Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I wont lie, I'm envious that (a) UL is back in session and I'm not there, and (b) that weekly boardsie footy is being arranged and I can't make it either!

A thought to Townie, try and PM all the lads that we had last year [niall09 springs to mind, as does DJCR] and see how they are fixed, as they might not check the forum regularly, and they might help add to the numbers...
    I'd also hold out for a week 3 start-up due to a lot of newbies added to the forum, and a lot of oldies leaving or going on co-op etc...so I'd say stick it out to end of week 3 to get numbers organised..

I really hope it goes well for you guys, it was a lot of fun last year, and I met some great lads as a result, hence my disappointment at not being able to participate this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Cheers Mossin, I'll give them a bell on the pm.

Your experienced input is always appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

if it helps number wise i'm sure I know one or two more lads who would play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Also, I say why not start as soon as possible. Most people have their full timetables now and know what time they have off.

if it helps number wise i'm sure I know one or two more lads who would play...

Cheers man, you'd have to ask them if they can play every week. Getting people to fill in is grand when you're stuck but having to do it from the very start is a not a good omen.

Was sorting my Coop this week (All done and dusted now) which is why I wasn't on here hounding for names! :pac:

IF you could get 2 then that still leaves us 1 short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

What sort of times are we talking about? I'd be interested but my timetable is a bit mixed. Monday after 2pm is the best slot I have in my timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

What sort of times are we talking about? I'd be interested but my timetable is a bit mixed. Monday after 2pm is the best slot I have in my timetable.

i beleave it will be at 6 oclock some evening

mayo_lad wrote: »
    i beleave it will want it to be at 6 oclock some evening

FYP :P

I'm free;

Monday: Before 12am, 2-4pm, 5pm onwards.
    Tuesday: Before 1pm, 3-4pm, 6pm onwards.
    Wednesday: 1-3pm, 4pm onwards.
    Thurday: 2pm onwards (Maybe earlier if needed).
    Friday: 11am-1pm, 3-4pm (Prefer to avoid playing Friday if possible).

Prefer to keep it inside off peak times so we keep the cost down for people (Personally don't mind paying on peak rates but can't speak for others). I'll confirm the off peak hours on Monday when I go to the gym.

Numbers not fully there yet but no harm looking at possible times at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

TheTownie wrote: »
    FYP :P

I'm free;

Monday: Before 12am, 2-4pm, 5pm onwards.
    Tuesday: Before 1pm, 3-4pm, 6pm onwards.
    Wednesday: 1-3pm, 4pm onwards.
    Thurday: 2pm onwards (Maybe earlier if needed).
    Friday: 11am-1pm, 3-4pm (Prefer to avoid playing Friday if possible).

Prefer to keep it inside off peak times so we keep the cost down for people (Personally don't mind paying on peak rates but can't speak for others). I'll confirm the off peak hours on Monday when I go to the gym.

Numbers not fully there yet but no harm looking at possible times at this stage.
    i'm free Wednesday all day but on other day's i have what is known as an engineers pain in the arse of a timetable :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wednesday after 4 would suit myself and the 1/2 lads I know who want to play as well. I will say it to them tomorrow about it being every week and that they would need to commit. The last lecture on a Wednesday for all of us is finished at four so hopefully there won't be a problem...

• Advertisement

Ok guys, checked today. Peak hours are 16:00 - 21:00 so basically if we play after 16:00 we are paying peak rates which are double i.e. €6 pp. (if the rates are the same as last year which I'm sure they are).

So people have to decide whether they are willing to pay that. If not then it has to be a time slot before 4pm.

EDIT: 1-2 or 2-3 on Wednesday seems to be ok for myself and Mayo_lad but not for Clancy! :( Again after 4pm on Wednesday would be fine for me but the extra money and timing for others needs to be confirmed.

I'm free on Wednesday between 2-4pm only... :(

Said it to one lad today about playing on Wednesday's at 5 , and that it would be 6 euro for the hour. He said he's def up for playing and that he knows two more who would be interested, he said he will say it to them tomorrow. So ill let ye know when I know more...

Said it to one lad today about playing on Wednesday's at 5 , and that it would be 6 euro for the hour. He said he's def up for playing and that he knows two more who would be interested, he said he will say it to them tomorrow. So ill let ye know when I know more...

Good stuff ! Right if we take Wednesdays @ 5pm for now as the time slot and see how many are available. Although straight away I know kpac is goosed! :(

Confirmed available Wednesdays @ 5pm

1. TheTownie
    2. mayo_lad
    3. clancy wiggum
    4. clancy wiggum + 1
    5. clancy wiggum + 2
    6. clancy wiggum + 3

Confirmed unavailable

1. kpac

Waiting for yay or nay from Eire-Dearg, Folers23, Mac an tSionnai, The Little Fella.

Of course I'm being optimistic that clancy can gather a few more but need to sort this sooner rather than later.

Would appreciate a reply ASAP from those who haven't yet posted their availability. The sooner you confirm your availability, the sooner I can tell others to jog on!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

definitely can play next wednesday

Pablo_ wrote: »
    definitely can play next wednesday

This will be every Wednesday (Hopefully from next Wednesday). Are you available every Wednesday @ 5pm or just next Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Good stuff ! Right if we take Wednesdays @ 5pm for now as the time slot and see how many are available. Although straight away I know kpac is goosed! :(

Confirmed available Wednesdays @ 5pm

1. TheTownie
    2. mayo_lad
    3. clancy wiggum
    4. clancy wiggum + 1
    5. clancy wiggum + 2
    6. clancy wiggum + 3

Confirmed unavailable

1. kpac

Waiting for yay or nay from Eire-Dearg, Folers23, Mac an tSionnai, The Little Fella.

Of course I'm being optimistic that clancy can gather a few more but need to sort this sooner rather than later.

Would appreciate a reply ASAP from those who haven't yet posted their availability. The sooner you confirm your availability, the sooner I can tell others to jog on!

Working this Wednesday and suffering from manflu so won't be available this week. hopefully i should be free next Wednesday.

Working this Wednesday and suffering from manflu so won't be available this week. hopefully i should be free next Wednesday.

It won't be happening tomorrow anyway unless I get confirmation from clancy wiggum +2, +3 and four others today which I think is unlikely.

Will you be working every Wednesday? in which case I will put you down as unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Put me down as Clancy's +1.

It won't be happening tomorrow anyway unless I get confirmation from clancy wiggum +2, +3 and four others today which I think is unlikely.

Will you be working every Wednesday? in which case I will put you down as unavailable.

Clancy's +2 would almost definitely be able to play tomorrow too.

• Advertisement

So far we have townie, mayo lad, myself, ciaran mt, clancy +1, clancy+2. So if we can get four more then we should be set, only three more needed if Pablo can play every Wednesday.
    There were a few others earlier in thread who said they would be interested: folers23, eire -dearg, mac an tSionnai how do ye feel about Wednesdays at 5?
    I might be able to get one more person if we are one short.....

Confirmed available Wednesday 21st @ 5pm - €6 P/P

1. TheTownie
    2. mayo_lad
    3. clancy wiggum
    4. clancy wiggum + 1
    5. clancy wiggum + 2
    6. CiaranMT
    7. Folers23

Confirmed unavailable

1. kpac
    2. Eire-Dearg

Waiting for yay or nay from Eire-Dearg (Unavailable), Folers23 (Available), Mac an tSionnai, TheLittle Fella (Unavailable Week 3).

List updated.

So pretty much have confirmation of clancy's crew although still four short.

Would love to go up to the arena tonight and book the slot (Simultaneously praying to jebus its free). I'm in college for the rest of the evening so can go up there any time until closing time (21:00).

Hoping the lad in bold logs on to let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Folers23

Wednesday evenings are perfect for me....

Folers23 wrote: »
    Wednesday evenings are perfect for me....

You've been added to the list. This might be going ahead tomorrow if we get the numbers so keep an eye out for updates!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

5pm of a Wednesday is a no-go for me, at least for the coming weeks anyway :(

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    5pm of a Wednesday is a no-go for me, at least for the coming weeks anyway :(

Duly noted. :(

Still three short, looking unlikely for today lads. No point me going to the arena to book it if we aint got the numbers.

Right this obviously won't be happening this week due to lack of numbers.

I will continue to try and get the 10 people until this time next week. If it fails again next week then I won't be pursuing this any further.

If it is successful next week then it should be no problem getting those people to turn up each week.

I'll keep an eye out for people who might be interested as well.

Right good news and bad news...

The bad news is we still don't have 10 people !! :mad:

The good news the suggested slot of Wednesdays @ 5pm is free at the moment.

And more good news is I overestimated the cost of peak times. Its only €4.50 P/P if we have 10 (€45 for the hour).

So even more reason to get this going! If we lose the slot to some other group I will not hesitate to blame you lot! :pac:

• Advertisement

Right good news and bad news...

The bad news is we still don't have 10 people !! :mad:

The good news the suggested slot of Wednesdays @ 5pm is free at the moment.

And more good news is I overestimated the cost of peak times. Its only €4.50 P/P if we have 10 (€45 for the hour).

So even more reason to get this going! If we lose the slot to some other group I will not hesitate to blame you lot! :pac:
    If it's the same price, then why not leave it til 7 so I can go! :D

Advertisement