Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi lads,

Newcomer to this site but an avid soccer fan. Only last week I organised a charity soccer event for the UL students studying German and it was great craic. I'd be up for a game some day and could probably drag a few along if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Yeah, I guess so. 4pm at the arena, I'll book it tomorrow if we've 8.

Are you able to bring along your +2?

YesButNo, LimerickLad, MayoLad, Morricone, Reiss and co - what's yer story?

Sorry again about the mixup today! On another note, that tournament in week 9 is what I'm aiming for. I think we could get a tasty enough team together and do some damage.

Anyway, who's up for regular slot tomorrow?

i'm in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Newcomer to this site but an avid soccer fan. Only last week I organised a charity soccer event for the UL students studying German and it was great craic. I'd be up for a game some day and could probably drag a few along if needed.

Welcome.

Our aim is to have 10 people, we have been lucky to get 8 so far for last few weeks. It's on tomorrow so check back in a little while and we'll see how many we need. I'd say the more the merrier but obviously max 10.

In so far-

Jfatal
    +1
    MayoLad
    Decrypt (+ any?)

Hoping to hear from YesNo,Reiss +Colm,Morricone.

Welcome.

Our aim is to have 10 people, we have been lucky to get 8 so far for last few weeks. It's on tomorrow so check back in a little while and we'll see how many we need. I'd say the more the merrier but obviously max 10.

In so far-

Jfatal
    +1
    MayoLad
    Decrypt (+ any?)
    Colemania

Hoping to hear from YesNo,Reiss +Colm,Morricone.

Seeing as its rag week, i don't know if i can get anyone else but other weeks i should be able to. I can't definitely rule myself in for this week but the next 2 weeks should be possible.

So how high is the quality in these games anyway? Anyone playing that plays with a club or anything? I'm only getting fit now (attempting to anyway) and haven't played with a club in a while. Do ye just play for the craic like?

Also, one last thing. How do you quickly view posts, like this one, that you've commented on? Still learning :p

Seeing as its rag week, i don't know if i can get anyone else but other weeks i should be able to. I can't definitely rule myself in for this week but the next 2 weeks should be possible.

That's cool, I'll take you off the list for this week if you don't think you can make it. What we ask for is that you let us know the evening before if you can go or not, and commit to it - we don't want to have uneven numbers/people saying they'll turn up and not doing it on the day!
    So how high is the quality in these games anyway? Anyone playing that plays with a club or anything? I'm only getting fit now (attempting to anyway) and haven't played with a club in a while. Do ye just play for the craic like?

We are all semi-professional Limerick FC players. We study part time and play football for a living. This session is actually a weekly scouting session, sponsored by an amalgamation of English Premier League clubs who want to develop talent in this region. They cover basic costs such as hall rental, pumping up the ball, internet subscription charges to organise it etc........

Nah- we just do it for the crack. It's a fairly basic level, kicking a ball around for an hour to let off some steam. Last week was nice and competitive, but it's all in good fun and open to any level.

Also, one last thing. How do you quickly view posts, like this one, that you've commented on? Still learning :p

I'm actually not sure to be honest. I know you can click 'subscribe to this thread' but I just come on and look for threads I've posted in (indicated by an arrow on the thread icon). Maybe someone else can help you out!

• Advertisement

Ya don't worry. If i say i'm definitely going, i won't pull out. Just mad for a regular game really.

Aw here's me thinking liverpool were gonna give me a go at replacing andy carroll......... Ha good to know its just for the craic although there has to be some sort of competitiveness alright :p

I figured out the thing for following threads but thanks anyway.

Ya don't worry. If i say i'm definitely going, i won't pull out. Just mad for a regular game really.

Cool, sure let us know before tonight if you're in anyway. It's on at 4pm in the indoor court in the arena, we meet up at 3.50 in the lobby and it's usually ~4 euro each for the hour.

I used to play in the astro turf there most weekends and when i passed it last wednesday at 4, there was no1 in there. its not really used anymore cos of the new astro turf by the health science building and we used to just walk in and have a game. free of charge. sure it doesn't get dark til about 6 anyway and the weather's decent so could be worth a go.

I used to play in the astro turf there most weekends and when i passed it last wednesday at 4, there was no1 in there. its not really used anymore cos of the new astro turf by the health science building and we used to just walk in and have a game. free of charge. sure it doesn't get dark til about 6 anyway and the weather's decent so could be worth a go.

I'm game for whatever people are up for. Weather is meant to be good tomorrow according to the inner net.

Whatever people want, I'm good either way. The one good thing about indoors is that if it's shi*ty weather outside it's not the most appealing to play in the rain (not that that would stop me - just a consideration) Also you are guaranteed a space as it's booked. There could be other folk on the astro. (Although that could mean a bigger game!)

I'm game for whatever people are up for. Weather is meant to be good tomorrow according to the inner net.

Whatever people want, I'm good either way. The one good thing about indoors is that if it's shi*ty weather outside it's not the most appealing to play in the rain (not that that would stop me - just a consideration) Also you are guaranteed a space as it's booked. There could be other folk on the astro. (Although that could mean a bigger game!)

What would happen if we went to the astro, no-one was on it so we went there to play, but we also had the indoor booked? Could it be easily cancelled?

• Advertisement

What would happen if we went to the astro, no-one was on it so we went there to play, but we also had the indoor booked? Could it be easily cancelled?

The arena don't charge in advance, take a deposit or anything. However, it's pretty bad form to book and not turn up (if we used astro) and would probably undermine any attempts to book it in future.

It's pretty much a choice between being able to depend on the indoor session by paying for it, or chancing the astro which is open to weather/other people using it and not paying.

I'm good either way, it's literally up to everyone else. Obviously people would prefer to not pay, but for the sake of knowing that the session goes ahead (court won't be being used by other people, weather isn't an issue) sometimes indoors is better.

And to sound like a broken record.. whatever people want to do, I'm cool with. I'll play in rain/wind and if other people are on astro there's a chance we could have a big game, which is what I always prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Me and the two lads I went with last week are in anyway. Could even get one more if needed. I'd prefer the indoor anyway, it's a better run around and it's alot more certain. AstroTurf is very hit and miss with times and who's going to be using it.. Nevermind the weather!

Sure if we can't get an indoor court some day, we can try the astro then. I won't be able to go tomorrow anyway but i'll probably go next week if ye are going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Decrypt (+ any?)
    Nope, just myself this week I'm afraid.

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    Me and the two lads I went with last week are in anyway. Could even get one more if needed. I'd prefer the indoor anyway, it's a better run around and it's alot more certain. AstroTurf is very hit and miss with times and who's going to be using it.. Nevermind the weather!

No bother Colemania, check back here when we're organising it for next week.

Cool, nice one Reiss.

So our list so far:

JFatality
    +1
    Reiss
    +2
    Decryptor
    Mayo Lad

We're in need of one more player - I've heard nothing back from Morricone, Danny or LimerickLad so Reiss between someone getting onto us and your friend we should be able to make the 8th person.

I'll book it tomorrow morning, for 4pm all going well. I hope indoors is cool with everyone tomorrow.

Keep an eye on this, as I'm obviously quite prone to feckups!

We have 7 so far (assuming my +1's adventure to the lodge last night went without incident!)

I just pm'd Reiss to see if he can get 1 more, until then we're still open for business - anyone want in?

The court is booked. 4pm, arena, meet up at 3.50 in the lobby. 4 quids each.

Thanks!

Bump

Need one more! (texting around but no luck so far)

We have 8 now. See ye there at 3.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

**** lads, I'm sorry I won't be able to make it....So sorry it's such late notice.

Decryptor wrote: »
    **** lads, I'm sorry I won't be able to make it....So sorry it's such late notice.

Didn't see this til now, yeah it's no bother.

From now on I'm going to get a name and number off everyone who wants to play so I can call/text around to make sure beforehand as people aren't on this all the time.

Thanks for the game anyway folks, I'm right knackered after it. Same time next week.

• Advertisement

Didn't see this til now, yeah it's no bother.

From now on I'm going to get a name and number off everyone who wants to play so I can call/text around to make sure beforehand as people aren't on this all the time.

Thanks for the game anyway folks, I'm right knackered after it. Same time next week.

How many people played tonight? Ya sure i'll send u on my number if u want it. I have to check what time my exam is next wednesday but you should be able to count me in next week and possibly +1.

How many people played tonight? Ya sure i'll send u on my number if u want it. I have to check what time my exam is next wednesday but you should be able to count me in next week and possibly +1.

we had 7, twas a bit tough. Hopefully 8 or 10 next week with rag week being over.

Yeah, if you want to sign up for next week PM me your name/number and I'll contact you coming up to it, cheers

Hi again everyone.

Who's in for this week? We had 7 last week with a last minute dropout, so as I've said from now on if someone wants to play they've to PM me their name and number so we don't end up with odd amount.

I've a good feeling about this week.. I think we can get 10!

In so far:

JFatal
    +1
    Craximum
    Colemania

Hi again everyone.

Who's in for this week? We had 7 last week with a last minute dropout, so as I've said from now on if someone wants to play they've to PM me their name and number so we don't end up with odd amount.

I've a good feeling about this week.. I think we can get 10!

In so far:

JFatal
    +1
    Craximum
    Colemania

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Nice one :) I'm in anyway as usual and I should have my +2 , if we're short numbers I could get a 3rd. He's pretty lazy though! :p I'll pm my number now anyway to save checking this all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

I'm in Johnny. Couldn't make it last week with the festivities and all!!

Morricone wrote: »
    I'm in Johnny. Couldn't make it last week with the festivities and all!!

No problem at all.

If you're able to would you mind PMing your number? As I said it's a lot easier to communicate with people if I have numbers.

Thanks
    R.

In so far:

jFatal
    +1
    Craximum
    Morricone
    Reiss
    +1
    +1
    Colemania (+ maybe more TBC)
    Mayo Lad

9 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

In so far:

jFatal
    +1
    Craximum
    Morricone
    Reiss
    +1
    +1
    Colemania (+ maybe more TBC)

8 so far. sweet.

you can add me to that list

• Advertisement

mayo_lad wrote: »
    you can add me to that list

Will do..

We're at 9 - a new record. Let's get one more, yupper!

Advertisement