Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭johnny-fatality

Colemania wrote: »
    Just saw on the facebook page there, we're playing this Wednesday at 5:45pm. Hopefully no-one has classes til 6!

I'm good for it anyway biys, and my +1 is too.

Anyone else?

Wednesday at 17.45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

The team we played last week lost to the team we're playing tomorrow last night, 3-1. Must be handy enough so!

We'll be grand don't worry!

Looks like we have our 9 at least anyway for tomorrow.

Everyone to show up at 5.30 if possible so we can get our shíte together!

Today in the McCarthy cup, An improved performance from Friends Utd was not enough to prevent Champagne fever running out 1-0 winners.

Encouraging play from FUN with a central midfield diamond and wingers going up the line and back led to a solid showing from the fan's favourites.

However, Champagne Fever's attacking pressure paid off with 10 minutes to go, as they slid a cool finish into the bottom corner.

FUN came close with a few shots on goal, but some excellent keeping kept them at bay.

With one group game remaining, FUN's cup aspirations are in tatters, relying on an an unlikely scenario of both UEFA / FAI intervention to put either Champagne Fever or bitter rivals, Will's Mum FC into administration for failing to cover their expenses through revenues, and simultaneously the ability for FUN to score a goal.

Both elements of that scenario are as likely to happen as the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Reports coming in about a match fixing scandal involving Friends Utd. An insider has said team captain johnny-fatality is at the centre of the scandal that is set to put the future of the prestigious McCarthy Cup in severe doubt. Teammates of JF are said to be disappointed that they didn't get a share, but not surprised of the allegations:p

Edit: Results, tables etc http://ulsoccerclub.webs.com/mccarthycup.htm

• Advertisement

Just saw on fbook page that 3rd in each group goes into the plate....
    Means that the FUN vs Whatever.. game will have a lot riding on it.

I might even switch my match fixing arrangements. fiver each and I can make it happen

Sorry to disrupt your holidays lads. Just saw the fixtures up for next week. We're playing at 5.45pm on Wednesday. Don't know as of yet if i can make it because I've 2 big German exams Wednesday and Thursday but I'll see how the week pans out.

Sorry to disrupt your holidays lads. Just saw the fixtures up for next week. We're playing at 5.45pm on Wednesday. Don't know as of yet if i can make it because I've 2 big German exams Wednesday and Thursday but I'll see how the week pans out.

Just saw it there too. No worries if you've exams. I guess education can take precedence over friendship this time round..

Let's see if we can get our 9 (at least) so.

Can Decryptor & Morricone play (you said you can Wednesdays I think?)

I should be grand, and +1 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Just saw it there too. No worries if you've exams. I guess education can take precedence over friendship this time round..

Let's see if we can get our 9 (at least) so.

I should be grand, and +1 too.

Yeah Wednesday I'll be there guys.

+1 and me should be alright for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yo, out of luck again! Co-op meeting at 5 on Wednesday unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

ya i should be there

Just confirming that I can't make it for the game tomorrow unfortunately. Would have loved to play because judging by results, this team seem very beatable. If we win and get through to the Shield (Europa League), I should be able to play anyway.

Best of luck tomorrow

Just confirming that I can't make it for the game tomorrow unfortunately. Would have loved to play because judging by results, this team seem very beatable. If we win and get through to the Shield (Europa League), I should be able to play anyway.

Best of luck tomorrow

Not a bother.

In so far:

JFatal
    +1
    Morricone
    MayoLad
    YesNo
    +1

I haven't heard from Reiss and co, I'll give them a text now.

We have 10.

JFatal
    +1
    Reiss
    +3
    YesNo
    +1
    Morricone
    MayoLad

Let's go Friends Utd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

We have 10.

JFatal
    +1
    Reiss
    +3
    YesNo
    +1
    Morricone
    MayoLad

Let's go Friends Utd!

Hi Ray, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull out of the game tomorrow. Something has come up at home and I'm not gonna be around tomorrow evening. Sorry dude.

Morricone wrote: »
    Hi Ray, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull out of the game tomorrow. Something has come up at home and I'm not gonna be around tomorrow evening. Sorry dude.

No worries Kev.

We have 9 anyway, so should be grand.

Hope everything's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

really enjoyed that match today lads, pity we conceded a couple of sloppy goals at the end, i think it cost us 2nd place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

yeah the lad playing right back against the boards team was bit of a heart throb :D

ha I'm going to presume ye're the other team so. Didn't notice how good the fella up front for ye was until I seen him playing the second match, great player.

• Advertisement

yeah that chap rarely misses a genuine chance, scored a great header in the first game.

yeah that chap rarely misses a genuine chance, scored a great header in the first game.

Scored a great header in the second match as well, for a tall lad he has great feet and touch.

i reckon he's better than nikolas bendtner

we won a peno shootout to go in to the champions league where the loser went into the uefa cup. unfortunately we met the 'best' team straight away and lost 2-1 after going ahead early on. They had a nifty striker and a very fit team but it was fairly competitive.

we won a peno shootout to go in to the champions league where the loser went into the uefa cup. unfortunately we met the 'best' team straight away and lost 2-1 after going ahead early on. They had a nifty striker and a very fit team but it was fairly competitive.

Who did ye play?

demba ba

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Anyone up for indoor tomorrow??

Rite i've to much free time on my hands and thought it might be a good idea to resarect this thread is any one up for a game of football next week at some point during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

Sorry for digging up a wicked old thread but is anyone interested in playing indoor tomorrow, 6-7?

• Advertisement

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up a wicked old thread but is anyone interested in playing indoor tomorrow, 6-7?

where is that going on reiss , i may be free to play

Advertisement