Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Total Newbie Question

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:30pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having recently purchased a 04 TDI golf I would like to change the rims/wheels. I have always really liked the GTI rims but would they fit? :o

If so would I best getting them from a dealer or elsewhere?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Don't go near a dealer, you will get robbed.

What you want are Replica's, and yes they will fit your car. The wheel your after is the Detroit, assuming your talking about the MK5 Gti.

The wheels can be gotten here, for 850 including tyres.
    http://www.alloy-wheels.ie/vwrep.html (You'll see them half way down the page). They're based in Dublin, and Keith is the man to talk to.

If that doesn't suit, Planet Auto do the wheels as well. You could also try get a set second hand.

If your getting into the VW scene, you might like to register on
    www.vagdrivers.net

Post all your questions/queries and you'll get plenty of good advice. Loads of parts and bits always forsale as well. If you've any questions about the Golf i'll try me finest to answer:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Thanks Limerick-man.

I actually registered on that site a while back but dont want to be asking a whole lot of questions!! The list of them I have is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Thanks Limerick-man.

I actually registered on that site a while back but dont want to be asking a whole lot of questions!! The list of them I have is endless.

Alot of people on it thrive for questions, ask away:D

Advertisement