Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband help...

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

...and suggestions. i live in Longwood in County Meath and am currently using a 3G wireless modem. The connection is not the best by a long way, watching clips on youtube can take forever with all the buffering and downloads are never ending.

would anyone have any good suggestions on a better deal for the same area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

You don't say what other options you have tried already.

The most obvious is DSL, have you checked if your landline is DSL enabled? Do you have a phone line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

Im in Trim, which id say is the nearest exchange to you - whats Trim about 6-7 miles from Longwood - Don't know if DSL will be available that far out?

Go to eircom's website and try a line check on your phone number on the off chance.
    Im sure theres other options though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

BNC wrote: »
    You don't say what other options you have tried already.

The most obvious is DSL, have you checked if your landline is DSL enabled? Do you have a phone line?
    pardon my ignorance, but who or what is DSL??
    Im in Trim, which id say is the nearest exchange to you - whats Trim about 6-7 miles from Longwood - Don't know if DSL will be available that far out?

Go to eircom's website and try a line check on your phone number on the off chance.
    Im sure theres other options though
    checked eircom and they have no plans to install broadband in the area :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

no problem poindexter, not ignorant at all.

Might be worthwhile you have a read of this, it explains some of the types of broadband available:

Types of bradband

and also this Broadband suppliers in Meath

If your telephone exchange is not being upgraded to DSL then it is unlikely you will be able to get this service.
    Your next choice would be fixed wireless and I'm open to correction but I think Fastnet Broadband were doing a group broadband scheme in the Longwood area.

Advertisement