Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies What do you think

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Want to know what people think of boards website

Is it a good place for people to voice there opinions

Is it good source of information

Is it that people have nothing better to do

Is it for people to hide when voicing their opinions

Is it just for information more then opinion meaning you cant say what you really want

Or if you have any other reasons why people use Boards
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,106 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to feedback as it seems to a be a general issue

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OP, the one big question that peope are going to ask is; "Why are you asking?"

Just preparing you for it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yup.

Why are you asking?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

They built it, we came.

Why are you asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

GoodEnough wrote: »

Fucking love it
    Yep
    yep
    Yep
    Yep
    Is it just for information more then opinion meaning you cant say what you really want
    Yep
    Free booze for all registered users, and the wimmens are easy:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

It used be a fairly good website for discussions but now its way too over moderated , as far as I can see there are more guests than members looking at the forums and in one forum which I wont mention a lot of people I know dont bother posting anymore because of the excessive moderation

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

meldrew wrote: »
    ...in one forum which I wont mention...
    Why wont you mention?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It used be a fairly good website for discussions but now its way too over moderated , as far as I can see there are more guests than members looking at the forums and in one forum which I wont mention a lot of people I know dont bother posting anymore because of the excessive moderation
    Please mention it. If everyone keeps quiet about their disquiet, then how are we to know what needs to be fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 GoodEnough

seamus wrote: »
    OP, the one big question that peope are going to ask is; "Why are you asking?"

Just preparing you for it.

Just starting a discussion FAE to do. Maybe ;)

Prepared for what the replys. Help replys HELP HELP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

All of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

A bit of all of the above as well as being able to talk and express yourself on stuff you might otherwise not do elsewere .Like so many topics of intrest and lots of crap to .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Mostly: Is it that people have nothing better to do

Sometimes you can find some useful information.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

He is talking about the Waterford forum. He's not happy that he can't post slanderous\libelious comments about company's and claims the whole site is over moderated and who cares if the owners get sued.

As for people not posting there anymore that's a very small number. The forums a lot more enjoyable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My main reason for being here is to give karoma migranes.

Other than that, its for the cake and buttsexz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup

Very much so

Even those in work post here more then working :p

A little, though your identity on the net is never secret.

People have great discussions here and get great advise. However, within reason. Since the site owners are responsible for posts posters have to be careful whats said to avoid legal action so that area might be a bit strict and you dont have complete freedom. Which is good in other ways anyway.

Meet new people, have a good laugh, read interesting story's, get great advise and support etc.

Sully wrote: »
    He is talking about the Waterford forum. He's not happy that he can't post slanderous\libelious comments about company's and claims the whole site is over moderated and who cares if the owners get sued.

As for people not posting there anymore that's a very small number. The forums a lot more enjoyable now.

Should a moderator not keep to the topic

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Petty arguments like that don't do much for your case I'm afraid.

I'm not a moderator of this forum. Just a user like you :)

Why pick me out of the countless other posters who went off topic? :P Plus I have already responded on topic anyway.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Petty arguments like that don't do much for your case I'm afraid.

What is my case?

Are you a moderator Fagitas?

Is every post taken so serious?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Fagitas?

I see what you did there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

What is my case?

Be nice ourlad...............:(

;)
    I'm not a moderator of this forum. Just a user like you :)

Why pick me out of the countless other posters who went off topic? :P Plus I have already responded on topic anyway.

I'm not picking out anyone just making a comment, should a mod not practise what they preach no matter what forum they are on.

and yes you did respond to the topic after your comment

Bloody hell ye are very serious.

Might start a new topic on being too serious here ;)

Be nice ourlad...............:(

Why am i not being nice sorry but could you expand on your comment Thank You

;)

I'm not picking out anyone just making a comment, should a mod not practise what they preach no matter what forum they are on.

Well I cant comment on other forums but any forum I moderate we always allow room for off topic posts (a small bit, within reason). Not every topic has to be done religiously like the book ;)
    and yes you did respond to the topic after your comment

No harm done so? :D
    Bloody hell ye are very serious.

Might start a new topic on being too serious here ;)

Why how dare you! *shakes fist in anger* :P I (and Fajitas obviously) assumed you were being serious and a little bit snotty towards me for addressing a comment in a Feedback thread. So I gave a serious reply. :D

CuLT wrote: »
    I see what you did there.

You have good eyesight:)

Why how dare you! *shakes fist in anger* :P I (and Fajitas obviously) assumed you were being serious and a little bit snotty towards me for addressing a comment in a Feedback thread. So I gave a serious reply. :D

A comment in this thread i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

What is my case?

Your case being your thread.

Nope, 100% not a moderator. Just trying to be helpful. I can see it's not appreciated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

On top of everything else you're a mind reader now , if you have a problem with what I'm posting in other forums please feel free to PM me if not please refrain from answering my posts for me . Thanks

• Advertisement

On top of everything else you're a mind reader now , if you have a problem with what I'm posting in other forums please feel free to PM me if not please refrain from answering my posts for me . Thanks

Well you refused to converse over PM already and instead kept dragging the thread off topic giving out about mods and threw another dig here. I assumed you were willing to discuss it here but I guess not so ill leave ya be. :)

Advertisement