Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Chelsea (Match Thread) KO 4.00 SS One

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

roryc wrote: »
    United deservedly ahead at half time... two penalty shouts ignored and a goal correctly disallowed... hopefully they won't take their foot off the gas

Need Ronnie to get on the scoresheet for FF :D

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United fans have a twisted view of justice if you think that's what that goal was. Not saying they don't deserve it.

Yeah - Rooney takes corner short - Giggs collects, crosses it in and Ronaldo scores. Yeah - never should have been a goal....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

YES COME ONNNNNNNNN!

Its not been great stuff so far. Ronaldo needs to get involved, Rooney needs to calm down a slight bit before he does something stupid. A goal today would do wonders for Berba, he's snatched at that chance. If he could get one today, it would give him the confidence to kick on, just like Carlos had a poor start last season, and the goal against Chelsea set him up for an outstanding season.

I'm always worried when I see both Park and Fletch in the starting lineup for a big game. Fletch usually does well in the bigger games, but I still have my doubts. I'd much prefer to see Carrick in there.

Ballack's dive was laughable. Surely worth a booking. Wazza's been terribly luck not to get booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

mormank wrote: »
    1)

2) giggs = utds best player in first half.

+1
    He's still driving me mad with some of his passes but his attitude has been immense so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Couldnt be more happy. What a man to score too. wheres that Caf gif with him running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Vida you madafecker marry me:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

All in all, a decent enough first half. Neither team played well IMO. Impressed with giggs and Fletcher in the center. not exactly dominating but not playing bad either. Need to make sure we don't give away any stupid free kicks near the box with both Lampard and Ballack playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

From the BBC stuff:
    1652: "I just do not understand it. I go on about it all the time, but why oh why do Chelsea not put players on the goalposts from set-pieces? You are trying to make your goal smaller - why don't they do it? It's just cost them a goal."
    BBC Radio 5 Live's Graham Taylor
    Have to say, QFT. United fan but Chelsea do themselves no favours. Scolari needs to remember he's not managing Brazil any more.

Yeah - Rooney takes corner short - Giggs collects, crosses it in and Ronaldo scores. Yeah - never should have been a goal....

neither the ref or Chelsea were ready for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Couldnt be more happy. What a man to score too. wheres that Caf gif with him running?

vidiccelebratedn1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

neither the ref or Chelsea were ready for it.

chelsea being ready is not relevant at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Omg, what a **** game.I'm falling asleep trying to watch it.And Webb cant ref at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think the problme may be that Rooney never took his foot off the ball it was all done in one movement could be the linesman saw it as a rolling ball, not sure??

United fans have a twisted view of justice if you think that's what that goal was. Not saying they don't deserve it.

Who f'n cares? We got the goal, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

cRonaldo's goal being disallowed is irrelevant seeing as Vidic wouldn't have scored if it was counted and it would still be only 1-0.

Chelsea's passing moves have been incredibly slow for a team who supposedly play great football though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Interesting first half, on the balance of play United deserve to be ahead imo. However Rooney as much a I like him should not be on the pitch at this stage. I predict he either gets taken off of gets sent in the first 20 mins of the second half.

I hate goals like that, first off they take a corner which was clearly outside the d and then take another and score with it legally. There was nothing wrong with the second one but Chelsea were a bit dishevelled after the first effort and when a goal goes in like that it feels like they were cheated to me. On the goal and as much as it pains me to say it, Berbatov deserves the credit there. He has done very little at United since his transfer and if he got a career ending injury I would not feel one bit sorry for him, with the way he treated his previous employers, but that assist might just at the end of the season be worth a huge chunk of his trasfer fee.

Anyways looking forward to the second half. Oh and yet again Evans looks the business playing with Vidic. He looks terrible with Ferdinand, further evidence of my point from a week ago.:)

I reckon you could put a lot of players beside Vidic and they would look good, because he is class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

or Chelsea were ready for it.

Are you serious?

I'd have to agree. it was a bit too clever for their own good. Sure the linesman was right beside rooney and he didn't even know he had took it.

It reminds me when sneaky free kicks are taken to catch defenses off guard, but usually they are cleared with the official before it happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its called unsportman like behaviour like Gearred getting booked last night for trying to take an early freekick

Our commentator said Drogba commented "he was sorry for not beating up Vidic when he had a chance in Moscow",sentence of the year and give that man a prize:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Out of curiosity, do you have to wait for the whistle to be blown when taking a corner kick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

pretty sure the goal was disallowed because the ref was talking to johnny evans while rooney 'took' the corner and giggs played it. watch the replay again and look at what the ref is doing. correct decision imo...

Our commentator said Drogba commented "he was sorry for not beating up Vidic when he had a chance in Moscow",sentence of the year and give that man a prize:pac:

Yea he said that after been sent off for slapping him in Moscow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

LoL at someone thinking Chelsea being ready for it should have an effect on it.

Its called unsportman like behaviour like Gearred getting booked last night for trying to take an early freekick

Telling the linesman your taking the corner quickly and him not saying no is unsporting behavior?

Get real, would ya? Anyways, stupid and pointless argument.

We got the goal, thats all that matters. Whatever you or I say is irrelevant. And no, you can not have any complaints about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

eagle eye wrote: »
    He has done very little at United since his transfer and if he got a career ending injury I would not feel one bit sorry for him, with the way he treated his previous employers,

Classy, real classy:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I hate goals like that, first off they take a corner which was clearly outside the d and then take another and score with it legally.

I take it you missed Rooney taking the touch before Giggs swung it in.

Yea he said that after been sent off for slapping him in Moscow

I am not sure who would finish beaten up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

+1
    He's still driving me mad with some of his passes but his attitude has been immense so far.

yap totally agree

his tracking back has been brilliant put some passes have been awful like the so called pass to Ronaldo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

mormank wrote: »
    1) how has rooney not been booked yet for his attitude towards the ref.

+1 twice hes thrown the hand up to basically saw fcuk off ,he hacked bosingwa and walked away from ref after that..no card???
    Big Phil needs to get into his head.. put man on post you stop goals..i mean its not as if Ashley Cole is gonna reach up and fcuking head anything away so why not put him and bosingwa on the post..sigh ah well roll on a draw hopefully..all we can hope for

On a fun note the scared face of the linesman after the disallowed first goal was priceless

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Telling the linesman your taking the corner quickly and him not saying no is unsporting behaviuor?

Get real, would ya? Anyways, stupid and pointless argument.

We got the goal, thats all that matters. Whatever you say is irrelevant. You can have no complaints about that one :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The ref had his back to it so did not see Rooney take it all he seen was giggs start with the ball outside the corner kick area.

there you go Rooney did not tell the linesman what he was doing so goal was disallowed correctly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mayordenis wrote: »
    Showing your class as always.

Your contribution has been noted

I am not sure who would finish beaten up.....

I'm not sure who would finish alive:eek:

adox wrote: »
    Are you serious?

Almost always. I was once called the worst audience participant Cirque de Soleil ever had. i did not find their bufoonery amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Almost always. I was once called the worst audience participant Cirque de Soleil ever had. i did not find their bufoonery amusing.

I will duck behind that bin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I love watching the crazy amount of bitching and moaning that goes on during these matches. Much more entertaining then the games themselves.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I will duck behind that bin

what a pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

adox wrote: »
    Classy, real classy:rolleyes:

Abit harsh alright. He did treat spurs like **** and I could understand their supporters saying that, but it seems abit mental saying that about a player playing for your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Interesting first half, on the balance of play United deserve to be ahead imo. However Rooney as much a I like him should not be on the pitch at this stage. I predict he either gets taken off of gets sent in the first 20 mins of the second half.

I hate goals like that, first off they take a corner which was clearly outside the d and then take another and score with it legally. There was nothing wrong with the second one but Chelsea were a bit dishevelled after the first effort and when a goal goes in like that it feels like they were cheated to me. On the goal and as much as it pains me to say it, Berbatov deserves the credit there. He has done very little at United since his transfer and if he got a career ending injury I would not feel one bit sorry for him, with the way he treated his previous employers, but that assist might just at the end of the season be worth a huge chunk of his trasfer fee.

Anyways looking forward to the second half. Oh and yet again Evans looks the business playing with Vidic. He looks terrible with Ferdinand, further evidence of my point from a week ago.:)

I reckon you could put a lot of players beside Vidic and they would look good, because he is class.

i really hate comments like this. utd couldve payed 32m for peter crouch and he couldve gotten THAT assist easily, be shiittt the rest of the season but then justify his price tag with one measely assist..give me a break..the fact that keano was and is under so much pressure and berba isnt is a joke. berb hasnt been 50% better than keano this season. played most games and produced very little

• Advertisement

According to Sky, Rooney never told the linesman what he was doing, hence the goal being disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

bennyx_o wrote: »
    According to Sky, Rooney never told the linesman what he was doing, hence the goal being disallowed.
    Yeah, they spoke to Giggs about it at half time.

Yeah, they spoke to Giggs about it at half time.
    My dad turned it off at half time so I must've missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Shot went for a throw :) These are supposed to be pros.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Shot went for a throw :) These are supposed to be pros.....

ronaldo just ran straight into Mikel and took a dive - and these are supposed to be men :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY

ROOOONEEEYYY!!!!

2-0!

Rooney I fcuking love you son

2-0

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Rooney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go on ya legend!
    Come on United!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!1!!11!

• Advertisement
Advertisement