Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

4. Slugs
    5. Slugs +1 (possibly one other, so +2? :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

DJCR wrote: »
    WOOOO HOOOOOO

Old Timer gets his way !!!

So for next wednesday 16th @ 6pm, on the Astroturf we have:-

1) DJCR
    2) Finnezzia
    3) Finnezzia +1
    4) Nial09
    5)Slugs
    6)Slugs +1
    7)Slugs +2 Maybe
    8)Mayo_lad

we only need 2/3 more and we have 5 a side

On a side note who has a good ball at home to play with :D

mayo_lad wrote: »
    we only need 2/3 more and we have 5 a side

On a side note who has a good ball at home to play with :D
    Well I've two, but the only playing with them is yore ma....

(sorry, but I had to man... :P:P:P)

ha ha well played slugs well played

mayo_lad wrote: »
    ha ha well played slugs well played
    :D

To answer your question nah I don't mate :P

And what about cones and stuff.... or are we using full pitch o.O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Theres talk of beers in scholars Wednesday so why dont ye all come over after the game? See BULBS thread for details

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anybody fancy a game of soccer in Delta at seven o'clock tonight?
    The lads from the Limerick City forum have a regular slot booked there for Monday evenings.
    Unfortunately, between work, injuries and the day that's in it, we've only 8 players for tonight.

I'll be driving out so I can pick people up outside UL if needs be. PM me or post here ( http://boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=860 ) if you're interested in playing tonight.

Edit: one space left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

I just checked my emails and the wonderful people at UL have decided to call a student rep meeting at 6 so I can't make tomorrow. My friend is still up for it if it's goin ahead.

finnezzia wrote: »
    I just checked my emails and the wonderful people at UL have decided to call a student rep meeting at 6 so I can't make tomorrow. My friend is still up for it if it's goin ahead.

that's cool Finnezzia
    as far as i can see it's still going a head at 6 o clock on the astroturf to night could some on bring a ball and we'll see what happens then

i'll be the lad in the munster shirt for those that dont know me

My mate'll bring down the ball.

I'll be the guy with long hair :P Can't be too many of those around ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Cool - See you all there, I might be a bit late ......... Having to work and all by I shouldn't be too far behind ye.

You should know me by now, you'll hear me before you see me.

*I'll be in an arsenal jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I might be a bit late aswell, have a tutorial at 5 and il need to grab some food.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I have +1 at least, and another will play if theres odd number of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Hey guys, really really really sickened to have to do this. but something has come up in work and there is no chance of me getting there on time or probably at all. I thought it was going to keep me back a little (hence I said I'd be late), but now it looks like I won't even get to see the Arsenal match.

So all i can say is if you see me you see me but I can't commit to it tonight - really wish i could. Sorry Guys - Might see ye for drinkies afterwards (Might being the optimum word)!!

DJCR -1 :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

was just talkin to my mate, he's in work late too so isnt gonna bother. sorry for late/no notice.

Went down with a group of 8 myself and ended up playing two games with two seperate bunch of lads... was anyone here in either of them :P?

Slugs wrote: »
    Went down with a group of 8 myself and ended up playing two games with two seperate bunch of lads... was anyone here in either of them :P?
    was down there my self and had a game was also talking to nail 09 there shame we didn't meet up there for a game

You sure you weren't playing me? :P
    Long hair, was wearing a red tshirt.

Slugs wrote: »
    You sure you weren't playing me? :P
    Long hair, was wearing a red tshirt.

i think i was playing beside ye in the centre of the pitch

ah fair enough, I ended up playing against some of those lads after ye left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Ok people, I'm posting this again as I like to keep up the tradition of at least trying to set up a weekly game of football. This isn't always successful but if you don't try then you never know!

So read the following...
    TheTownie wrote: »
    OK here we are again, start of a semester and I'm looking for 9 committed people who want to play indoor football once a week @ €3 per person (Off peak pricing aka during the daytime. Nighttime would cost more, €6 pp afaik).

First I want people to post a message if they want to play and who trusts themselves to be able to plan ahead and set aside an hour every week (I know how difficult that sounds but believe me its achievable :pac:).

If we get enough replies to make up the numbers, then we can start discussing the most appropriate time.

And finally if all 10 of us can agree a day and time, I will go book a court in the arena (Hopefully the time we want will be free).

The sooner we sort this, the more chance we have of getting our most suitable time so the ball is in your court people (No pun intended :D).

The indoor aspect is not negotiable from my POV as going outdoor just opens up a load of problems that I would rather avoid. Its hard enough just getting people to turn up for an hour nevermind debating whether the weather is suitable.

N.B. This is open to anyone who likes to play whether you're a world beater or a novice. I see it mainly as a way to improve my fitness which is probably at an embarrassing level ATM.

Any questions just ask. I'll give until the end of week 2 for this to be arranged, if this doesn't take off then so be it. I won't be sheding any tears over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

I'm in...

i'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I'm quite lazy and very unfit but I'd be up for this.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I'm quite lazy and very unfit but I'd be up for this.

I don't ask for or expect much from people except for a commitment to turn up at the set time.

At the very least give as much notice as possible as to why you can't make it but in fairness there aren't many things that can't wait an hour to be done. Its all about priorities.

Of course there are mitigating circumstances which are to be expected every now and again but in the past people where more consistent in pulling out than they were in turning up which was a bit of a ridiculous situation to be in.

Gotta keep this momentum going!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

I would def be up for a game on a monday or tuesday night/evening... what days are other people thinking?

I would def be up for a game on a monday or tuesday night/evening... what days are other people thinking?

Well there are a number of points to be made here;

1. Its best to wait until you have 10 people to discuss the time because what is suitable for the first five isn't necessarily suitable for the second five.

2. Playing after 6 (Think thats the cut-off for off-peak) is asking people to pay €6 each which could be a sticking point.

3. Tuesdays after 6 isn't great for most people e.g. Champions League and/or night out in town.

Personally have no problem with Monday evenings. I'll be be putting what times I'm free if the numbers get closer to 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Folers23

I'm more than up for it!

Subject to agreeing a time, so far we've got;

1. TheTownie
    2. kpac
    3. mayo_lad
    4. Eire-dearg
    5. clancy wiggum
    6. Folers23
    7. Mac an tSionnai

Nearly there now lads. If in the unlikely event I get more than ten names, the first ten will be given first refusal with any extra people being on call for filling in for absentees.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mac an tSionnai

Well lads. I'd love to get a weekly game going. I'm reliable; in the rare event that I need to pull out of these things, I always give at least a day's notice.

Advertisement