Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD/Plasma TV Stands

• 09-01-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just thought I'd pass on info on a good deal and very impressive service. I have treated myself to a new LCD this week, but I didn't like either the style and especially not the prices of the glass stands that the local electrical retailers try to bundle in on the deal.

So I looked online and came across www.standland.co.uk

Huuuuge selection of stands at very reasonable prices (especially now with the exchange rate), and best of all, free Irish delivery! Though the sales guy I spoke to said they were in the process of changing this for some items.

I ordered on tuesday afternoon and it arrived at my door this morning. All I need do now is put it together.

Very impressive service.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

Cheers, I bought a 40inch LCD in the North last week. Will be checking this website in detail after work this evening. Looks good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Which one did you buy, curious about quality of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Never used these guys but a very impressive web site with huge selection & they deliver to Ireland

http://www.standanddeliver.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got an old metal school type table. I cut the legs off so I had 2 L shapes. My plasma had 4 mounting holes on the back with screw/bolts. I measured up and drilled holes in the L shapes. Now the L shapes attached to the plasma and were in line with the bottom. I think got a cheap €50 wooden corner unit in argos. I drilled holes in it, and in the L brackets again, and bolted direct to the wooden corner unit. The bottom edge of the TV sits on the wood so is supported by that, also I was able to place it so it is nice and close to the front.

You could probably just use wood instead of metal brackets. The trick is to have the table supporting it, the brackets are really just stopping it from toppling. Would also make it harder for potential thieves, you can not just lift it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

TheDriver wrote: »
    Which one did you buy, curious about quality of them?

This one: http://www.standland.co.uk/zin421458bk.htm

It's a really nice design, a bit more eyecatching than the usual square ones and very sturdy, with good cable tidy at back.

Richersounds has exactly the same one on their site for the same price. The local Sony Centre here would do it for me at a "special" €300 !!!!

I also had a look on standanddeliver, as mentioned by Macer above. They also have nice stuff, but this particular stand I got was the one I preferred.

• Advertisement

I put my stand together tonight, delighted with it! A bit fiddly to assemble, deffo a 2-man job but the result is worth it :) A quality item and a good deal me thinks.

i see their website has 10 quid delivery charge for roi now but still good value

TheDriver wrote: »
    i see their website has 10 quid delivery charge for roi now but still good value

I queried them on this because some stands (such as the one I bought) give you the £10 ROI option, but a few others don't give that option at all.
    So the sales guy told me that for now, all deliveries are free until such point they update the website completely - you just need to click on the "Quick Checkout" button.

They also have a pretty cool feature there on the site where you can live-chat or instant message one of their reps! I found this handier than phoning.

Honestly, I don't work for them, just a very pleased customer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any idea of the courier company that does the deliveries and do they give you a call to tell you a rough guide on the time they are going to arrive at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Macer123 wrote: »
    Never used these guys but a very impressive web site with huge selection & they deliver to Ireland

http://www.standanddeliver.com/

I bought this stand from them almost a year ago without incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

i have 2 http://www.standanddeliver.com/acatalog/AMBRI_ABR1100-W.html

its the perfect size for for an onkyo 606, cable box, apple tv, hd sat box, ps 3, nintendo wii, it will easy take a 46" lcd also. very strong and it removes all the clutter look that the glass ones seem to show imho

there love and recommend it over on avforms

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=site%3Aavforums.com+ABR1100&btnG=Search&meta=

i like all the electronics but i dont want to see all the wires

its 209 pounds plus delivery. it takes about 3 days to get here.

Any idea of the courier company that does the deliveries and do they give you a call to tell you a rough guide on the time they are going to arrive at?

It was Nightline (www.nightline.ie). I had a tracking number so I could see it had landed in the local depot yesterday morning. A half hour later the courier rang me looking for directions and I met him at the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

JoeA3 wrote: »
    This one: http://www.standland.co.uk/zin421458bk.htm

It's a really nice design, a bit more eyecatching than the usual square ones and very sturdy, with good cable tidy at back.

Richersounds has exactly the same one on their site for the same price. The local Sony Centre here would do it for me at a "special" €300 !!!!

I also had a look on standanddeliver, as mentioned by Macer above. They also have nice stuff, but this particular stand I got was the one I preferred.

I have the exact same 1, i got it in powercity in liffey valley about 2years ago for 200euro, although i think there was a discount on that cos I bought a plasma at the same time.

BTW:- its fairly awkward to put together, need a second person to hold the two top glass pieces in place while you do the screws, I nearly cracked mine trying to assemble it! Looks nice when together although it constantly needs dusting.

allybhoy wrote: »
    I

BTW:- its fairly awkward to put together, need a second person to hold the two top glass pieces in place while you do the screws, I nearly cracked mine trying to assemble it! Looks nice when together although it constantly needs dusting.

Agreed on both counts! And my TV is also a glossy black finish, I'll be forever dusting it :D

Well, I used this crowd and got a nice shelf, bit of a pain to put together but nice looking especially for the money!
    Only thing I have a big gripe with is that I put my home address down for billing and work for delivery (which is on record with VISA as acceptable address). Now, I get my tracking number and its coming to my home address so i go on the online chat and Noel said he would sort it with parcelforce. Well, never arrived to work but in fairness to the courier, he left it behind my wheelie bin (I know, maybe he shouldn't but thankful he did) but annoyed at standland that they couldn't follow a simple instruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭GiftGrub100

They really are good value, have been looking at this stand in Currys/PcWorld Mahonpoint Serano SB1050 to hold a 40'' LCD and it retails in Ireland at 199 Euro, they have it advertised at 79.99 plus delivery, thats a major saving. I think I will order from these people.
    Thanks for the advice.
    http://www.standland.co.uk/zin421540bki.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

@giftgrub

if you can get yourself up to sainsburys they are selling off similar stands for £30/40 quid depending on which one

seen exact same stands here in a few tv shops for 250 euros

Mine was an S&C Group Brand, they;re in the argos catalogue too

Advertisement