Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online music shopping...

• 08-01-2009 11:49pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

I can't stop... I have a serious addiction and the credit card is ultra-fcked as a result. Between Warpmart, Amazon, Boomkat and now bloody Amazon.de - it has to end. Anyone bought from Amazon.de before? - just did some damage there tonight, can't understand German but all the buttons are in the same places so I got through it :pac: Lots of good stuff there that would be hard to find elsewhere.

The benefit right now though with the weak pound means unreal value when buying from UK online stores, I bought £142 worth from Amazon the other day which equated to 152 euro (where the hell is the euro symbol on a mac?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Amazon pi*s me off no end, the amount of things ive wanted to buy on that website but it wont allow me because for some bizzare reason they wont deliver to Ireland:mad: i suppose i could get it delivered to an address in England but i shouldn't have to, i did see Amazon.De but couldn't understand it (dunno how the fcuk you got around that one man) would be good if you could convert it into English.

As or music.when i do purchase i avoid Beatport and the likes too expensive, i find http://www.bm-soho.com/ to be good.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Its only electrical items etc that they won't deliver to Ireland - they stopped when the WEEE charges were introduced here, they obviously felt it was better to cease that trade than implement the charges for some reason! They will deliver though all music, books, DVD's etc.

I got around the amazon.de purely from being too fckin familiar with the Amazon layout and knowing what the buttons had to mean! Its exactly the same as the .co.uk layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

they also won't deliver computer games...

Alt-2 is the euro symbol, just to be obstinate compared to normal PCs. Just like # is Alt 3 rather than having its own button. grr.

I do an Amazon run about once a month, and flick through the charts on dance-tunes.com every few days; I've managed to restrain my buying habits after having to buy more CD storage every 6 months at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Know the Feelin lads - I collect Vinyl and the Market section on Discogs is my homepage. Think my Visa card is gonna melt soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

5e a month for a speedyshare a/c -youre kinda being robbed?

• Advertisement

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »

You wha? :confused:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Speedyshare is like rapidshare and if you're not sentimental about having the cd case, you can have anything you want really.

MYOB wrote: »
    they also won't deliver computer games...

Alt-2 is the euro symbol, just to be obstinate compared to normal PCs. Just like # is Alt 3 rather than having its own button. grr.

I do an Amazon run about once a month, and flick through the charts on dance-tunes.com every few days; I've managed to restrain my buying habits after having to buy more CD storage every 6 months at one stage!

Cheers, been bugging me since getting a Mac and kept meaning to google it or something!

In relation to storage for CD's etc, I ended up having to convert my attic just for CD's and vinyl... my hideaway :pac: Although I notice more and more of the kids toys ending up here :(

Zascar wrote: »
    Speedyshare is like rapidshare and if you're not sentimental about having the cd case, you can have anything you want really.

Yeah found out after... I very much believe in being sentimental over CD cases etc! To the point of being in debt over them :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »

How much of that €5 goes to the label owners and artists?

Even though I'm skint at the moment, I still buy new digi releases all the time (more so now that a lot of my favourite labels are moving from vinyl to cd)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Cheers, been bugging me since getting a Mac and kept meaning to google it or something!

In relation to storage for CD's etc, I ended up having to convert my attic just for CD's and vinyl... my hideaway :pac: Although I notice more and more of the kids toys ending up here :(

Dont let them up there Felix!! My little nephew got into one of my boxes of Vinyl - it was like a scene from Platoon when he was finished!!! Rare Sound Crowd releses caught in the crossfire and all!!!! It upsets me still....

Ddisco wrote: »
    Dont let them up there Felix!! My little nephew got into one of my boxes of Vinyl - it was like a scene from Platoon when he was finished!!! Rare Sound Crowd releses caught in the crossfire and all!!!! It upsets me still....

I can imagine... my 11 month old son made a go at some 12"s just yesterday, just managed to save a couple that were on the way across the floor with him - he was not impressed when I took them back... a DJ in the making I reckon!!!

Advertisement