Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your First Rock/Metal Album?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

I think the first album I ever received as my own without burning was PODs Satelite.

That was a good album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

malice_ wrote: »
    I should count myself fortunate that I didn't pick up something cringeworthy like New Kids on The Block

Funny you should say that, cause when I was 12, thats what I was listening to lol...but I was also into both Queen and Meat Loaf, and I didn't buy those albums, I mostly got them free from relatives as either presents or "taped"

I do remember buying Queen, the Flash Gordon soundtrack, and really enjoying the orchestral feel to their music. That was prob the first Queen album I bought myself, at a car boot sale, with my own money.

However, the first proper Metal CD i ever bought, was Guns N Roses Live Era 86-93 and a few weeks later I got Metallica's Garage Inc and S&M...which defined by musical preferences to date...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Murf93 wrote: »
    That is a good question. As far as I can remember, the first album I bought was Green Day's 'Dookie' from 1994, but I can't remember when I bought it. I think that is a good first album. :)

Same as myself, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Linkin Park's 'Hybrid Theory'. Bought it in Tesco's while shopping with my mam. Very metal. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

The first metal album I ever bought was Iron Maiden's Live After Death. After listening to it I went out and bought a Maiden album every week until I had them all. (At the time Somewhere in Time was the latest)

I kind went off them after No Prayer for the Dying and haven't bought (or heard) another Iron Maiden album since.

The most recent metal album I got was Death Magnetic, but my very first album was.........wait for it........

Thriller, by Michael Jackson!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Wow, you guys had some really great intros. Dance of Death, Deuce, And Justice, RATM....

If you count The Beatles - White Album as Rock, that was it. If you don't, the first was Möterhead - Ace of Spades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 T3h-Slayer

just like most rock addicts in the country i live, i started with hybrid theory, in 2002. but i still thinks that this, meteora and reanimation are the only good albums of linkin park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

It was either Oasis' "Don't Look Back in Anger" or Queens Greatest Hits, cant rightly remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

My Dad gave me Harvest-Neil Young when I was about 8 I reckon, It's still one of my favourite albums now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 brain erection

i think it was mother's milk, by the red hot chili peppers. the first one i really bought, not burned...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Exodus - Fabulous Disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

my first was LP's Hybrid Theory. Good album at the time. since then, I've moved on to better and heavier things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Deftones - S/T when it came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The first album I ever bought was either Divine Intervention by Slayer or Far Beyond Driven by Pantera.Cant remember which.
    First album I ever had (it was a copied tape) was I think Master of Puppets.Got that around 1990 at the tender age of 11 and never looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Got my first rock/metal albums at 13. Bought 3 in the one go. They were:

"1987" by Whitesnake
    "Thunder And Lightning" by Thin Lizzy
    "Slippery When Wet" by Bon Jovi

These 3 albums started my passion for rock/metal. As such, I hold them particularly close to my heart even to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Queen's Greatest Hits 2, MeatLoaf's Bat Out of Hell

and Bryan Adams "Waking Up The Neighbourhood"

My first GNR album was Live Era, my first Machine Head album was Hellalive and my first Metallica album was Garage Inc....weird but I never got the studio releases first

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Mine was a bootleg of Metalica's Master of Puppets. When it first appeared in the house I thought it was satanic. But it sounded so so good, i embraced my relationship with the point eared fiend before bellowing relief that it wasnt satanic at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭The BOFH

I bought Powerage by AC/DC when I was 9 in 80/81, Sin City is still my favourite song, the version of Sin City on the limited edition dual CD AC/DC Live from the Razor's Edge tour was recorded in Dublin where I saw them. That is quite awesome really.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I bought two tapes for my first "rock" purchase, way back in 1980: Status Quo " 12 Gold Bars":eek: and Kiss "Destroyer".:cool:

First "metal" purchase was "Ride the Lightning" on vinyl when it was released.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Greatest of the Chili Peppers.

my music taste has progressed since tho! :D

I still like the Chilis tho every once in a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I've never bought an album. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭katana1

First album was the first Thin lizzy "greatest Hits " on Lp -Man I'm gettin old- lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Chaosangel

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and The Hotdog Flavoured Water
    was eleven when it came out,next onto Korn and the Slayer,I remember it well

Advertisement