Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Chelsea (Match Thread) KO 4.00 SS One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

mayordenis wrote: »
    Be fair - united have been excellent. Put them to the sword.

united play well and i wont take that away from them but chelsea were dire....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fergie said before the match giggs's form is unbelievable at the moment, he said he looks as good as ever.
    i thought giggs was excellent 2day. evra looked very sharp aswell before going off.
    great win.
    jose will be scared for his hopes i reckon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im thrilled. Im gonna go out for a celebration sleaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    This is laughable, if that should have been a freekick what about Carvalho pulling the jersey off Ronaldo's back in the box in the first half? Why didn't you point that one out, eh?

You are clutching at straws. I guess Chelsea deserved to win too? Fcuk the begrudges.

3-0 to the Champions

Giggsy, Man of the Match

See your crying for a pen when Carvalho did it which it was and should have been giving but say its ok when Vidic does it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Ferguson's proved once again why he's the greatest manager in the world.

His tactics, line-ups, set pieces, everything was 100% spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Man of the match

tough choice its between vidic,evans,park and giggs

Giggs for me

Good call, Giggs got it.
    That said, every player in a red shirt was top class today. Even when John O'Shea came on he made some good tackles. Amzing to watch.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

spockety wrote: »
    Aye, not unusual for the thoughts of united fans to turn to liverpool before, during, and after every match no matter the opposition :-)

I only made reference to what Rafa said, because one thing is certain, had we of losing today, ye would of been all over here today praising Rafa for been a genius.

I couldnt give a fcuk about Liverpool or their fans or manager to be honest. I am only interested in my team and how we perform. Check back throught the pool thread last night and you wont find one post of mine

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jeez, chelsea were rubbish, they didn't turn up. Wigan and Bolton will be a much tougher test than them for utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

mormank wrote: »
    true, but dont forget that the pool also have their own fate in their hands!!! if we win our last 17 games we are champions, same goes for utd but ye have two more games in which ye can slip up

No they don't??? Liverpool need united to drop points, United can look after their results and not care about anybody else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well its over and done now anyways.

Again you have to look at Chelsea and see where their problems lie and for me its clear that you cannot play both of Lampard and Ballack, much like the England situation with Lampard and Gerard. There was abslotuely no threat on eiter side of the pitch from Chelsea and you need that against the best sides, you can't just bully you way through the middle against a great team like United.

Look at Uniteds goals as well, the corner defended badly and then the cross from almost the corner and it finds its way to Rooney. Thats width and that works but still you would imagine a defence like Chelsea have should be able to handle them better. Terry had a nightmare today, and Carvalho was also horrendous. I don't think I ever seen Drogba play as bad in all the times I've seen him in the Premier League but his strengths are not being utilised, he was getting the ball on the ground for most of the day and as we all know it when he gets high ball that he creates serious problems for opposing defenses.

Enough about Chelsea, lets talk United. Imo their best performance of the season so far. Ronaldo is getting into top gear, man of the match was Giggs no question, Vidic was immense at the back again, I love watching Park and I think he is the most underrated footballer in the PL. But everyone played well for United today. Credit where its due, they are currently World and European Champions and they showed just why today.

Just one other thing and I am probably completely off the mark with this, I seen the shots of Tevez on the sideline and for some reason it looked to me from his facial expressions that he might have played his last game for United. I might be way off the mark but there was something about the way he was waving to the crowd like he was thinking 'thank you, I love you all and you don't know yet but I've been forced to leave for first team football'. As I said I'm probably completely off the mark with that, just thought I'd mention it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

why is there 2 former liverpool players and 1 current one doing punditry

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I only made reference to what Rafa said, because one thing is certain, had we of losing today, ye would of been all over here today praising Rafa for been a genius.

I couldnt give a fcuk about Liverpool or their fans or manager to be honest. I am only interested in my team and how we perform. Check back throught the pool thread last night and you wont find one post of mine

I think any liverpool fan who would attribute any credit to rafa had utd slipped up today would have been deluded. I predicted utd to win three one, so i was slightly wrong, but united are the best team in the league and nothing rafa says will change how good their players and manager are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

How Vidic didnt get man of the match is beyond me. He was simply immense. Yeah giggs, park et al deserve credit for the performance too but imo Vida was a step above EVERY other player on that pitch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

why is there 2 former liverpool players and 1 current one doing punditry

welcome to sky sports

****ing disgrace tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

No they don't??? Liverpool need united to drop points, United can look after their results and not care about anybody else.
    If Liverpool win all their remaining games (including beating United) they win. I think that's what he means.

Wrong if Liverpool win every game from now on they will win the League by 2 points

Liverpool and united play each other...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Don't forget about what it does to ours and Chelseas goal difference lads.

A 6 goal swing just like that.

welcome to sky sports

****ing disgrace tbh

agreed, it is clearly a conspiracy against utd.

• Advertisement

welcome to sky sports

****ing disgrace tbh

Surely depends on what they say. Carragher is being very gracious and respectful of utd from what i can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Vidic and Evans were totally flawless today. Giggs with his best performance for years. Wayne Rooney at his best.

Emphatic 3-0 win. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

but if chelsea were any way right they would plough over giggs and fletch
    Thats what I'm saying, had the Chelsea midfield played to their full potential they might not have played as well and we might not have won 3-0, but we did :pac:

If Liverpool win all their remaining games (including beating United) they win. I think that's what he means.

As can be said for United, except we can win by a greater margin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

copacetic wrote: »
    agreed, it is clearly a conspiracy against utd.

:rolleyes:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Nice one great result if we beat Everton and Chelsea that's them out of the title race. Great result lads. xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I've never wanted to punchisize Andy Gray's face more than today. I actually the despise the ill informed ****.

Giggs was immense today, loved when he sprinted back shouted at Evans, got the ball off him and passed it to Evra. :pac:

Still thought it was a pretty dire game, I fell asleep a few time and was woken up by the celebrating fans when Rooney/ Berbatov scored.

spockety wrote: »
    Surely depends on what they say. Carragher is being very gracious and respectful of utd from what i can see

Yea unlike if it was a certain United player

Sorry I never took into account the fact they play each other.

Sky promising a fergie response to rafa.

Just like to say can comments regarding that be kept to it's dedicated thread and keep this one for the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

welcome to sky sports

****ing disgrace tbh

yeah the same sky that wanted to buy out man utd all those years ago :rolleyes:

i hear Sir Alex is going to say somthing about that Rafa rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

How Vidic didnt get man of the match is beyond me. He was simply immense. Yeah giggs, park et al deserve credit for the performance too but imo Vida was a step above EVERY other player on that pitch today.

Would have to totally agree , He was class and not only today .Has been the Utd's player of the season so far.

just out of interest, a lot of the utd fans seem to be counting the 6 points in next 2 games as in the bag. Would none of you rather be in Liverpools position of 5 points ahead rather than games in hand?

copacetic wrote: »
    just out of interest, a lot of the utd fans seem to be counting the 6 points in next 2 games as in the bag. Would none of you rather be in Liverpools position of 5 points ahead rather than games in hand?

Nah when its two games at OT against Wigan and Fulham

did i hear right

Sir Alex said that rant was angry and disturbed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

They have to play against each other. LIVERPOOL HAVE IT IN THEIR OWN HANDS.

(Said that louder because he seems not to have gotten the message the first time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

ffffff*******CCCCCCKKKKKKK off JAMIE REDKNAPP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

did i hear right Sir Alex said that rant was angry and disturbed

Yep, I think his words were "He seems angry and disturbed for some reason"

did i hear right Sir Alex said that rant was angry and disturbed

RAFA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

He said Rafa was angry and disturbed man

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    RAFA

my mistake

(Said that louder because he seems not to have gotten the message the first time)

Maybe you should read the full thread where you will see I apologised for not taking that into account.

WITH UTD AT HOME

saying it loud because it makes a big differance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Nah when its two games at OT against Wigan and Fulham

they barely beat sunderland at OT and drew with Newcastle so no game is a gimmie, in fairness they should win both those despite fulham and wigan in good form

regarding chelsea i wrote about 2-3 weeks back i didn't think chelsea would finish top 2 given their run of away games in the new year, i got a bit of stick for it, i still can't see chelsea picking up many points at arsenal, liverpool, villa or spurs

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    WITH UTD AT HOME

saying it loud because it makes a big differance

I'm sure chelsea thought that before liverpool came to town this season too ;-)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    they barely beat sunderland at OT and drew with Newcastle so no game is a gimmie, in fairness they should win both those despite fulham and wigan in good form

regarding chelsea i wrote about 2-3 weeks back i didn't think chelsea would finish top 2 given their run of away games in the new year, i got a bit of stick for it, i still can't see chelsea picking up many points at arsenal, liverpool, villa or spurs

Chelsea i think are finished Roman is getting fed up and with the world money they way it is i think he might cut his losses and pull out of Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Chelsea i think are finished Roman is getting fed up and with the world money they way it is i think he might cut his losses and pull out of Chelsea

yep defo .. have been saying it all season ... Chelsea are finished .. in 3 years we will be meeting Leeds again ... then we will be a league below them ...

to be honest i didn't even care today .. I knew before the match we didn't have a hope and now i have no expectation for the rest of the season ..

i hope united win it now ... i couldn't stand Liverpool winning it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

would u like to put a million bucks on it that if the pool win all their remaining fixtures they are champs?? think about it. so yes the pools fate is in their own hands also

by ur logic utd need the pool to drop points too...

mormank wrote: »
    would u like to put a million bucks on it that if the pool win all their remaining fixtures they are champs?? think about it. so yes the pools fate is in their own hands also

by ur logic utd need the pool to drop points too...

Jesus Christ read the ****in thread. I have apologised for not taking the fact united and Liverpool play each other into account. I have also pointed out that I apologised for it on this page.

Great result. Giggs was awesome as was Vidic.

That should kick start the goal rush for us with any luck. Chelsea were brutal in the 1st and last 3rd to be honest.

Very optimistic about the league now. Our experience and the fact that we usually excel in the 2nd half of the season plus all the home games should really be a big advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement