Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggest car for my wife

Options
  • 09-01-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi,

My Mrs is looking for a new car and is very undecided as to what to get. She currently drives a 03 Yaris, but wants to trade up for a sturdier car.

She is thinking of something in Audi A3 / Citroen C4 class or possibly a bit smaller. Can you please suggest what you think might suit her ?

She is looking for:
    • 06/07 reg
    • Good safety level
    • Isofix points for child seat
    • Roomy enough for 2 child seats
    • Diesel
    • Reliable
    • Drives 10-15k km per year
    • Budget approx Eur 12k

Thanks, BC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭crocro

Skoda octavia. The answer to all car questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

A3 or a Golf Def!! Considering you said A3 or the Citreon I'm assuming she wants to stick to a hatch back.

Plus you can buy a 2002 1.9TDi Audi A3 Up north for £3000 when it would cost you €6000 - €10000 down south

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seat Leon

Has the build quality of Audi and Volkswagon engine. And its a hell of a lot better looking than either. Ya'd pay bout €14k for a 2 year old 1.4 in the republic though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

An old mondeo.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭jonathan11

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Golf, and shop around! a 06 Golf sportline, black 5dr sold at merlin car auctions about a month ago for €9,300 - bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭victor1

as mostly mentioned already
    A3/Golf/polo/astra/skoda - or any toyota, 1.6 avensis' really come down in price, prob related to engine power Vs heavy enough car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Thanks for the suggestions so far. The Seat looks interesting. We may be going to UK to buy, so will save a few bob there.

Any views on the Mazda 3 which somebody recommended to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks for the suggestions so far. The Seat looks interesting. We may be going to UK to buy, so will save a few bob there.

Any views on the Mazda 3 which somebody recommended to me?

The Mazda 3 has a 1.6 diesel option. It is the same engine used in Peugeot/Citroen/Ford and Volvo.

Also have a look at the Ford Focus which the Mazda 3 is based on, they can be bought for silly money in the UK and have a wide range of trims and specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Bumpercar !;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement