Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwed

• 09-01-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xavierhamilton

Hi there. Im currently studying engineering but unfortunately I dont think its the right course for me. I have little interest in the subjects and I am falling behind because of this. I would like to do something along the lines of economics. What should I do????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hi there. Im currently studying engineering but unfortunately I dont think its the right course for me. I have little interest in the subjects and I am falling behind because of this. I would like to do something along the lines of economics. What should I do????:mad:

look into transfering into an Economics course for next year. Plenty of people switch courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xavierhamilton

look into transfering into an Economics course for next year. Plenty of people switch courses.

What do I have to do to change course. Will I have to finish this course this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

What do I have to do to change course. Will I have to finish this course this year?
    I take it you're in first year??
    If so, get to the Senior Lecturer - FAST!!
    As, according to the College Calender today is:
    Final closing date for applications to the Senior Lecturer for Junior Freshman and non-Junior Freshman transfers into the Junior Freshman year of a different course
    http://www.tcd.ie/calendar/course-transfers/

Or you'd wait til next year to start in a new course.

Yes, go immediately to your tutor if you want to transfer into another course. If they aren't in go to the Senior Tutor's office which is located here. If you want to quit college now and start again in September/October then you should still contact your tutor. Don't just stop going to lectures, it'll be a pain when you're trying to sort out your 'free fees' if you return to college.

i just submitted for a transfer this week. i was doing computer science and i really did not like it. go to your tutor who will hook you up with some transfer papers. you can opt for an immediate transfer of wait till october. starting now in another course is extremely unlikely. your tutor should be able to clear everything p for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Myth wrote: »

Don't just stop going to lectures, it'll be a pain when you're trying to sort out your 'free fees' if you return to college.

If you regiester after Chirstmas you can't get free fees changing course. If you dont regeister after Christmas you can get half fees for doing first year in another coruse

yeah dont re register! if you start a new course in october youl only have to pay one terms fees rather then wasting your free fees on a course you couldnt be damned about for an entire year.

kearnsr wrote: »
    If you regiester after Chirstmas you can't get free fees changing course. If you dont regeister after Christmas you can get half fees for doing first year in another coruse

There (or there used to be, so open to correction) a few weeks of goodwill after the second registration.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Myth wrote: »
    There (or there used to be, so open to correction) a few weeks of goodwill after the second registration.

Its just some thing to be aware of. You're probably right.

Advertisement