Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i hate fm09!

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

only bought fm09 the other day and i already hate it. tried installing it tonight and its frying my brain.it installed fine but when i go to run it, it asks for the product key which is fine but it then says it cant connect to the internet. it wont connect to steam either. it keeps saying server unavailable.
    any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

so both steam and uniloc can't connect to the internet? will steam run outside of the installation? if not it sounds like they either haven't been given permissions by your firewall or you're going through a proxy to me. are you using Wifi in a student complex by any chance?

scrap that, try this:
    One thing you can try is to delete the data files with .blob extensions in your Program Files>Steam directory (Eg. ClientRegistry.blob, AppUpdateStats.blob). This will cause it to rebuild the Steam Registry and perhaps might resolve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

hunggar wrote: »
    only bought fm09 the other day and i already hate it. tried installing it tonight and its frying my brain.it installed fine but when i go to run it, it asks for the product key which is fine but it then says it cant connect to the internet. it wont connect to steam either. it keeps saying server unavailable.
    any ideas?

I have a raging idea. Steam is down tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

I didnt think you had to use steam.. Prety sure there is another option to get it up and running..

Cant recall 100% what i did when installing the game but i didnt use the steam option..

I didnt think you had to use steam.. Prety sure there is another option to get it up and running..

Cant recall 100% what i did when installing the game but i didnt use the steam option..

You don't have to use steam if you have the disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hunggar

fm09 is forgiven. ardscoil ris you were right. steam is back up so its actually working now. im using the disk but it wouldnt install while steam was down.
    thanks for the help guys

• Advertisement

thumbs%20up%20low%20res.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I have a raging idea. Steam is down tonight.

wasn't for me...

Advertisement