Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to use a website for a camera club- need help.

Options
  • 09-01-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm trying to set up a basic camera club at work- to start with just want a space where people can post photos, give C&C, add discussion topics (tips n, tricks, questions, intro yourself etc). I was thinking of creating a group in Facebook.It's nice and easy to create new discussion topics and add photos.
    Ho negative points:
    1. As far as I know you photos can't be categorized-all photos are in the same place. Ideally I'd like to create several 'folders/categories' (nature, portrait, favourites etc.). Is this possible within a group?
    2. Some work colleagues might't be a Facebook member.
    3. I like the thread posting style (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055432839&page=18) where you can scroll down teh page and view photos without having to click on each one. Otherwise I find that people just mainly view the thumbnails.

Does anyone have any ideas, tips, of help? Or can you suggest any websites that would fulfill all my requirements?
    I have thought of creating a website (have basic webdesign skills) but it could get tricky/complex- how to set up membership, usernames, allow people to create new topics etc.

Thanks a million,
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It might be easier to get people to use FlickR, set up a group, and then tag images as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I'm a member of Sligo Camera Club. We've used a simple Wordpress site for the club website for updates, meeting reminders etc. and set up a flickr page for member photographs (which has gone a bit quiet lately, actually!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Galway Camera Club just use Blogger for the main bits and have a Flickr groups to upload and link to where required.

Wordpress looks tidier imho.

Advertisement