Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

You sure? I just got a text and we were in that fixture list anyway? and again for thursday at 6:15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    You sure? I just got a text and we were in that fixture list anyway? and again for thursday at 6:15

I just copied and pasted that from the facebook group.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Yeah I posted the exact same time you posted that message :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

So i take it we're not playing indoor at 4 tomorrow then? Its on down in the new astro turf down by the health science ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Hey everyone. I got the text about an hour ago but not on net til now.

Our usual game is cancelled tomorrow.

Friends Utd are on tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6.15 at the astro turf.
    Then on the next day, (Thursday) at 6.15 again.

Who is able to make these times?

I presume everyone who was up for tomorrow's regular slot is available for it, and maybe YesNo?

I can play tomorrow but not Thursday (have a presentation).
    My +1 is in both days.

Let's 'av it!!

• Advertisement

Hey everyone. I got the text about an hour ago but not on net til now.

Our usual game is cancelled tomorrow.

Friends Utd are on tomorrow (Wednesday) at 6.15 at the astro turf.
    Then on the next day, (Thursday) at 6.15 again.

Who is able to make these times?

I presume everyone who was up for tomorrow's regular slot is available for it, and maybe YesNo?

I can play tomorrow but not Thursday (have a presentation).
    My +1 is in both days.

Let's 'av it!!

You have a presentation after 6? Lousy.....ha. Ya i'm in both days. I was gonna ask alright how we were fixed for a team. Do we definitely have a team for both days and subs?

Ye I'll be there and my +1, my meeting is 5-6 so I'll bring my gear and head down after that.

Anyone have spare shinguards, I have a pair but I'm gonna presume someone won't or someone will forget so if someone has a spare set it'll prob be best to bring them just in case.

Also I robbed a mates old goalie gloves for the week so we have a pair for tomorrow anyways.

Colemania wrote: »
    You have a presentation after 6? Lousy.....ha. Ya i'm in both days. I was gonna ask alright how we were fixed for a team. Do we definitely have a team for both days and subs?

I think we should be good for tomorrow at least, and then we'll worry about Thursday.
    yesno1234 wrote: »
    Ye I'll be there and my +1, my meeting is 5-6 so I'll bring my gear and head down after that.

Anyone have spare shinguards, I have a pair but I'm gonna presume someone won't or someone will forget so if someone has a spare set it'll prob be best to bring them just in case.

Also I robbed a mates old goalie gloves for the week so we have a pair for tomorrow anyways.

Good stuff.

I've spare shinguards and goalie gloves too. We'll sort that when we get there.

See ye all there at 6 if possible. It's only half an hour so we don't want to be late really.

Team for tomorrow:

JFatal
    +1
    YesNo
    +1
    Reiss
    +3
    Colemania
    MayoLad

A formidable squad !

9 anyways most importantly, who's the other two that ya'v to hear from yet?

• Advertisement

Team for tomorrow:

JFatal
    +1
    YesNo
    +1
    Reiss
    +3
    Colemania
    MayoLad(maybe)

A formidable squad !

Just about have a definite 9. Ha. Thought there was other lads in the squad?

9 anyways most importantly, who's the other two that ya'v to hear from yet?

Morricone said he's not able to play either days.

I sent MayoLad a PM as he sent me an incomplete mobile number a couple of weeks ago when I was collecting them.

Decryptor said that he is only available on Wednesdays.

So with any luck we should have 10 if MayoLad gets back to me in time.

Hopefully we'll get people for Thursday too, or else my presentation might be slightly compromised !

Just about have a definite 9. Ha. Thought there was other lads in the squad?

Yeah, there's a few floating about but the main bunch are the 10 of us give or take 1 or 2.

If we were to bring someone that wasn't on the list just to have an extra sub I presume they're not going to be checking id's to make sure it's all the original squad?

If we were to bring someone that wasn't on the list just to have an extra sub I presume they're not going to be checking id's to make sure it's all the original squad?

Well firstly they said they will be checking ID's.

Secondly, I'm sure if this 'someone' is a UL student that we can just add them to the list today without too much trouble. If they aren't a UL student, I saw that they can become 'external members' of the club and play that way.

Thirdly, soccer club people or their friends might see this, as it's a public forum. Always good to keep in mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Sorry lads, I can't make either day. Anything after 6 I can't make...

Decryptor wrote: »
    Sorry lads, I can't make either day. Anything after 6 I can't make...

Cool, the third (and last guaranteed game) is probably on next week and might be at the 5.15 - 5.45 slot. Keep an eye here anyway.

Thanks
    R.

Well firstly they said they will be checking ID's.

Secondly, I'm sure if this 'someone' is a UL student that we can just add them to the list today without too much trouble. If they aren't a UL student, I saw that they can become 'external members' of the club and play that way.

Thirdly, soccer club people or their friends might see this, as it's a public forum. Always good to keep in mind!

Ye never thought of that.

Just going out the door this morning when i remembered the shinguards! You're not allowed where studs or blades on this pitch so why you'd need shinguards i dunno! I'm sure someone from some team will forget them anyway. Are we in demba ba's group? I see they won 10 nil. Ha there's no beating demba ba...... :P

Just going out the door this morning when i remembered the shinguards! You're not allowed where studs or blades on this pitch so why you'd need shinguards i dunno! I'm sure someone from some team will forget them anyway. Are we in demba ba's group? I see they won 10 nil. Ha there's no beating demba ba...... :P

Wear a white jersey if you have one , they'll have bibs anyway so no problem either way.

Not sure what group we're in, just our fixtures for today and tomorrow, neither of which are against Demba Ba. 10-0 is some amount of goals for a 30 minute game!

Edit - you can wear blades as far as I know, but bring runners/astro's just in case.

• Advertisement

Wear a white jersey if you have one , they'll have bibs anyway so no problem either way.

Not sure what group we're in, just our fixtures for today and tomorrow, neither of which are against Demba Ba. 10-0 is some amount of goals for a 30 minute game!

Edit - you can wear blades as far as I know, but bring runners/astro's just in case.

Ah ok. I brought a red jersey and a yellow on cos i didn't know what colour we were going wearing. I have astro shoes as well, didn't bring boots.

Ya 10 goals is a lot but i was in a 6 side before and i've seen more goals scored so its possible. There was too matches that said 0-0 but i'd say they just didn't go ahead or something cos there's no way both matches could have no goals!

Ah ok. I brought a red jersey and a yellow on cos i didn't know what colour we were going wearing. I have astro shoes as well, didn't bring boots.

Ya 10 goals is a lot but i was in a 6 side before and i've seen more goals scored so its possible. There was too matches that said 0-0 but i'd say they just didn't go ahead or something cos there's no way both matches could have no goals!

That is a big assumption to make, considering it says 0-0 and not P-P or called off, but I suppose it could be a possibility.

Yellow jersey is the finest.

Definately allowed use blades on the pitch lads.

Definately allowed use blades on the pitch lads.

Sorry, my bad! Ha. I was there a month after it opened and we were told no blades and there was a sign too. Maybe they tested it out with blades since and felt it could handle it.

Sorry, my bad! Ha. I was there a month after it opened and we were told no blades and there was a sign too. Maybe they tested it out with blades since and felt it could handle it.

Well I was just going by it's a fifa standard pitch and you're allowed use blades on any pitch meeting that standard. Maybe they're just mad strict so ya might be right:confused:

Ill be there at 5 to 6, if everyone else could be there by 6 would be much appreciated!

Wear white/light jersey if possible.

wear shinguards.

5er each.

Bring student cards.

Thanks, hon Friends Utd!

for any lurkers out there, Friends Utd lost 1-0 in their first game of the Mcarthy cup. A tight affair, with Will's Mum FC going ahead early on after a defensive lapse by FUN, and ourselves weren't able to convert the many half chances to goals.

Same time tomorrow everyone who was there today - I won't be able to make it as I said, so if anyone can find another +1 that would be great.

Thanks for the game, best of luck tomorrow.

I thought we were told we had a match tomorrow no? According to the facebook page, we're not playing tomorrow anyway.

I thought we were told we had a match tomorrow no? According to the facebook page, we're not playing tomorrow anyway.

I'm not sure what they said the other day, as I wasn't there obviously, but yeah got a text this morning and the facebook page. Both didn't mention us playing so I guess we're not on tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Just saw on the facebook page there, we're playing this Wednesday at 5:45pm. Hopefully no-one has classes til 6!

Advertisement