Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Egan or Marcus Davis?

• 09-01-2009 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Who will get the loudest cheer at UFC 93 in Dublin?

Thomas 'The Tank' Egan who has been on the Irish circuits for a few years now and chalked up and 6-0 record.

Or Marcus Davis who's parents are from Waterford and who has publicly complimented Ireland and the Irish people many times?

On the one hand, Egan will probably be cheered more by any MMA fans who also practice MMA in Ireland because they have either met him, watched him fight or have certainly heard a fair bit about him.

On the other hand, Davis will be known by all MMA fans going into the arena that night but has never competed in the Republic of Ireland and is also a US citizen.

What's your opinion? Not who will you cheer for, who do you think will get a louder cheer from the 10,000 strong crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Chances are the bulk of the crowd won't arrive until 8pm for the main card, so Marcus has a head start on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I think tom will get a great roar but it has to be remembered that his fight will be on earlier before the crowd has got going, both should get a good applause and i think the cheers tom will get for an early fight will be impressive.

it should not be the case of comparing the 2 as there both different cases like all the other fighters who will get good applause also as its a novelty to the republic, im a big fan of both named but know Tom so will have a more personal feeling if he wins..

I just hope the irish fans show why we have such a good name by cheering our favourites and not booing there opponents, silence is golden they say!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

Yea, if we can give the UFC the roar that Irish fans do best while also not booing, then Dana can't help but put on another Dublin show right?

You'd have to think so anyway seeing they sold out in less than 2 weeks!

I'll be screaming my lungs out for both. They each have fairly tough challenges ahead of them though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The real question is who has first dibs on this song:

Begorrah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

UFC fans tend to be in their seats for the first undercard fight, so I am hoping Tom will get the ovation he deserves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

rovert wrote: »

Begorrah

lol, pretty sure marcus Davis will come out to Jump around again, which should get a great cheer.

Of course Tom Egan will get a huge ovation too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭celt2005

As they are not fighting each other , will cheer for both the same ...

Locomotion,

Your nothing to the "Tank Egan" ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

that song def wont be tanks entrance:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Begorrah

Forrest comes out with that song but Marcus Davis may come out with some thing different, Chris Lytle may come out with something from Dropkick Murphys to get the fans on his side.

To get the point Egan will be getting a much bigger cheer from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I'd imagine it'll be "We be burnin" or whatever the name of that song is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

celt2005 wrote: »
    As they are not fighting each other , will cheer for both the same ...

Locomotion,

Your nothing to the "Tank Egan" ??

I didn't say they were fighting each other and I didn't say who would you cheer for more. I said who do you think the crowd will give a bigger ovation to? Celt2005, you've really got read the questions fully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Locomotion wrote: »
    I didn't say they were fighting each other and I didn't say who would you cheer for more. I said who do you think the crowd will give a bigger ovation to? Celt2005, you've really got read the questions fully!
    lol

I just hope there is no booing at this event..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

I hope both get good support from the home crowd...I also hope there is no booing at any stage, these guys train HARD to get where they are. You see it lately that if there's a lull in the action the crowd start getting restless, that annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Begorrah

Davis should come out to this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Davis should come out to this:

Brilliant!!

Saw this song in an episode of the wire d otr day...love to see Davis commin out to it - the crowd would go mental..

Advertisement