Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband in allen?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

who are u using ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sc9736

yup I live near enough to Allen and have been using broadband for about the past 3 years no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sc9736

sorry using BT, was using Eircom last year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I use Gaelic Telecom (I live in Kilmeague). Decent service, decent speeds (Im getting ~300kb/s downloads from their 2/3MB connection (cant remember which but I think its 3MB). Not terribly expensive, and we get the phone calls and all bundled with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

was hoping to hear of some wireless providers ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I know a couple of lads I work with have Leinster Broadband in Kilmeague. They are based in Kilmeague AFAIK. Im not sure what the service is like, but they have been with them for a few years so they cant be that bad! I think the service does go down from time to time, but such is life with wireless broadband, which is more flakey than cabled broadband.

Depending on what you want to use broadband for, I also have an O2 mobile broadband, which picks up 5 bars HSDPA in Kilmeague. If all you want to do is surf the net, pick up emails and the likes then that is fine, and its plenty fast. It wont do for gaming, and with a 10GB download limit per month you probably wont be doing much downloading if thats what youre into, but for €20 a month its plenty fast (Id say in the region of a 2MB cabled broadband connection) and would do the job for average internet use. They had a 30 day return policy where you could try it for a month and opt out of the contract if youre not happy, but Im not sure if that is still going. Would be worth checking out if it was.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Irish broadband is available in Allen, the Breeze option. Got it for my parents about 2 years ago. 2 Megs, and never given me/them any trouble.

kilmeague exchange upgraded from the middle of Jan

thx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

zod wrote: »
    was hoping to hear of some wireless providers ??

Wireless providers? Most broadband suppliers, if not all, are available with wireless routers. So they are all wireless? What did you think you were saying? Are you confusing it with something else?

beertons wrote: »
    Wireless providers? Most broadband suppliers, if not all, are available with wireless routers. So they are all wireless? What did you think you were saying? Are you confusing it with something else?

Eircom etc provide broadband over DSL through your phoneline.

Other providers can provide broadband wirelessly using an antenna on the roof of your house (for example digiwebs metro product). These are the providers I was interested in.

What part of this are you finding hard to understand ? are you confused? if you need more information click here

Advertisement