Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this film

Options
  • 09-01-2009 6:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

there is a movie from the 80's where the lead character is whisked away to fight in a space war after getting the highest score in Space invaders.

We have been tearing our hair out trying to find the name, Does anyone out there want to put us out of our misery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's "The Last Starfighter"

Haven't seen it years actually... must track down a copy.

It's "The Last Starfighter"

Haven't seen it years actually... must track down a copy.

Well done, that was impressive! I've never seen it but it's something I'll look out for.

Now for a harder one. Insanely hard in fact, so much so it may belong in the Films forum, but I'd probably get a better response to it here! ;)

About ten years ago I saw a fantasy film on TV. All I can remember about it was the really tacky 80's synth music on it, and one bit where the hero rides on a horse through some kind of magic doorway (only to disappear (badly) with accompanying (bad) sound effects).

The only other thing I can think I remember is that the hero had a mustache.

Ok. If anybody actually knows what the hell the film is I will be SERIOUSLY impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

krull?

Penis Eye wrote: »
    krull?

No, it definitely wasn't Krull. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

No, it definitely wasn't Krull. :(

thot that would have been too easy!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

My brother bought me a dvd of it a while back, but it is region 1 so I can't watch it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Most dvd players are multiregion you know. Try videohelp.com There should be a guide as to how to switch the refion on your player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Now for a harder one. Insanely hard in fact, so much so it may belong in the Films forum, but I'd probably get a better response to it here! ;)

About ten years ago I saw a fantasy film on TV. All I can remember about it was the really tacky 80's synth music on it, and one bit where the hero rides on a horse through some kind of magic doorway (only to disappear (badly) with accompanying (bad) sound effects).

The only other thing I can think I remember is that the hero had a mustache.

Ok. If anybody actually knows what the hell the film is I will be SERIOUSLY impressed.

Hawk the Slayer?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080846/

Advertisement