Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the Dell website.

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭

Not related to other dell matters.
    I thought it was pretty amusing:

laptop.PNG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

fergalr wrote: »
    Not related to other dell matters.
    I thought it was pretty amusing:

laptop.PNG

I just took a ride on the roflcopter. Unfortunately it was piloted by Colin Mcrae and it crashed and burned...just like that picture.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah, I really don't get it either. :confused:

An File wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't get it either. :confused:

If he points it out to me and it's funny I will take back everything I said and thank him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

If he points it out to me and it's funny I will take back everything I said and thank him.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

Ah lads...
    Nothing to kill any humour it might have had, like a good explanation, but, well...

I was on the Dell website looking at computers, and I came across the laptop page.

I noted, as it said in the picture, that one of the selling points of the laptop is
    "superior to attention details"
    when they clearly meant
    "superior attention to details"

This is ironic, because it shows a lack of attention to detail in the sales literature of the product that is being sold as having superior attention to detail, and I thought that was funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gosimeon

"Superior to attention detail"

Should be the other way around! What's soooo funny about this is that irony; if whoever wrote the snippet for the advert had being paying attention to detail, they would have noticed their lil' hiccup and fixed it.

Maybe they went and exported the writer jobs to cheaper economies? ;)

Mildly ironic, perhaps the OP should have put a clue in the thread title or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I thought it was that it said 'shipping'.

OP the fact that you had to explain why it was funny means that this thread is a complete success and you deserve a million euros. Hugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I can see this joke being relocated to the Poland forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭t-ha

I got it straight away and thought it was funny.

Don't blaim the OP for your own intellectual shortcomings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Polski copywriters already at workski.

t-ha wrote: »

Hey, it was three in the morning, even the best of us can miss things at that hour! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

whiskeyman wrote: »

Most humourous part of this thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭TeenageKicks

I am so sad I read this thread, worst joke ever

ban me I dont care it had to be said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I don't want to do that but if you deliberately flaunt the charter again I will have no choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

3 million Pc's for sale out of the back of a Robin Reliant !

Call Dell boy!

TEL: 00-48-12-657657

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

I am so sad I read this thread, worst joke ever
    ban me I dont care it had to be said

Well, it's not a crafted joke as such - its such something I noticed as actually on the Dell website, and thought was humorous.

It only works if you think irony is funny, which apparently a few people here don't...
    Anyway, each to their own :)
    An File wrote: »
    Mildly ironic, perhaps the OP should have put a clue in the thread title or something.
    In fairness, I think asking for a clue in the title is a bit much... The error is in the single sentence thats in the picture...
    The 'clue' is that the picture is posted in the humour forum.
    Would expect a master wordsmith like yourself would pick up on this before criticising, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 MondaysSuck

fergalr wrote: »
    Well, it's not a crafted joke as such - its such something I noticed as actually on the Dell website, and thought was humorous.

It only works if you think irony is funny, which apparently a few people here don't...
    Anyway, each to their own :)

it made me laugh. :):):)

t-ha wrote: »

A typo doesn't get me rolling on the floor. I'm sorry I don't have the same sense of humour as you, but you could find millions of typos on the internet.

However, I will try to increase my intellectual shortcomings by researching irony in all its form and report back my findings to you. Hopefully we can put this ugly situation behind us and maybe become lovers?

• Advertisement

A typo doesn't get me rolling on the floor. I'm sorry I don't have the same sense of humour as you, but you could find millions of typos on the internet.

However, I will try to increase my intellectual shortcomings by researching irony in all its form and report back my findings to you. Hopefully we can put this ugly situation behind us and maybe become lovers?

This dude and his brother are 2 of the funniest people I know. Fact.
    fergalr wrote:
    In fairness, I think asking for a clue in the title is a bit much... The error is in the single sentence thats in the picture...
    The 'clue' is that the picture is posted in the humour forum.
    Would expect a master wordsmith like yourself would pick up on this before criticising, tbh.

Ooh, more irony! You're on a roll ;)
    Seriously though, when the joke is carried on two words in the wrong position, it's fairly important to make sure people notice them quickly. Otherwise, threads like this happen...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Wouldn't be funny as the word order is correct in Polish :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

But are they ironic typos? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha... this is soooooo funny.

I love it when people moan and break down jokes..

/puts on mod hat

Stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Maybe its cos I've been up all night but I find this comment hilarious - got a good laugh from it so I'm happy I've read the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i got a laugh from it anyway so thanks poster

Advertisement