Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor 99c offer

• 09-01-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi - i'm on meteor anytime plus (free meteor to meteor texts and call a friend free) and i'm just wondering how do i get the internet on my phone for 99c a day? Do i need to ring or text meteor anything to set this up or is it automatic??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭kim_eire

afaik its automatic, i go on line wit them and its only 99c per day, i never had to ring them up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you don't have to do anything. just use it

edit:to clarify for anyone who might be reading the thread, the offer only applies to pre pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks everyone for the quick reply.
    I seem to be paying more than 99c when i check my gmail

dlambirl wrote: »

you can check all your costs on the meteor website. have a look and see if you're being overcharged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you can check all your costs on the meteor website. have a look and see if you're being overcharged

Good idea - thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

Ok for me, do you make alot of calls? try clicking again straight after it says its unavailable.

working for me on pre pay anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

It actually seems to cost me 98c when I use it. As for paying more than 99c, I had this problem before but I realised my phone was dialing-up instead of using GPRS WAP. My used to some up with "Launch data call" at times but now I just press no. If you're unsure you could change the dial-up number in your setting to something else, once it's not 0857019999...or any number that actually works, the call would probably connect for a few seconds...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Up to a max of 50mb afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Once you're on prepay and don't use any more than 50MB this shouldn't be the case.

Be aware that if you use 40MB at 2355 and then another 10MB at 0015 you are now into a new day so you will be charged 99c per DAY.

You will pretty much be charged the 99c straight away (don't get pedantic lads!) .. but it may be broken down into 2 or 3 charges in your call history.

You can do *#105# to see how much of your allowance you have used for today. In my experience it's relatively up to date.

Healio wrote: »
    Up to a max of 50mb afaik

that's true but i doubt that's his problem. you'd want to be sending about 2 million emails a day to reach 50mb

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Its fast enough when you use opera mini browser .

Is faster thn vodafone
    And youtube videos work not like 02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

if you download stuff from jamster, you get it for free. at least it has for me since meteor started the 99c thing. just go to jamster.ie on your phone's browser. it worked for me on a se w300i, a se w890i and an lg viewty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

There is a clause in the 99cent offer on the leaflet where other downloads may be charged. That is meant for jamster maybe when u are still in your 50mb.

I rang meteor and got hung up on when they hadnt a clue .

Advertisement