Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 93, who's going and who's not?.

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to this, so yea I'm going :D

I'd hate NOT to be going, sooo who's stuck with not going and who's going to rub their noses in it on the 18th ;)

I haven't checked my tickets, but will there be a problem with bringing a camera into the venue?.

Has anyone been to the new O2 arena, whats it like - ie a half decent bar and better toilets than the old Point Depot?.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mairt wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the new O2 arena, whats it like - ie a half decent bar and better toilets than the old Point Depot?.

God I hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

hell yeah I'm goin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Cant wait for it.

Does anyone know if you'll be allowed to av a beer during the event in your seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I'm going.

I know that they were allowed bring beer back to your seats during concerts.

Bottle a coke was 3 euro :O

And I've brought my camera both times I've been.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I was in it the other night. Just about everything is a big improvement, including the bar and bog facilities. I reckon the view will be pretty good with most people looking right down into the cage. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

I don't have tickets but I will be heading down bright and early to try pick some up off a tout

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Im heading to this, should be great fun and some great fights. Im going to Rogan night before as well. And on an unrelated topic, going to Keith Barry's show on sunday. What a weekend its gonna be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I'm there with bells on!
    Did I see somewhere that doors open at 4pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭p to the e

I'm really looking forward to this, so yea I'm going :D

I'd hate NOT to be going, sooo who's stuck with not going and who's going to rub their noses in it on the 18th ;)

I haven't checked my tickets, but will there be a problem with bringing a camera into the venue?.

just to make sure i think it's on the 17th so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I'm going to Rogan the night before too with four of my mates and then heading to the fight on Saturday night. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

On ticket master it says door open at 5.30 and the o2 is a savage stadium.
    Bars and snack shops line the whole outer ring on each floor.Saw Coldplay there and the set up is amazing.Whereever you sit youll have a great view and yea you can bring booze back to your seat.Prob not a good idea,i was in the middle of a row and i must have ruined about 20 peoples nights jumping up every 10 mins for trip to the gents or to get another beer.

Apologies to those people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I was going to be there, but something else came up, and I couldn't make it.
    Oh well.

Oh, I might as well point out that that "something" is me heading off to Vegas two weeks later to see GSP vs BJ Penn in the MGM Grand, with floor tickets!!!:D:D:D

I think I'll survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

GSP vs BJ in vegas.........nice :cool:

Picture cameras are allowed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I'd love to but I never got tickets. I was at UFC 92 though so that makes up for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

Yep Block C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

ya we are going role on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

I don't have tickets

Unlucky for u buddy ha ha ha!!

Im goin should be a great night of fights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

dunkamania wrote: »
    GSP vs BJ in vegas.........nice :cool:

Picture cameras are allowed

Can't wait.:D

I'd have loved to have gone to 93, but it's the same weekend as my birthday, and some friends have a party organised.
    Plus I'm a bit short on cash with the whole Vegas trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Doors open at 4.30
    First fight starts at 5.30

Thats what it said on my ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm going:), it should be fun. I'll sneak in my own grub, no way am I paying 60 euro for a hotdog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

I am going and I cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

im going should be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 michael_23

Yup, I be there, cant wait, should be a great day

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Yeah going to Q&A with the count, the weigh in and rogan on friday and then cant wait for the fights.

Going to london too, :-) Dublin got a much better card.

Wonder if anyone spots the fighters about town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

liger wrote: »
    Yeah going to Q&A with the count, the weigh in and rogan on friday and then cant wait for the fights.

dont foget your affliction tshirt.

I was at the mighty boosh in the 02, the screens were tiny and i was a cubic mile away from the stage, i dont know if it will work for the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

yip, really looking forward to it especially with the young Irish Tom Egan on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Chris89 wrote: »
    dont foget your affliction tshirt.

Meow!

I was just asking if its being shown, No competition is the worst thing possible for the UFC. Also I've never seen Fedor just heard about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I will be there. Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

liger wrote: »

I am doing the same and then going to an MMA after party (It's not a UFC after party) but I was told that some UFC fighters might show up.

• Advertisement

HERE!

Can't wait for it.

Advertisement