Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax rate in OZ 50%???

Options
  • 09-01-2009 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody help me out on this?

Iv heard the tax rate in OZ for people on the work and travel visas is very high somewhere near 50% of your wages.

I was looking at a job that pays 35/Hr so a 40 hr week = 1400 dollars.

How much of this wage would most likely be taxed?

ball park figure will do thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mack81

i worked and earned about the 1200 a week and brought home about 700 Dollars after tax.

Bear in mind you can claim a ot of the tax you paid back when you leave or at the end of the tax year. Its actually a good way to save. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I don't know about the tax rates or whatever never bothered finding out about them. But I though it was in the region of 20% tax, and 8-9% superannuation. The 20% can be increased depending on your earnings the same way as Ireland.

As an example for you I earned 4107.18 for 21 hours work, 919 was taken for PAYG and 369.65 for Superannuation. So 4107.18 became 3188.18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Depends on what you earn.

The tax rate bands can be seen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Andystoran

thanks

Advertisement