Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke Vs Liverpool - 10/1/09 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Brilliant result :D well done Stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Brilliant result :D well done Stoke

up the stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

super stoke..thought they played very well over all gave liverpool no space at all even rory delap was winning 50/50's with masch.

preasure gets to liverpool exactly as alex said it would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Good thing Benitez took the pressure off the players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

brilliant.. now have to wait until tomorrow..agh not looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Game over... Liverpool were shocking

Fergie will be pissing himself after that, silly of Benitez to Keegan himself before such a big weekend

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Well, that's the league gone for sure.

I for one welcome our Man Utd fan overlords to this thread. For everyone else, the door is thata way..
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Unearthly wrote: »
    Good thing Benitez took the pressure off the players!
    He is a mastermind dont ya know.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

And there goes that "comfortable" lead. United win the games in hand and they're 2 points ahead! Have to be won I know but it's not gonna help rafa sleep at night!

Brilliant result....hopefully this is the start of a run for Pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

United win the 3 in hand and go clear at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Seems that we need to make the ref make some decisions and send off one of their players like ferguson did when they played them. That seemed to work for Man U, oh hang on, maybe Rafa knew what he was on about ;)

Rafa is an idiot, pressure got to him.

That's the league sown up for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

The title is Chelsea's to lose now.:rolleyes:

lololololl stupid RAfa!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Good result. Im pretty delighted that a good stoke performance got rewarded. No lucky last minute goal for the pool.

Now to do the hard work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

WHAT?

Riera was out best player today and delivered some cracking balls into the box in the 1st half. No way should he have been subbed.
    what he was terrible constantly giving the ball away mind you you would do well to pick a good performance from anyone. it was shocking stuff no ambition what so ever never got forward in numbers and were lucky to come away wiyh a point

I bet Rafa is really happy he went on a keego rant yesterday now :rolleyes:

spockety wrote: »
    Well, that's the league gone for sure.

I for one welcome our Man Utd fan overlords to this thread. For everyone else, the door is thata way..
    >

This is what its all about. When we don't win your boys will come in. It's called "title race banter" and adds to the enjoyment factor of footy.

One has to question the wisdom of "the rant" now though. Very flat performance for Pool.

EDIT: Any chance you couldd keep the one liners to one post there spockety? There are better ways to up your postcount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Clearly all is lost

/throws self off cliff.

• Advertisement

Liverpool bottled it yet again. You need to beating the likes of your Stokes and your Accrington Stanleys to win the league.

lololololl stupid RAfa!!!

Spockety has cracked :D

Seems that we need to make the ref make some decisions and send off one of their players like ferguson did when they played them. That seemed to work for Man U, oh hang on, maybe Rafa knew what he was on about ;)

like ye's did at city?

where else this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

are you taking the piss?

Stoke did wat they do. They were on course to doing the same to the mighty Utd until they got a player sent off.

we've still as much of a chance as anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whats the story with keane on the bench

amazing decision not to bring him on

its probly pressure

Spockety quit making a retard of yourself and deflecting from what was a terrible liverpool performance.

This is what its all about. When we don't win your boys will come in. It's called "title race banter" and adds to the enjoyment factor of footy.

One has to question the wisdom of "the rant" now though. Very flat performance for Pool.

Dude! What are you talking about? I AGREE WITH YOU!

Liverpool are stupid and Rafa is an idiot.. BOTTLERS!!!!!

This is when United ramp up usually!! Title for sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ntlbell wrote: »
    like ye's did at city?

is this thread gone bonkers? that was a shocking tackle at City.

Spockety quit making a retard of yourself and deflecting from what was a terrible liverpool performance.
    I am sure spockety is taking the piss , jesus lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I really hate Sidwell, does any one else?

• Advertisement

Now now. The ref was right to send him off in that game. I doubt you'll find too many people who'll argue against that one especially as it was a second yellow not a straight red. Same way Lucas was persistently fouling.........poor Liverpool;, nothing goes their way :rolleyes:

Boggles wrote: »
    I really hate Sidwell, does any one else?
    So do I but why lol, he wasnt involved.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    are you taking the piss?

Stoke did wat they do. They were on course to doing the same to the mighty Utd until they got a player sent off.

lol

how many teams have liverpool beaten this year against 10 men compared to united?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Brilliant result....hopefully this is the start of a run for Pool.

This should cheer you up. Tis our 5th draw in our last 8 games ;) We are on quite the run already :D

is this thread gone bonkers? that was a shocking tackle at City.

and it was a second yellow at stoke...

good man

This should cheer you up. Tis our 5th draw in our last 8 games ;) We are on quite the run already :D
    You shouldnt highlight this sort of stuff dude, Mr Alan will beat you over the head!!

you mean until their "kick the sh1te outta any United player near the ball" cost them a man. Tough. Win ugly and win leagues.

True that but that leads not so comfortable!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

i think utd fans are the reason i hate utd so much BAFOONS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Very frustrating game. One of the worst performances of the season. Its very hard to pick out any good performances. Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun & Kuyt were all awful. We really missed Alonso...but mostly, I blame the team selection.

Mascherano and Lucas barely got over the half way line, yet both lasted the full 90 in a game which we were struggling to score in. Meanwhile, Robbie Keane sits on the bench. Im sorry, but that just doesnt make sense to me.

How come any time United, Chelsea or Arsenal are playing each other and we have an easy game, we end up bottling it ? Its happened numerous times this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the trolls are out in force i see as usual :rolleyes:

anyways to the non trolls, terrible performance, i have a feeling that won't be the last time i say that this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

At least the borefest tomorrows game is likely to be wont be as bad as todays game.

Sorry guys, I was just trying to get into the spirit of the thread... :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

He should have been tearing the Stoke full-back apart. He didn't once look like he could create a truly decent chance.

Gerrard on the other hand was unlucky not to score.

Like Ronaldo should have done time and time again when United faced Stoke? Football doesn't always work like that sadly.

Come on now mate, Riera whipped in a few suberb crosses. Not his fault if he has Kuyt upfront now who is barely more like a midfielder than a striker. He(Riera) wasn't amazing in every department by any means but he did his part in creating some very decent chances.

Gerrard was massively unlucky not to score. But he was quiet and the game cause of how packed in was in the center by-passed him somewhat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Rafa looked well on his way to another one of his episodes at the end of the match, maybe the kidney doctor says his fine, but the head doctors want him kept away from the general population. :D
    Tusky wrote: »
    How come any time United, Chelsea or Arsenal are playing each other and we have an easy game, we end up bottling it ? Its happened numerous times this season.

One reason would be Rafa refusing to play any of his strikers.

Actually this is true. Problem is so far everytime you fúck up, so do the others!!! We still have to win tomorrow (though a draw + wins in the other 2 games in hand sees us go level :))

Ditto ;)

Don't be so sensitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yet another tactically inept performance from the Liverpool manager.

Its horryfying to watch and its even more head bangingly annoying when you just know that a simple 4-4-2 formation with Torres and Keane up front would have a much better chance of getting the result that Liverpool wanted.

You Liverpool fans can say what you want but for me its clear that Benitez does not have an earthly clue how to read a game and improve his team, lest they go behind that is.

Look at the approach that Benitez takes when Liverpool go behind early, he unleashes the attacking prowess that Liverpool possess, but as long as its nil fcuking nil, he does not seem to realise that you need three points against the poorer sides if you are going to win the league. Very same as last season.

Plea to Torres. Get yourself the fcuk away from Benitez before you end up becoming a hopeless case. You were superb before you came to Liverpool but I fear you will lose your chance to become one of the best the game has seen if you stay with Benitez.

Thought Etherington was very good for Stoke today, gave them a whole new dimension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's buffoon dude...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Chong wrote: »
    You shouldnt highlight this sort of stuff dude, Mr Alan will beat you over the head!!

Tis information that is already out in the open ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

United weren't particularly convincing at Stoke, they only won after Stoke had a man sent off, up until then they weren't looking like scoring whatsoever. Arsenal and Spurs both lost this fixture so you have to give the home side some credit.

Not sure why Torres didn't start. Presumably Rafa had expected Stoke to run themselves into the ground for 60 minutes and then have Torres exploit their tiredness.

Not many positives to take from today's game, other than as I say United, Arsenal and Spurs were equally poor but it is clutching at straws a bit.

I just hope Chelsea pick up a result be it a win or draw tommorow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement