Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Medical required for learner permit?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭

I believed that in order to apply for a learner permit I need to complete the theory test and eyesight report yet according to citizensinformation.ie it claims I need a medical report also.

Is this the case?

Also how do I get an application form for a learners licence?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I believed that in order to apply for a learner permit I need to complete the theory test and eyesight report yet according to citizensinformation.ie it claims I need a medical report also.

Is this the case?

Also how do I get an application form for a learners licence?

Thanks.

Taken from citizensinformation.ie
    A medical report is compulsory for any category if you will be 70 years of age or more on the first day of the period for which the licence is being issued, suffer from any of the disabilities or diseases listed on the D.201 form, suffer from epilepsy or alcoholism or regularly take drugs or medication that would be likely to impair your ability to drive safely.

Also, with regards to the application form
    This form is available from your Motor Taxation Office but you can request Form D.201 by post through CitizensInformation.ie.

I was able to pick an application up at my local garda station.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Ah I had a feeling i just needed the theory test and eyesight report - both of which I have.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

This post has been deleted.
    ....or if the applicant suffers from the specific listed diseases or disabilities.

Advertisement