Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard

Options
  • 09-01-2009 2:58pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Today at lunch, I had a powerful, Philadelpia Collins-esque lust for a Dirty Burger. Mustard appeared to be closed and the windows were blacked up like an ill advised Katherine Lynch grotesque. The menu had been taken from the box outside the door and it was deader than the career of surviving Irish Models.

Has this place gone belly up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Crap! I hope not! :(

They are the only place that I've found that do a barbeque roast duck pizza.

Nom nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

They have moved to the Bridge Mills, where the Holy Well restaurant used to be.

Mustard to a quality dirty burger, nearly as good as the grill, gotta drive 14 of the bad boys into ya!

PS quit lookin at my gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Giving thanks for Blackadderesque similes and metaphors..

OT: I hope it's not shut... that place was <cockney accent>Faakin' Mustahd!</cockney accent>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Is Mustard actually any good? I ate there once and wasn't that impressed.

Yours Faithfully,

the Mustard Tiger

phil_collins.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    They have moved to the Bridge Mills, where the Holy Well restaurant used to be.

Mustard to a quality dirty burger, nearly as good as the grill, gotta drive 14 of the bad boys into ya!

PS quit lookin at my gut.
    Awesome. I was beginning to fear that this damn recession was going to have some real casualties.
    cornbb wrote: »

Yours Faithfully,

the Mustard Tiger

phil_collins.jpg
    First time I went there not long after it opened, I was unimpressed. More recently, when I've been in there it's been superb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Holy f*ck boys. Someone is gonna have to organise a Boards BeersBurgers!

/craves a dirty ole bluejay burger

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

last thing some people need is more burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

what, the Holy Well is gone?????

I loved the pizza there!

Holy f*ck boys. Someone is gonna have to organise a Boards BeersBurgers!

/craves a dirty ole bluejay burger

How about a cheeseburger and liquor barbaque? No more dirty ole bluejay, too gamey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Where abouts was this place loacted?? Don't think i ever ate in there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

sounds interesting i may go check it out ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

noooooo! i leave galway for a couple of months and the best BBQ pizza in town is about to be no more! *wails*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

galah wrote: »
    what, the Holy Well is gone?????

I loved the pizza there!

Me too!!! Is it really gone?
    FFS it was the ONLY Vegetarian restaurant in the whole of (a University City mind!) Galway! True sign of good food when a lot of meatie mates didn't even realise it was veg, but loved it. They even did a pizza for a coeliac friend!
    No offense to burgers meant, but you can get them in a few places! Mustard is deffo good.

Sh*te! Holy Well was also starting to do cocktail hours with cool music too..bummer.

Anyone know if the (Galway branch of) the restaurant is moved anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Crap! I hope not! :(

They are the only place that I've found that do a barbeque roast duck pizza.

Nom nom nom...

mmmmmmmmm duck pizza

actually, that could be a warning more than a meal :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

inisboffin wrote: »

Anyone know if the (Galway branch of) the restaurant is moved anywhere else.

i live with a chef from there, and let´s just say it closed with a lot of controversy. i don´t think i can say much more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Same as. However I'm always on the lookout for daysent burgahs...

scottys in cuirt na coiribe does a fine burger

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

toiletduck wrote: »
    However I'm always on the lookout for daysent burgahs...

Easy, 1/4 pounder with cheese from Charcoal Grill, ooomm nom nom nom!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »
    Today at lunch, I had a powerful, Philadelpia Collins-esque lust for a Dirty Burger. Mustard appeared to be closed and the windows were blacked up like an ill advised Katherine Lynch grotesque. The menu had been taken from the box outside the door and it was deader than the career of surviving Irish Models.

Has this place gone belly up?

GO
    TO
    BED

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

You've to put a few chips between the bun and the burger in order to fully unleash the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

I ate in the new Mustard in Bridge Mills there yesterday and it was really good. Big decent rare burger with tasty chunky chips. Nyom.

toiletduck wrote: »
    You've to put a few chips between the bun and the burger in order to fully unleash the flavour.

NYOM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Jizzlord, c'mon, give us a bit more info re the closing of Holywell;)
    I really like the food there also, tho' have to admit to having a fondness for Mustard also so at least something good took over from Holywell.

What kind of prices are in the 'new' Mustard? Is it the same menu as they had in Middle St. or are there new additions?

They used to do pizza in Massimos too, they did a Thai chicken pizza that was to DIE for, but it didn't seem to make it across to the new place at all. I so CRAVE just one more of those Thai chicken pizzas.....drool.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

There is a 2 for one coupon in the Advertiser today for Mustard.

Will have to pop down and see what all this fuss is about at the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just back from Mustard, myself and my friend shared a starter and had a pizza each with the 2 for 1 voucher from the paper, 14 euro altogether :pac:

Was talking to one of the owners, he said they're loving the new location (which is gorgeous btw) and have been pretty busy.

I had the aromatic duck pizza, finishing off the last of it now, om nom nom :D

Went for lunch with the 2 for 1 voucher

Burger with chips (13eur)
    Chicken burger with skinny fries (14eur)

The location is savage... it's more romantic than anything, not exactly the place you'd go on a date (horsing into greasy burger and chips!)

The staff were more than friendly. I'm easily pleased, in that i'm happy with service if the waiter(ess) comes down once during the meal and asks if everything is alright. This is exactly what happened today - happy out.

Excellent value with the 2 for 1 voucher (2 of us stuffed for 14eur), but wouldn't be going every day at full price. Pretty steep but wouldn't put me off going on the odd occasion

Best of luck in the new location

buzz55 wrote: »
    Jizzlord, c'mon, give us a bit more info re the closing of Holywell;)

i cant say much, but the staff of holywell arrived to find it was closed *long story, that could bring me and the site into a lot of trouble* and are all jobless and owed money. my housemate is owed €1000

Advertisement