Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rain Sensor or Wiper Stalk???

Options
  • 08-01-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

My friend has a 04 Avensis with Auto wipers. I had a look at it for him as he cannot get the wiper to come on intermitently which is also where they would sit if on auto pilot. They work fine on normal and fast speed. Any ideas would be great...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Does the car have rain sensing wipers? If so, have you tried touching the sensor? If you do that and the wipers don't come on then there's something wrong. Make sure to get your hand out of the way in time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Yeah I tried that and I also poured a bucket full of water over the screen and still no joy! but as I say the wipers work fine on normal setting

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sounds like a sensor problem so. I'm assuming you've gone through the manual to make sure there's no simple answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If I remember correctly there is a sensor built into the windscreen. It should be located right behind where the interior auto dipping mirror is mounted on the windscreen. You should be able to see it from the outside looking in.

Is it possible that a wronge type replacement windscreen without the sensor was at some stage fitted perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I'll check that in the morning although I don't think the windscreen was replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there is also a variable intermittent function on the wiper stalk itself.

Advertisement