Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominion: Resurrection

• 09-01-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this will get a good turn out.
    Dominion: Resurrection
    The people who brought you Dominion are very pleased to announce a special night this Saturday 10th January - DOMINION: Resurrection.
    The venue is the Cellar in Peadar Kearney's (formerly Rogue), 64 Dame Street, Dublin 2. Entrance is free! Standard times of 9.30 till 2.30.

The venue is a green building near the corner of Sycamore Street, a minute or so past Central Bank.

The DJs will be Conor and Greg, playing their patented mix of goth, industrial, ebm and alternative, with the usual smattering of indie, metal and random stuff we like.

We realise this is very short notice, but we were literally offered the venue today. Initially this is a one-off, but if Saturday goes well there is the likelihood the successor to Dominion will be ensconced there on a WEEKLY regular basis. Hence, if you can possibly come, even for a little while, please do; pass this on to your friends not on this list. The more that turn up early and prove that Dublin deserves a regular weekly goth club the better! And hey, the price is right

Hope to see you there,

Team Dominion

further info and updates on
    http://dominion.gothic.ie/
    http://community.livejournal.com/dom...g/resurrection

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

wow, Peader Kearney's changed from a reggae/dub venue quick enough eh?
    wonder what they'll try next??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Grrr sigh... Got an email about this last night, but don't think I can attend :(

I hope everybody turns out and supports, would be nice to see something regular going again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

whoop whoop been waiting for a dominion night!! think i will try get a bit of a gang to head to it (fingers crossed they are not all broke!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Would have liked to attend this as well, but unfortunately i'm gonna be elsewhere on the night.

I wish the lads all the best for a good turnout, and hopefully i'll be able to make it next.
    Bumped into a few of the lads who organised it at the airport on the way back from Whitby last November, nice guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Last night went really well, great turn out.
    It did end a little early mind when the garda called in but
    it seems that Dominion will have a new home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It's been a while since I was at Dominion, didn't actually know they were out of Issac Butts actually.

A monthly night would probably be better , I only went every so often as it was. Might be a bit surreal though what with the tourist friendly bar name and decor upstairs...

Tis good to know it's still on though

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Greg here, as used to run Dominion (ShawnRaven, met you at the airport going over to/back from Whitby I think? I was probably in a Nephilim hoodie, Matrix style coat).

It was a cracking night, great atmosphere and hundreds of people. From next week Dominion: Resurrection will be on every week in Peadar Kearney's. Unfortunately there will be a cover charge (likely to be same as before), but at least we got to do a freebie this week.

I'm no longer *directly* involved with running the club, but I'm helping out and I'm likely to be djing once a month or so, if you like what I used to play. After 10 years and 500 Dominions I felt like I needed a bit of a break from all the admin and djing every week :)

Full details as ever at http://dominion.gothic.ie

Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

glad to hear it will be on weekly...it's a much better spot and people going to dorans, button factory etc can pop in for a few drinks on nights they cant stay.

dont like where the dancefloor is as its sorta in the way of the seating area at the back so i was too shy to dance but i'm sure i will get over it!! really enjoyed sat night and boy was it jammers!! here's to many more busy fun nights!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll have to check it out again next time I'm in Dublin. I wasn't too impressed last few times I was there, far too much EBM for my tastes, but it's a place I'd been heading to on and off for absolutely years, had many a great night back when it was downstairs in Fraisers, so I was to hear of it shutting up the doors. Glad to see it's not dead yet, that there was a good turnout and I hope to hell there's many more years in it yet. Best of luck. ;)

nephster wrote: »
    Greg here, as used to run Dominion (ShawnRaven, met you at the airport going over to/back from Whitby I think? I was probably in a Nephilim hoodie, Matrix style coat).

I remember you, trying to remember what I wore that day but can't for the life of me, most likely an affliction top though, shaved head and a lot of piercings in my face. If you're who i think you are, you and your better half (i think) sat on the seat in front of us on the plane. I believe we also bumped into you at Middlesborough airport on the way to Whitby too. :)
    It was a cracking night, great atmosphere and hundreds of people. From next week Dominion: Resurrection will be on every week in Peadar Kearney's. Unfortunately there will be a cover charge (likely to be same as before), but at least we got to do a freebie this week.

I'm no longer *directly* involved with running the club, but I'm helping out and I'm likely to be djing once a month or so, if you like what I used to play. After 10 years and 500 Dominions I felt like I needed a bit of a break from all the admin and djing every week :)

Full details as ever at http://dominion.gothic.ie

Greg

Glad to hear it's still gonna go ahead, and will definitely be making an appearance in the weeks to come. :)

• Advertisement

far too much EBM for my tastes, but it's a place I'd been heading to on and off for absolutely years

I very much take your point. Problem is, there are very few new guest djs who are more into goth than ebm (using ebm in the general sense to mean alternative electronic music rather than actual ebm like Nitzer Ebb), and the ebmheads are far more likely to dance than the goths, so the dj will keep playing ebm to fill the floor; it's a vicious circle.

The ebmheads tend to ask for what they want. The goths tend to just complain afterwards and not actually request anything - not that I'm overgeneralising or anything :P

My advice is a/ ask for something gothy that's reasonably well-known as well as the obscure stuff, if you are making a request and b/ dance to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Thrilled to hear this went so well, as this scene definitely deserves a weekly outlet. Will definitely be checking it out with the girly in the coming weeks. I hope that it continues to get the turn out needed to survive.

I think it's all down to venue to be honest; I really disliked IB's, as it lacked that "something" that Frazers had (that "something" possibly being the smell from the jacks :P). Perhaps it was too big, I dunno. IB's reminded me of a mainstream club like 92/D2/Bondi or something equally horrific, all places I ashamedly frequented way back when during college in UCD before being enlightened to EBM/Industrial/Goth music, amongst other things.

Good luck to Alan/Greg/Conor/Orla with it anyway, or whoever is involved at this time.

How about the 10 min verison of This Corrosion :D

Thaedydal wrote: »
    How about the 10 min verison of This Corrosion :D

Often played the 4 minute one, only tended to go for the 10 minute songs when I needed to go to the loo or get a drink. TMI? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

nephster wrote: »
    and b/ dance to it :)

Kompressor does not dance! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi Thaed.

Sounded like you guys had a great night. I'd defo be up to go there. (never in Dominion b4). Sounds cool.

DenMan wrote: »
    Hi Thaed.

Sounded like you guys had a great night. I'd defo be up to go there. (never in Dominion b4). Sounds cool.

Well it looks like it may become a regular haunt of some of the noctural posters so keep an eye on the beer thread over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

good night on saturday.....big crowd....nice place in a central location.......good mix of music (seemed less ebm heavy)....

6 quid a bit steep after 11 considering nobody will have a job in 4 months but at least its not a tenner in like whelans or a stinking ****hole full wierd ugly fat people like fibbers....(see below)

tarman.gif
    "im into emo too...do you want to get off in the jacks?"

6 quid a bit steep after 11 considering nobody will have a job in 4 months

On a slow night, say less than 50 people, the door takings don't even cover costs. No one ever made a profit from Goth, bar Andrew Eldritch doing a tour when he needs a new Mercedes ;) Trust me, running Dominion was never the constant wine, women and song you might think!

And whenever we can, we do a freebie like last Sat :) We probably could have made a grand considering the venue didn't charge us for last week and the amount of people who came. *Next* week the venue *are* charging us unfortunately...

Six quid isn't the worst, considering there are bars in Dublin that charge that much per pint!
    Fibbers is charging a tenner in now?! Sorry, but that made me laugh.

If it's going ahead this Saturday, we might pop in on our way back from UFC. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement