Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dawn and Dusk C&C

• 09-01-2009 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Dalkey Island at dawn the other day

3181075634_890cdef4b7_b.jpg

Original:
    Canon 5D MkII 24-105 F4L @105mm iso200 F5.6 1/250 RAW
    Apple Aperture: Highlights and Shadows, Dodge and Burn, Vibrancy, Crop and some cloning to remove birds.
    3181360409_676940a88c_b.jpg

Dusk over Killiney Bay on Wednesday

3180233449_894068cf57_b.jpg

Original:
    Canon 5D MkII 24-105 F4L @35mm iso100 F9 1/160 RAW
    Apple Aperture: Highlights and Shadows, Dodge and Burn to cross and foreground and upper right sky, Vibrancy, Contrast, sharpened. Photoshop; Straightened with Lens Distortion filter
    3181362277_956c93ae7a_b.jpg

Tuesdays Sunset

3180260589_fc57e4c58d_b.jpg

Original:
    Canon 5D MkII 17-40 F4L @17mm (couldn't go back further without falling down the cliff) iso400 F6.3 1/80 RAW
    Apple Aperture: Highlights and Shadows, Dodge and Burn, Vibrancy, sharpened. Photoshop; Straightened with Lens Distortion filter
    3182191242_05e52f7357_b.jpg

Comments

Really like 1 and 2.

3rd one seems a little cluttered to me, I'm being drawn to the fence and rocks rather then the monument or sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

Really like 2 and 3
    (not very constructive ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great shots, all of them but I really like the perspective on #2 really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

#2 rox my jox!
    #3 seems to be overcooked....I still like it though.

For #1 you've captured the sunset & the silhouette perfectly but I think there's just a bit too much water in the shot.The expanse of water at the base of the photo is lacking any colour and imo takes away from the sunset.Cropping out about half of the water would help put a lot more focus on the sunset itself.Also I would be tempted to raise the red saturation just a smidgen to really bring out the colours of the sunset,without looking too unnatural.

#2 I really like.You've found a great angle overlooking the monument and composed the shot very well encompassing the curve of the shoreline and the hazy hills in the background.

#3 I think is a bit too overprocessed.The clouds in the background look far too strong in comparison with the foreground colours of the fence and monument,the whole scene looks a bit unnatural.I have a feeling this would look much better in black and white where the colours of the foreground and background would be less conflicting.

Great set though,the early mornings were worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Gorgeous shots. #2 is my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

#1 looks worth getting out of bed for!
    #2 is a fantastic composition. Nice bit of mist in the scene too.

I'd be interested in what focal length, lens, post processing settings were used. Good work!

(aside: cloudy forecast this weekend - so no luck with such shots this weekend. grrrr! ;-) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Great shots. I like all of them but #1 & #3 would be the favourites. I think the sky is brilliant in #1 & in #3 I like the way the sky catches the monument.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Great Shots.I especialyl like number 2.Great angle and colour

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

1 and 2 are very nice shots. Composition in 2 is well thought out. 3 doesnt work so well i feel- hasnt got the tranquility of the other two. The monument is too central and close. nice set though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

The shots look really sharp.What porcessing did you do to achieve it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Really like #2 with all the haze. It looks really good and quite natural.

Also like the colors in #1. But #2 is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Howitzer wrote: »
    #1 looks worth getting out of bed for!
    #2 is a fantastic composition. Nice bit of mist in the scene too.

I'd be interested in what focal length, lens, post processing settings were used. Good work!

(aside: cloudy forecast this weekend - so no luck with such shots this weekend. grrrr! ;-) )

Originals added with lens data and PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

cheers for goin to the trouble of putting that info in!
    Helps to pic up tips and see other people's workflow. Have a good weekend!

Advertisement