Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerhill, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi, Everyone,

I'm new to this site and I'm here for a very selfish reason. I'm trying to trace my Wife's Grandmother. She was last seen in the Summerhill area of Enniscorthy, in 1927. Her name was Mary Bolger (nee Quirke). Her Husband was named Michael Bolger, and died in 1953. Sorry it's all a bit vague, but that's all we have to go on!
    Hoping,
    Terry Fulham.
    PS. She married in a Catholic Church.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hi
    Did she live in Summerhill or was she just "seen" there?
    There are quite a few Bolgers in that area (Enniscorthy)

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 terryfulham

Ian

My Husband and myself have spent the last 2 years looking for my grandmother. My Dad Peter Bolger known as Peary now aged 81 would like to find her grave.She was married to Mick Bolger of Summerhill for a year or so.He already had 6 children and she then gave birth to my Dad and left.My Dad was raised by his father and never knew her.
    Regards
    Marie Fulham nee Bolger

If they died in the area then they would be buried in St. Marys Cemetery, very close by.
    I'm sure there's somewhere you can inquire about people buried there, its quite a big cemetery so looking around yerself might take some time but there are very old graves there, so I reckon thats you best bet

HB

Will have a phone number for you later for a guy that will know if the grave is there?
    Can you PM me an email address for you or can I PM it to you later?

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pau8lieskins

I know in Wexford Town that the planning office can tell you who is buried in Crosstown and where the grave is, I'm assuming that in Enniscorthy its the same deal ?

Also try to check out Cantwells Book of the Dead in the local library for graveyards around Enniscorthy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

Perhaps contacting somebody from the Cathedral in Enniscorthy may be able to point you in the right direction

http://www.staidanscathedral.ie/index.html

Also, have you tried the National Library of Ireland
    http://www.nli.ie/en/family-history-introduction.aspx

Doogle,
    Thanks for the info but it was one of the first places we tried. Thanks again.
    Terry:(

Hi Terry
    Did you try the email I PM'd you?

HB

Hi,

Yes, we've already emailed that particular Priest. At least we got a reply from him! All the other Priests must very, very, very busy!

Thanks anyway,
    Terry

Still having no luck in our search surrounding the later life of Mary Bolger nee Quirke. We have no proof to say where in Ireland she was born! The facts we do have are as follows: Mary Quirke married Michael Bolger on the sixth of September 1926. The wedding took place in Enniscorthy Roman Catholic Cathedral. Her Father is named as Patrick Quirke (Labourer). The marriage took place in the presence of Patrick Kelly & Maggie Kemple.
    In the following year they had child named Peter Bolger. He was born on 25 September 1927. (Peter Bolger is the Father of my Wife, Marie). She left the marital home when he was still a baby. Peter Bolger as no memory of her at all! His Father would not have her name mentioned in the house.
    Peter Bolger is now 81 years old. He knows the nearest he will ever get to her is to visit her final resting place, her Grave.
    Please if you can help....
    Terry

• Advertisement
Advertisement