Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another boards book

• 09-01-2009 4:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi guys -

Enjoyed the book so much thought might be an idea for the creative writing forum to put together something similiar!

Looking for feedback on co ordination - orgainisation and planning - costing - problems encountered - communication- what would ye have done differantly....

Thanks a mill all feedback will be a great help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Personally I think the area that caused most hassle was the design of the layout. It took a long time to decide so I think maybe if you could get that bit ut of the way first. You could say right we're going for the same design as the boards photo book and that would cut a lot of the hassle out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Yeah I suggested we steal all the Photography book's ideas and change just the cover and content ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

I have offered to help with layouts and design - the visual impact will probably not be as much of a factor as with photography as its words and not visuals - if that makes any sense!?

Considering its text and not a uniform size and shape. I guess deciding on text will be first step...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The book here was a success because a few individuals took on specific tasks & coordinated things. They were not dictatorial & most decisions were done by Polls. Ideas put forward were incorporated.

Have a read through the various threads, there are a few, and you will see the evolution. Using the project to raise money for SSF made the whole thing take on a more determined spirit.

When you know which pieces will be published you could approach other Arts Forums & get some photographs, paintings, drawings etc. to illustrate the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

If it's pure text, I would suggest a white background and not a black one as was used here.

Would you be looking for a few photos to illustrate some of the stories by any chance?

• Advertisement

For the Photography book, was it public knowledge which pics were going in? I'd think it better if the book's contents wasn't initially available anywhere outside the book itself, so that would make it difficult for ppl to put photos in :\

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We knew WHO was submitting photo's but not what they were.

The authors could request Photo's to illustrate a particular theme. No need to disclose the whole story.

CabanSail wrote: »
    We knew WHO was submitting photo's but not what they were.

The authors could request Photo's to illustrate a particular theme. No need to disclose the whole story.

Hrm, that's a good idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I'll try to summarise the whole book-madness and storm of threads to make some conclusion for somebody involved in the book 2009, but not today.
    ThOndocracy was the way: I had suggested something, people came with their ideas, we have discussed their ideas and agreed that the mine was the best and we had a vote on it to confirm it.
    People signed in for the project with only two conditions - supply a acceptable picture and buy (at least) one copy of the book.

Advertisement