Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAC 315 SatNav

Options
  • 09-01-2009 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone got one of these ? What's the story with them ?

I bought one in Oct and last week the screen went 99.9% blank; if you squinted enough you could see the graphics, but it was useless.

So I exchanged it today, and guess what ? The replacement started up OK first time, but now it sits with the 2 options on-screen and pressing them does nothing......

Am I REALLY unlucky to get 2 dodgy ones or are these just ****e ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭garydubh

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Has anyone got one of these ? What's the story with them ?

I bought one in Oct and last week the screen went 99.9% blank; if you squinted enough you could see the graphics, but it was useless.

So I exchanged it today, and guess what ? The replacement started up OK first time, but now it sits with the 2 options on-screen and pressing them does nothing......

Am I REALLY unlucky to get 2 dodgy ones or are these just ****e ?

Statistically errors do not normally show a 100% occurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

garydubh wrote: »
    Statistically errors do not normally show a 100% occurance

Errr....OK :confused: Thanks for that, Mr Spock.....

Statistically, the one's I've bought have....

I was only wondering if a significant number of other people had problems with them, but I've since asked a friend of a friend who's sold a good few and gotten none back, so it looks like I've been VERY unlucky.....

Off back to O2 tomorrow for ANOTHER replacement, methinks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The shop swapped the second faulty one for me today; hopefully third time lucky because if this one goes kaput I'll have no faith in the quality of these! A few people who sell them (one whom I know personally, so no bull**** from there) said he's had no returns or reported faults with the ones he sold, but if the third one does go, I'll give up!

So far so good, though - options on-screen work, and holding the unit doesn't cause it to beep as if you'd tapped the screen (which it did with the second one).

Advertisement