Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marushin M1 Garand (Full walnut wood version)

Options
  • 09-01-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

I picked up a Marushin M1 Garand from the good folks at eirsoft today. She's an absolute beauty although I've only had a limited chance to fire her but what I can say is this; it's so much fun to fire it's almost criminal :D

The manual sucks, and my gas set-up seems a little temperamental but that is possibly on account of my not being able to understand the instruction manual which has no English on it and is about as clear as mud.

You'll know when it's fired because the report is noticeable although despite being a GBB there is little recoil beyond what the bolt generates when loading the next round.

Each magazine (plastic) contains 8 rounds (8mm). After that you get a nice "zing" kind of sound as the mag gets top-ejected. The mags do not hold gas. Gas is loaded via the bottom of the rifle (just forward of the trigger-guard & safety)

Finally, the construction is sturdy and racking does not feel "flimsy". This is not a light piece of kit. An arm-wearying 10kg she is not, but an ABS M4 she is neither.

Anyway, pictures

picture.php?albumid=370&pictureid=1887

picture.php?albumid=370&pictureid=1888

picture.php?albumid=370&pictureid=1889

picture.php?albumid=370&pictureid=1890

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

absolutely class lad, will you skirmish her?
    is the walnut standard or and optional extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lemming I hate you !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

absolutely class lad, will you skirmish her?
    is the walnut standard or and optional extra?

I fully intend to skirmish her. Just need more clips. Not sure if the walnut is standard or an optional extra but I suspect it's down to the model. The catalogue that came with the M1 seems to indicate that the full length M1 Garand is a limited edition beastie so there may be no option but to take the full wood

Tbh, would you want an ABS Garand? And as I believe I said earlier on the phone to someone (Shiva I believe) in the context of ABS vs. Wood M79s .... "ABS is for pussies! If my arms aren't falling off it's not fun"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hold on, where the bloody hell was that hiding in the shop?!?!

I need to get more informed about this things.

They look absolutely gorgous... and i think my list for the year just extended

Join G&G Family
    Tm Sopmod
    A bloody garand!!!!

( Doesnt help ive been watchig band of brothers last few nights)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lemming: try warming the gun beside a radiator, same goes for the gas. theres a decent bit of recoil but you might not be getting the most out of the gas with these low temperatures were having., i was playing with another one after you left today, i stuck it on the heater and it was brilliant., :D

• Advertisement

Lemming wrote: »
    I fully intend to skirmish her. Just need more clips. Not sure if the walnut is standard or an optional extra but I suspect it's down to the model. The catalogue that came with the M1 seems to indicate that the full length M1 Garand is a limited edition beastie so there may be no option but to take the full wood

Tbh, would you want an ABS Garand? And as I believe I said earlier on the phone to someone (Shiva I believe) in the context of ABS vs. Wood M79s .... "ABS is for pussies! If my arms aren't falling off it's not fun"

no i meant walnut as opposed to the usual balsa wood they use for a lot of wood stocks, i was surprised it was walnut as i saw the wood on an m2 and it looked fairly shít.

even if you do sacrifice the amount of ammo you can let loose, she really wipes the floor with all those electric jamalites out there.
    and shes 8mil.

would you consider the stripper clips as being disposible?

no i meant walnut as opposed to the usual balsa wood they use for a lot of wood stocks, i was surprised it was walnut as i saw the wood on an m2 and it looked fairly shít.

Actually, I stand corrected. There are two versions (the shorter 'tanker' version not withstanding). The limited edition walnut version, and what looks like a 'plain' wood version.
    would you consider the stripper clips as being disposible?

Not disposable as such since they do cost money. But if redwolf prices are anythign to go by, the plastic versions are $10 and there is a metal version available for $15

*cough*cough* Shiva ... got a special order for you ;)

yeah it was the second one i saw, the walnut is far superior.
    at that price difference for the clips id get the metal, id imagine there would be a much more satisfying ping upon ejection.

never mind shiva, you go order 20 of them right now from redwolf, youll have them by next friday..................................

you know its the right thing to do...............

bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..bang..PING!

reload and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

Hold on, where the bloody hell was that hiding in the shop?!?!

I need to get more informed about this things.

They look absolutely gorgous... and i think my list for the year just extended

Join G&G Family
    Tm Sopmod
    A bloody garand!!!!

( Doesnt help ive been watchig band of brothers last few nights)

there has gotta be a second one cause tony tried to tempt me earlier with one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Ye jammy sod. If ya dont mind me asking but what did it set you back?
    I was looking at getting one of those this year. A late B'day pressie to myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

at that price difference for the clips id get the metal, id imagine there would be a much more satisfying ping upon ejection.

On both the plastic clips and the metal clips the top of them is both metal, so you both get the ping sound, it's just the body which is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

there has gotta be a second one cause tony tried to tempt me earlier with one :rolleyes:

You say that like I wasnt almost successful :p

Shiva wrote: »
    You say that like I wasnt almost successful :p

You are an evil man Shiva tempting all us poor workers in a recession and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

take away the re and you have a session, is that a wooden receiver?

Lemming rang me last night just so he could let me hear this thing racking.

It sounds amazing, it was ruined slightly by the sound of Lemming drolling and giggling like a little school girl as he racked his rifle (hmmm that sounds rude!).

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Walsh475

Dam you to hell:(, I want one but i know i should be trying to save money. how much it set u back?

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Ye jammy sod. If ya dont mind me asking but what did it set you back?
    Walsh475 wrote: »
    I want one but i know i should be trying to save money. how much it set u back?

Asking price from eirsoft was €450.

Being an IAA member I did of course get discount as per the scheme that's running :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

gandalf wrote: »
    You are an evil man Shiva tempting all us poor workers in a recession and all.

Recessions are caused by people not spending money on consumer goods.

1- You buy goods.
    2- The shop you buy them from can create employment, and buys more goods.
    3 - The suppliers the shop buys from creates employment
    4 - The people employed spend their wages on goods
    5 - The economy grows.
    6 - Repeat from Step 1

I'm a big damn hero, single-handedly saving the world economy. Simple as. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Lemming wrote: »
    Asking price from eirsoft was €450.

Being an IAA member I did of course get discount as per the scheme that's running :)

Cheers for that. I think it will have to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

nice rifle!! my dad is looking for a garand for a while what is the damage on them???

sorry didnt see the above comment for some reason, cancel my last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

I think there is something important missing from the review and thats the sound! Hold on let me try and do it. Chung Chung Chung PINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I play COD too much. Id love to hear that in a vid or something!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

HAHA., believe it or not, it actually makes that noise., :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Shiva wrote: »
    Recessions are caused by people not spending money on consumer goods.

1- You buy goods.
    2- The shop you buy them from can create employment, and buys more goods.
    3 - The suppliers the shop buys from creates employment
    4 - The people employed spend their wages on goods
    5 - The economy grows.
    6 - Repeat from Step 1

I'm a big damn hero, single-handedly saving the world economy. Simple as. ;)

Sounds like "nicolas xxxx" Lords of War..
    Peace Shiva...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

in work here looking at it.

And its a simple choice between either an amazing amount of enjoyment or getting dumped and living the single life.

And its a horribly hard choice....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

jeeze that looks amazing. its a piece of art Lemming...that and of course the other ww2 kit you have the BAR...

classic kit...absolute classic...way way jealous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Oath

Heya

Sorry to but in a bit here, I've been looking at getting a garand myself, but was wondering, what's the accuracy like?
    All reports say that the power is plenty to be a useable skirmish sniper, but can you actualy hit anything with that power or are you just going to damage trees unfortunate enough to be within 5 meters of your target!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I find the range and accuracy on my own very good.
    I managed to hit a MacD's ketchup packet from quiet a distance when I was testing her out when I got it. Now I dont recall the distance, but suffice to say it was enough that I'd be more than confident to use her in a skirmish.(As is the plan when my clips arrive.)

Ohhh.....And get one....DO IT!!!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭Horse84

:D+1

DO it!!

Advertisement