Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Chelsea (Match Thread) KO 4.00 SS One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Another case of Fergie completely screwing up the team selection. I honestly can't believe he has selected Giggs over Carrick. It is just unbelievable. I am gutted he has done this as without Rio it was going to be tough enough, but to select Giggs and Neville is basically handing Chelsea the game before it starts.

Really gutted - this game puts us out of the title race, and it is all Fergies fault.

:rolleyes:

How in Gods name does this game put United out of the title race if they lose it?

Get a grip of yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No it doesn't

Yes it does - maybe not mathematically, but a loss today will be a massive confidence drain. We needed to win today to get a title push back on track, and we will not be able to win with Evans and Neville in defence, and Giggs in midfield. It is simply a shocking line up. I don't see what Giggs offers over Carrick in any way what so ever. Fergie saying before kick off that Giggs is playing the best football of his career? If that is the case, Giggs has pulled off the greatest illusion of all time cause he must have been complete crap for the rest of his career.

Anderson, Carrick and Sholes on the bench - ALL better options than giggs in every way possible. Giggs offers nothing over any of them.

SO FREAKING GUTTED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Chong wrote: »
    Talk about being completely negative. -10000000000

i think Mitch Connor like my self is really disappointed because of the team fergie put out

a spur of the moment thats all

we have a great chance to put a nail into chelsea's coffin and fergie puts out that team

amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Alre. Game hasn't started yet. Put the team selection aside and believe.

Come on you reds

adox wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

How in Gods name does this game put United out of the title race if they lose it?

Get a grip of yourself!

Because it will be further 'proof' that we can't and aren't doing it against the big sides when it matters this season. We have put ourselves in enough trouble losing to both Arsenal and Liverpool away, and i simply don't think we can afford to drop points to, and reinvigorate, a tough Chelsea side.

With this formation and selection, Fergie is giving an advantage to Chelsea in both this game and the title race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yes it does - maybe not mathematically, but a loss today will be a massive confidence drain. We needed to win today to get a title push back on track, and we will not be able to win with Evans and Neville in defence, and Giggs in midfield. It is simply a shocking line up. I don't see what Giggs offers over Carrick in any way what so ever. Fergie saying before kick off that Giggs is playing the best football of his career? If that is the case, Giggs has pulled off the greatest illusion of all time cause he must have been complete crap for the rest of his career.

Anderson, Carrick and Sholes on the bench - ALL better options than giggs in every way possible. Giggs offers nothing over any of them.

SO FREAKING GUTTED.

Stop talking in the past tense! I've a bad headache as it is and reading your posts are making it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

anyone got a decent link?

cheers

At least we have evra back :)

With the rest of the team Fergie has picked, i'm surprised O'Shea didn't start ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Really gutted - this game puts us out of the title race, and it is all Fergies fault.

At least wait till the match is over before staying stuff like that, we could still win the game

Early booking for Lampard could be costly later in the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Weird ass team selection, gona need some big performances. Come on United :)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

spiderdan wrote: »
    anyone got a decent link?

cheers

Try this one

http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/434681

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lively start from united anyway, nothing dangerous, but high tempo at least. Best chance i see for united is an early goal, but the longer it drags on, the more ill favour chelsea for this one.

on another note, I Like Park.

utd are playing well so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mitch is being a tad negative but I sense his frustration. Ferguson is putting out a workhorse looking selection instead of going for the jugular against a team who aren't firing in all cylinders, regardless of their league position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Andy Gray...what a cock you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Cech doesnt look too full of confidence!

i love that yaaaaae shouts when terry gets the ball

brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

park has been fantastic so far breaking up alot of chelsea plays.

Woeful free kick from Ballack thankfully

wierd game so far

• Advertisement

getting killed in midfield, chelsea starting to dominate

Oh Cashley how I do hate thee.

Killme00 wrote: »
    getting killed in midfield, chelsea starting to dominate

shocking, isn't it. I though Giggs would be all over it....

that wall didnt look 10yrs back

fair play webb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rooney not punished for dissent. One for Rafa's next dossier i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

**** sake rooney

ffs rooney, is he ever going to cop on with that shit?! He had no chance of making the ball there, just a stupid kick out yet again. One day, he'll start getting punished for those a lot more...

seems to happen pretty much every game at this stage...

Rooney lucky not to be booked for kicking out there.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Aidric wrote: »
    Or the very least for telling the ref to fcuk off

• Advertisement

Evans is playing very well, has put in two great blocks already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

How does Rooney get away with it? He abuses Ref's in every game and doesn't get carded for it yet other players get booked week in week out for it

Aidric wrote: »

lucky not to be sent off i think. If not just for the kick then for the dissent that followed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Did rooney even get a touch there ?

Go on Rooney, good stuff

Now go get us a fcking goal

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    ffs rooney, is he ever going to cop on with that shit?! He had no chance of making the ball there, just a stupid kick out yet again. One day, he'll start getting punished for those a lot more...

seems to happen pretty much every game at this stage...

that kind of stuff annoys me. First off, Rooney was pulled back when he put the ball past the chelsea player, then it is clear obstruction from the chelsea player, making no attempt to play the ball.

Should have been a penalty for ROnaldo there - poor reffing.

yee haw starting to heat up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Terrible there from Carvalho,

For once Ronaldo didnt make the most of something, and for him to get a yellow?

Ronaldo looks really on tilt now. Not surprised, probably should have been a peno

• Advertisement

Thats a peno in my book. Carvalhio brought him to ground ffs.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Why was Ronaldo booked?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Webb a bit too noticeable over the past 15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Why was Ronaldo booked?

The boy who cried wolf syndrome i think, undeserved but thats the name you make yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

then it is clear obstruction from the chelsea player, making no attempt to play the ball.

Are you actually been serious?

Ever watch a player shield the ball out of play before? Sorry maybe this is the first game you have seen in a long long time:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

30m's worth right there.

• Advertisement

should have scored

Why was Ronaldo booked?
    Was wondering the same myself. Carvalhio all over him yet Ronaldo gets booked? WTF? :rolleyes:

Chance for Berba, disappointing shot in the end

Ah Christ, Berba should have done better there, nice passing move from Utd.

look at Rooney. Whistle blows, runs straight over to Webb. Oh if only Bennett was in charge

then it is clear obstruction from the chelsea player, making no attempt to play the ball.

this happens a million times a game though, holding off the ball, without taking ownership of it, like when Giggs sheperded it out holding off Bosingwa only a few mins ago, without ever touching the ball. I wouldn't mind something changing here where at least the throw/corner is given, but at this point we have to expect nothing to be called up on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement