Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

10 people for Wednesday and almost everyone has pm'd their number. This should be a good one.

In:

JFatal
    Reiss
    +2
    Craximum
    Morricone
    YesNo
    Colemania
    MayoLad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mayo_lad wrote: »
    you can add me to that list
    And me...or have ye 10 already? If ye have, I can be a sub if someone needs to drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

10 people for Wednesday and almost everyone has pm'd their number. This should be a good one.

In:

JFatal
    Reiss
    +2
    Craximum
    Morricone
    YesNo
    Colemania
    MayoLad

I have a very possible +1 if needs be. If we have 12 we could have 6 a side or we could just do 5 a side with 1 sub per team.

Decryptor wrote: »
    And me...or have ye 10 already? If ye have, I can be a sub if someone needs to drop out.

As I posted above, we have our 10 people for this week's session.

The best I can do is that if anyone drops out, I'll give you a call/text (as I said, only people who PM me their name+number for logistical purposes can sign up now) This goes for your +1 as well this week Colemania, sorry about that as it's great to have so much interest.
    Colemania wrote: »
    I have a very possible +1 if needs be. If we have 12 we could have 6 a side or we could just do 5 a side with 1 sub per team.

I think we'll stick to 10 people - I know that no matter how knackered I get, I don't want to be paying for an hour and be spending some of it not playing (as always, I'm open to correction from other players). 10 players is the maximum for the size of court. However, if there's the same level of interest then who knows, we might move outside and book the astro some day as better weather approaches.

As always, if anyone who plays regularly wants to change stuff up, let me know - ye're the lads who come every week so ye get the say.

The list of 10 people is above. If anyone wants to drop out or anything, let me know well in advance of Wednesday (latest Tuesday afternoon preferably)

Thanks folks!

As I posted above, we have our 10 people for this week's session.

The best I can do is that if anyone drops out, I'll give you a call/text (as I said, only people who PM me their name+number for logistical purposes can sign up now) This goes for your +1 as well this week Colemania, sorry about that as it's great to have so much interest.

I think we'll stick to 10 people - I know that no matter how knackered I get, I don't want to be paying for an hour and be spending some of it not playing (as always, I'm open to correction from other players). 10 players is the maximum for the size of court. However, if there's the same level of interest then who knows, we might move outside and book the astro some day as better weather approaches.

As always, if anyone who plays regularly wants to change stuff up, let me know - ye're the lads who come every week so ye get the say.

The list of 10 people is above. If anyone wants to drop out or anything, let me know well in advance of Wednesday (latest Tuesday afternoon preferably)

Thanks folks!

well we've played wit 6 a side before and i was still knackered! ha. it'd be cheaper all around too but sure its up to ye anyway. how much is it for the court altogether anyway? 30? i know its cheaper before 6 so thats why i ask

Yo. Yeah, it's 30 squids. The 4 on 4 game that we've been doing most weeks gives us a good run a round but 5 on 5 will be perfect I think. We'll stick with that this week and see how it goes - quality v price - I'd prefer a better run a round for the 50 cent extra personally. As it is I leave every week nice and knackered which is exactly what the session is for - blowing off steam.

As stated already - we'll see what everyone thinks, and I'm always open to discussing any aspect of it.

Yo. Yeah, it's 30 squids. The 4 on 4 game that we've been doing most weeks gives us a good run a round but 5 on 5 will be perfect I think. We'll stick with that this week and see how it goes - quality v price - I'd prefer a better run a round for the 50 cent extra personally. As it is I leave every week nice and knackered which is exactly what the session is for - blowing off steam.

As stated already - we'll see what everyone thinks, and I'm always open to discussing any aspect of it.

ok i'm just after finding out that i have a mock exam from 3-4 on wednesday. i'll still b there, just possibly a few minutes late. its in the languages building so the total opposite side of ul really!

No problem if you're a few mins late, but if it's going to be 15 or 20, maybe it wouldn't be worth the hassle? I've no issue with it anyway, obviously it's better to have the full complement from the get go but if you want to make it over then fire away. Thanks for the update.

oh god no, it'll b 5 minutes late at most! i'll try finish early and who knows, i could actually be there first. ha.

Just to confirm - court is booked for 4. See ye all there at 3.50 (no hassle for people who said they're going to be late obviously)

---Players---

JFatal
    Reiss
    +2
    Craximum
    Morricone
    YesNo
    Colemania
    MayoLad

Just to confirm - court is booked for 4. See ye all there at 3.50 (no hassle for people who said they're going to be late obviously)

---Players---

JFatal
    Reiss
    +2
    Craximum
    Morricone
    YesNo
    Colemania
    MayoLad

which court will ye be in do you know or how will i find ye if i'm late? i'll be wearing a bright yellow sweden jersey anyway so if you see me, just shout at me! ha

Just go to the desk and say you're playing soccer, she knows the crack from people being late other weeks. Then just head into the indoor courts, we'll be on the ones at the far end.

ok grand job. just got word that my exam will definitely be on from 2-3 so i'll definitely be there today. i'm afraid other weeks i may be late if its on at the same time because my lecturer isn't too happy about leaving me go early from class every week. ha. i'm finished early on monday and thursdays anyway if ye were ever organising it for one of those days.

anyway, see you there at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

5 vs 5 .. Looking forward to this ;)

Good session again lads, thanks to everyone for showing up!

I've made a big commitment, and signed us up to a regular slot every Wednesday, so hopefully the demand will keep up.

I'll be back on at the weekend to see who is up for next week.

Thanks again!

Hello all,

Who's in for this week?

Hello all,

Who's in for this week?

Me! Possibly........ I can't get off early again this week so i'll have to run from the languages building around 3:50 so i might be a few minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Hello all,

Who's in for this week?

not me i've got tonnes of work to do this week

Hello all,

Who's in for this week?

I'm in, should have the other 2 as well

In so far:

JFatal
    Reiss
    +2
    Colemania

Anyone else? Court is booked so a couple more would be tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'll be there.

Seeing as numbers aren't looking great I've asked another lad if he wants in if that's ok?

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    Seeing as numbers aren't looking great I've asked another lad if he wants in if that's ok?

That's great, thanks

Right, some more people expressed interest - here's the story so far:

JFatal
    +1 (probably +another 1)
    Reiss
    +2 (probably + another 1)
    Colemania (probably + another 1)
    YesNo

That's 7 confirmed at the very least, and I'm pretty confident we will get all those +1's, at least 1 anyway to make the 8. Let me know when ye know anyway (preferably this evening) !

Also

I got an email about registering a team for some sort of tournament in week 9(next week) - I'll keep everyone updated. Right now they're looking for a squad of 12. I think we should be able to stretch to that with any luck, find a few friends with Irish grandads :cool:

Just to re iterate for anyone reading this who hasn't come along before - we're always open to new players.

Ok lads, here's the latest schoop:

It's the Mcarthy Cup which we'll be taking part in. It started this week but they are still looking for teams. We need a squad of 12 people.

I'm going to text everyone who's numbers I got, and rustle up some more besides.

I for one would love the chance to play a proper (well, 9 on 9) game; show off our sexy brand of football.

I'll be talking to ye at the game tomorrow, but the deadline's Friday so we should get a team together.

Get back to me if you want, but I'll be talking to ye tomorrow as I said.

Edit - it's knockout format.

Thanks!

Ok lads, here's the latest schoop:

It's the Mcarthy Cup which we'll be taking part in. It started this week but they are still looking for teams. We need a squad of 12 people.

I'm going to text everyone who's numbers I got, and rustle up some more besides.

I for one would love the chance to play a proper (well, 9 on 9) game; show off our sexy brand of football.

I'll be talking to ye at the game tomorrow, but the deadline's Friday so we should get a team together.

Get back to me if you want, but I'll be talking to ye tomorrow as I said.

Edit - it's knockout format.

Thanks!

Don't think i'm fit enough for it but i'd take part if needed. Does it have to be UL students? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'll more than likely be able get a +1 for that tournament if the nights suit.

Don't think i'm fit enough for it but i'd take part if needed. Does it have to be UL students? :P

Don't mind your fitness, we'll make it work.

I think it does have to be UL students yeah, but I'll ask him if we can have 1 or 2 non UL (I highly doubt it to be honest, insurance and all that. maybe there's waivers. I'll ask)

I could easy get myself and 3 others for a tournament anyway. We need a solid keeper though imo

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    I could easy get myself and 3 others for a tournament anyway. We need a solid keeper though imo

Ok. I guess we should see what numbers we can get (this issue about ul students only might exclude a couple) and then focus on who goes where?

Anyone else? Morricone, LimerickLad, MayoLad, Decryptor, Craximum?