Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband Near Mitchelstown

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of a broadband provider In Araglin, about 8 miles east of mitchelstown ? a friend of mine is looking for a provider but all he seems to be able to get is satellite or dial up. Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
    pj
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

amocom may have a mast out there

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DaForceCork

Sorry to hijack Pj

Any provider in Mallow? Without having to get eircom line in etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

then try 3, O2 or Vodafone mobile broadband. They are definitely not braodband, but adequate for browsing. No use for video or gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Sorry to hijack Pj

Any provider in Mallow? Without having to get eircom line in etc.

Just outside of mallow myself and have http://www.amocom.com for the past couple of years and have had great service from them.

What sort of limit per month and speed busman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

They don't have a set usage limit, fair use I guess. Never had an issue myself or my neighbors who would use more that me.

As for speed I get close to 2Mb/s down and about .75Mb/s up

Thanks Busman

Debating if to go to eircom for 7Mb line package which is on special offer, only thing I found is that amocom want 149 for connection fee for install.

Advertisement