Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking ticket

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

craichoe wrote: »
    You seem to have a very limited understanding of the system, since my card number only has 13 digits in it.

Its the first 6 digits that that identify the Type and Issuer, after that its an account number, followed by the last digit which is a checksum.

I know exactly what the number is made up of, including the checksum (aka Luhn, or mod10).

there are people here say that if a card is cancelled a charge cannot be made to it. That is incorrect.

There are different implementations, many issuers having their own numbering scheme, therefore number length is irrelevent (this is not a length contest ;) ). the point i'm trying to make is that cancelling a card before a charge can be made does not prevent the person from receiving the charge. A quick call to BOI Card Services has just confirmed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

preilly79 wrote: »
    the point i'm trying to make is that cancelling a card before a charge can be made does not prevent the person from receiving the charge. A quick call to BOI Card Services has just confirmed this.

You're talking a load of bollock! In case anyone wants to check this out the number to call is below. If you cancel a credit card a new transaction cannot be put onto a new credit card once the number has changed. Only direct debits and pending payments will carry over!

BOI CARD SERVICES
    MASTERCARD & VISA

Customer Services Tel: 1890 251 251

Just to confirm I've been just on the phone to them. If you even think about what preilly is saying is true, just think of the amount of fraud that would slip through!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Right I think this has gone off topic enough. It is supposed to be a motors forum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement