Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

mayo_lad wrote: »
    hi lad's who's up for playing again this wensday

Played in Delta last Thursday night on request from a mate so that might be becoming a regular thing for me (Two of lads who played with us in UL were there too, small world! :pac:).

I'd have no problem playing in UL on Wednesday too but the numbers are shocking really. 8 people last week, about 4 of which were boardsies.

Myself, you, CiaranMT and Clancy Wiggum, think that was it. Getting six mates to fill in every week is asking a bit much.

Would love to keep it going but the lack of numbers is annoying.

Maybe I picked it up wrong and those lads want to play every week (If someone could confirm or deny that, seemed to me they were more interested in playing in Delta) but even at that we're 2 short.

Someone needs to convince me that we have the numbers! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I'm up for playing on Wednesday!

Sorry I didn't get back to you with a PM Townie, when I read it I was in a hurry and said I'd reply later. Anyways, I wasn't able to play the last few weeks but I'm up for Wednesday.

Niall09 wrote: »
    I'm up for playing on Wednesday!

Sorry I didn't get back to you with a PM Townie, when I read it I was in a hurry and said I'd reply later. Anyways, I wasn't able to play the last few weeks but I'm up for Wednesday.

That makes 5.

1. TheTownie
    2. mayo_lad
    3. Clancy Wiggum
    4. CiaranMT
    5. Niall09

2 of the lads who played last week are setting up 2 games a week in Delta so I know they won't be available for this.

We really need as many boardsies as possible to make this work. We're still only half way there.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

what time is it likely to be on tomorrow in UL?

what time is it likely to be on tomorrow in UL?

Considering the lack of numbers it might be better to play on the astro. That way there is no worry about bookings or money or numbers as there are usually people to fill in or a game to jump in to.

Just make sure someone brings a ball and yer sorted.

I think 5pm was the best time for people. People can post to confirm that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

TheTownie wrote: »
    Considering the lack of numbers it might be better to play on the astro. That way there is no worry about bookings or money or numbers as there are usually people to fill in or a game to jump in to.

Just make sure someone brings a ball and yer sorted.

I think 5pm was the best time for people. People can post to confirm that.

suits me i might have a + 1 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Guys this is totally off topic but theres a few of us meeting for a beers night on Thursday about 8 in Scholars if any of ye are interested!

That makes 5.

1. TheTownie
    2. mayo_lad
    3. Clancy Wiggum
    4. CiaranMT
    5. Niall09

is everyone still up for playing today

is everyone still up for playing today

Weather is shíte unfortunately so I'm going to give it a miss :(

Ok people, I'm posting this again as I like to keep up the tradition of at least trying to set up a weekly game of football. This isn't always successful but if you don't try then you never know!

So read the following...

OK here we are again, start of a semester and I'm looking for 9 committed people who want to play indoor football once a week @ €3 per person (Off peak pricing aka during the daytime. Nighttime would cost more, €6 pp afaik).

First I want people to post a message if they want to play and who trusts themselves to be able to plan ahead and set aside an hour every week (I know how difficult that sounds but believe me its achievable ).

If we get enough replies to make up the numbers, then we can start discussing the most appropriate time.

And finally if all 10 of us can agree a day and time, I will go book a court in the arena (Hopefully the time we want will be free).

The sooner we sort this, the more chance we have of getting our most suitable time so the ball is in your court people (No pun intended ).
    The indoor aspect is not negotiable from my POV as going outdoor just opens up a load of problems that I would rather avoid. Its hard enough just getting people to turn up for an hour nevermind debating whether the weather is suitable.

N.B. This is open to anyone who likes to play whether you're a world beater or a novice. I see it mainly as a way to improve my fitness which is probably at an embarrassing level ATM.

Any questions just ask. I'll give until the end of week 2 for this to be arranged, if this doesn't take off then so be it. I won't be sheding any tears over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Definitely interested, will get back to you about times when the timetables are released for this semester. If you're a member of the arena do you still have to pay to get in? just asking...

Slugs wrote: »
    Definitely interested, will get back to you about times when the timetables are released for this semester. If you're a member of the arena do you still have to pay to get in? just asking...

Yes. Your gym/pool membership doesn't cover the courts.

That mayo_lad post looks familiar! ;):P

Anyway I'm on Coop so I'm not available for the first time in my UL adventure.

Good luck with the attempt all the same!

That mayo_lad post looks familiar! ;):P

a but it was so well worded the last time like :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I'm free on Wednesdays this semester anyway, so count me in if yer holding it around the same time as last semester!

Decryptor wrote: »
    I'm free on Wednesdays this semester anyway, so count me in if yer holding it around the same time as last semester!

Wednesday is good for me to I'll have to check in the arena for times but maybe around 5 to 6 or 4 to 5

Right lad's i've just got an email back there about a time ,

it's free from 3 till 5 on wensday at a price of 30 euro so if we can get 10 people it'll only cost 3 euro each

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Hello all.
    I'm in if it's going ahead, 3-5 suits me perfectly.

Right lad's i've just got an email back there about a time ,

it's free from 3 till 5 on wensday at a price of 30 euro so if we can get 10 people it'll only cost 3 euro each

Is this not going ahead so?

Is this not going ahead so?

it will go a head if we have numbers currently there are just 3 people willing to play i'll have a chat with a few of my mates and i'll see if i can get 10 people who can play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Hey guys, Im newish to boards and dont use it much, but I know what soccer is, Id participate if you'd welcome someone you dont know!! (ps i have 3e)

Mayo, are you a member of the soccer club?
    I'm sure if you posted in there, you'd get more interested people... I'm assuming today isn't going ahead since we don't have 10

Slugs wrote: »
    Mayo, are you a member of the soccer club?
    I'm sure if you posted in there, you'd get more interested people... I'm assuming today isn't going ahead since we don't have 10

ya it looks like its not going to go a head this week

i'm going to give it till next week to see if we can get 10 people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Ill play wednesday's.. have a friend who's up for a game every wednesday if we are stuck

Confirmed for next Wednesday
    1 yesno1234
    2 yesno1234 +1
    3 Slugs
    4 LimerickLad92
    5 mayo_lad
    6 johnny-fatality
    7 Decryptor
    If we could get 3 more it would be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Craximum

I'd be up for a bit of football any wednesday after 3 so this suits me grand, count me in!

Confirmed for next Wednesday
    1 yesno1234
    2 yesno1234 +1
    3 Slugs
    4 LimerickLad92
    5 mayo_lad
    6 johnny-fatality
    7 Decryptor
    8Craximum

if everyone listed is still up for playing i'll book it for this wensday at 4

Yeah, I'm in for Wednesday. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Craximum

Ye sounds good, is it for one hour or two? Also I have a friend who's up for it weekly too, so we have 9 now correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Unfortunately my +1 is away this Wednesday so it'll just be me.

Advertisement