Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know who owns the Watershed?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HHH

exswimmer wrote: »
    If the managent of the watershed spent as much time online researching where to purcahse non slip mats as they do pretending to be paying customers defending the amenity we'd all be a lot safer.

Possible solution here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

My husband raised his voice, he did not shout. Shouting is a threatening activity.
    He raised his voice, to get her attention as she was clearly trying to ignore the issue

Why? was she a long way a way that he needed to raise his voice or was it just to make a scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

I went in there to swim and after about 4-5 minutes the electricity went and everyone was basically told to leave, Needless to say I didn't get my money back and neither did a very angry man lol. I just left it at that didn't want to cause a scene. Been up there a few times since, God its amazing how often you can get away with just leaning over and pressing the exit button then walking in I done it about 4 or 5 times without getting caught. Then I got student membership which means my football matches and training is free for the next year lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Anyone know when the Newpark is opening again?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

Doff how did you get in for free? I love it:P.

I heard a door is open at the drinks machine and some guys got caught sneaking in the day only day I was in there. Does the membership include astro turf pitch?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sliderman wrote: »
    Does the membership include astro turf pitch?:confused:

No, but you can walk around the track for €8 an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The Newpark reopened yesterday - well the hotel at least. I'm assuming the leisure centre part is open too.

Called in myself on the way home when I saw the 'open for business' sign actually... went round the back. The leisure centre is still a building site- no water in the pool, and it looks like it will be that way for a while yet.

They told members that it would be done in six weeks... should have known!

So I went to the watershed today for the first time. Thought the girl at the counter was cheerful and friendly... perhaps this is a new approach for the staff as a knee-jerk reaction to getting slated for being ignorami on an online forum?!

The place is nice alright, I like the health spa area with the undersized jaccuzi (which doesn't work properly) in particular. I came out of the steam room to get a drink. Odd, I'm thinking They didn't put a tap or drinking fountain in here. I have been to health spas up and down the country and they ALL have drinking fountains outside them, as well as signs telling you to drink regularly.

So I stroll in around the pool looking for the tap... none to be seen... in around the changing room and all, then back out again and over to a lifeguard.

"Oh you have to go into the gym for that" he says!

Get this right... there isn't a place to get a drink in the entire pool area! This could only mean that, when the place was being designed, either the architects never thought that people might be coming out of a roasting hot steam room after sweating for half an hour in need of a drink, or else they did think of it and the person in charge of the place shot the idea down.

"No, let them buy my €2 bottled water instead! Ha ha! That comes to an even tenner I've fleeced them for, and with the electricity I've saved by not having the jacuzzi working, I'll be out of the recession in no time!"

Hmmm. Not only is this a glaring oversight on the part of the management, it's actually quite dangerous. People taking exercise need water. People sweating in hot saunas need water. Why is there no tap in the entire place?

So when I get my clothes on and get out to the vending machine, guess what? It's sold out of water.

So the plan seems to be working but would you please re stock the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

Ha ha glad i joined ormande gym :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Sliderman

FABBY did you send them your bill for the free water advice? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

exswimmer wrote: »

My husbacnd began to speak very loudly and we eventually got a refund.
    Unless there are seriuos changes, I'll never go back

ex swimmer

So your husband is one of those so called cowboys that does not respect staff!!, the staff are only employed there and they are not the Directors/ owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Zeppi wrote: »
    So your husband is one of those so called cowboys that does not respect staff!!, the staff are only employed there and they are not the Directors/ owners

I do have sympathy with the staff but if it is not shown that he has gotten a refund how would the directors know if the public were unhappy with the service. Isn't that why the country is in the state it is in because we "Joe Public" didn;t speak up and took everything that was thrown at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that the pool has been closed

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Em, there's a separate thread about the pool being closed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

dewdrop wrote: »
    I am surprised that no one has mentioned that the pool has been closed
    Think it's on another thread

Advertisement