Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke Vs Liverpool - 10/1/09 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mr Alan wrote: »
    are you taking the piss?

Stoke did wat they do. They were on course to doing the same to the mighty Utd until they got a player sent off.

we've still as much of a chance as anyone.

united 5 stoke 0 11 v 11

what's your excuse for the anfield result?

lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tusky wrote: »
    Very frustrating game. One of the worst performances of the season. Its very hard to pick out any good performances. Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun & Kuyt were all awful. We really missed Alonso...but mostly, I blame the team selection.

Mascherano and Lucas barely got over the half way line, yet both lasted the full 90 in a game which we were struggling to score in. Meanwhile, Robbie Keane sits on the bench. Im sorry, but that just doesnt make sense to me.

How come any time United, Chelsea or Arsenal are playing each other and we have an easy game, we end up bottling it ? Its happened numerous times this season.

how come when things are going great you stfu but as soon as theres a bad performance you are out of the woodwork with your tactical genius ready to point out what we should have done?

ntlbell wrote: »
    what's your excuse for the anfield result?

having a perfectly good goal disallowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

United weren't particularly convincing at Stoke, they only won after Stoke had a man sent off, up until then they weren't looking like scoring whatsoever.

75% Possession and 21 shots at goal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yet another tactically inept performance from the Liverpool manager.

Its horryfying to watch and its even more head bangingly annoying when you just know that a simple 4-4-2 formation with Torres and Keane up front would have a much better chance of getting the result that Liverpool wanted.

You Liverpool fans can say what you want but for me its clear that Benitez does not have an earthly clue how to read a game and improve his team, lest they go behind that is.

Look at the approach that Benitez takes when Liverpool go behind early, he unleashes the attacking prowess that Liverpool possess, but as long as its nil fcuking nil, he does not seem to realise that you need three points against the poorer sides if you are going to win the league. Very same as last season.

Plea to Torres. Get yourself the fcuk away from Benitez before you end up becoming a hopeless case. You were superb before you came to Liverpool but I fear you will lose your chance to become one of the best the game has seen if you stay with Benitez.
    I am really starting to like your posts dude .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thought Etherington was very good for Stoke today, gave them a whole new dimension.

You mean he gave tham a dimension ;)

having a perfectly good goal disallowed?

like stoke this afternoon?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Before I depart this thread, I have only one thing to say to my fellow Liverpool supporters, as well as all of the welcome visitors who have come here to offer us their appreciated analysis:

LIVERPOOL, TOP OF THE LEAGUE, LIVERPOOL LIVERPOOL TOP OF THE LEAGUE
    :D

Its horryfying to watch and its even more head bangingly annoying when you just know that a simple 4-4-2 formation with Torres and Keane up front would have a much better chance of getting the result that Liverpool wanted.

You Liverpool fans can say what you want but for me its clear that Benitez does not have an earthly clue how to read a game and improve his team, lest they go behind that is.

Look at the approach that Benitez takes when Liverpool go behind early, he unleashes the attacking prowess that Liverpool possess, but as long as its nil fcuking nil, he does not seem to realise that you need three points against the poorer sides if you are going to win the league. Very same as last season.

Plea to Torres. Get yourself the fcuk away from Benitez before you end up becoming a hopeless case. You were superb before you came to Liverpool but I fear you will lose your chance to become one of the best the game has seen if you stay with Benitez.

you really are among the most shambolic of posters around these parts. I actually cant remember the last time you said anything that wasnt negative horrible bile spewing from your mouth-and i mean that in regards to any topic not just this one.

you really think Rafa doesnt have "an earthly clue how to read the game or improve his side"?

are you really saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Same formation and system as it was against Newcastle, which justifies using the same tactics today IMO.

Lucas needs to bulk up a bit, badly.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    75% Possession and 21 shots at goal. :rolleyes:

How many shots did liverpool have on goal today?

3?

you really are among the most shambolic of posters around these parts.

you really think Rafa doesnt have "an earthly clue how to read the game or improve his side"?

are you really saying that?

well he likes to prove otherwise

even the commentators were slagging lucas lol

like stoke this afternoon?

em, that didnt happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

stick to your playstation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

How bad was Lucas?
    donkey-776593.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

lol setanta journalist grilling benitez about the press confrence.

How many shots did liverpool have on goal today?

3?

Be fair, 5.

em, that didnt happen.

who decides it didn't happen?

the ref? linesman?

who dceided at anfield?

the cleaning lady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Quint wrote: »
    How bad was Lucas?
    donkey-776593.jpg

thats a bit of an injustice on the donkey

• Advertisement

Jesus, Benitez looks really rattled and stressed! (*)

(* Note, may not be accurate)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Random Person : So Mormank, how do you think torres played today??

Mormank : Well im glad you asked me that, here are a few notes i prepared earlier just for this question...

the sooner a european super league happens the better..i for one am sick and tired playing against these ****ttttttttyyyy premier league teams and just trying to break down 11 men all the time...its so boring when only one team tries to win a match...cut up what i just said all ye like, ye know full well what i mean and the prem league is two or 3 tiered anyway so might aswell just take out the top few and let villa and everton battle it out for supremacy..

it is soooooo annoying being a pool fan..honestly is. i remember last year my utd friends had so many days where they would jump for joy etc at results and games and then be confident of winning the league...even after the newki result i just knew we would mess it up...we always do!! this may sound like a huge overreaction to an away draw to stoke but its not, its genuine dismay at years and years of puttin up with this bull..week in week out we cannot even be confident of beatin mediocre teams, cant remember the last time i was truly confident of beatin a team..i know i said that i thought the pool would win by 2 but i didnt really believe that deep down..

i think itd be easier being a spurs fan, at least every year you know what to expect, im tired of constantly expectin(hoping) for a real challenge and never gettin it...i think the point people are making about liverpool only being on top cos no one else has made a real challenge is valid, yes we may win the league like this but nobody will ever look back at this potebtial title winning team fondly like they would utds last year or invincibles in 04 or whatever...

And that is how i think Torres played today...::puts away A4 sheets and relaxes::

the ref? linesman?

who dceided at anfield?

the cleaning lady?

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Quint wrote: »
    How bad was Lucas?
    donkey-776593.jpg

I would sign that donkey(actual Donkey not lucas) to play instead of nani.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Mascherano was no better than Lucas, btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Actually this is true. Problem is so far everytime you fúck up, so do the others!!! We still have to win tomorrow (though a draw + wins in the other 2 games in hand sees us go level :)) .

And I expect it continue for the rest of the season. None of Liverpool, United or Chelsea are playing remotely near their potential and will continue to drop points that you wouldn't normally expect them to drop.

What I find hilarious is that if United do win tomorrow, Villa are only 1 point behind Chelsea..

You are entitled to your opinion and some of your points are pretty reasonable. Saying that, your assessment of Rafa's tactics and your general opinion of him of a manager are far too extreme and will ultimately lead to your opinions being ignored.

Liverpool have regularly played a 4-4-2 formation this season and it was generally unsuccessful. The squad of players are suited to and perform best in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I know this as our point haul is far higher when we used this setup. You also need to consider how successful that this formation has been in Europe.

• Advertisement

the ref? linesman?

who dceided at anfield?

the cleaning lady?
    tommy tiernan cant make vicar street tonight wants to know can you stand in ntlbell

mormank wrote: »
    Random Person : So Mormank, how do you think torres played today??

Mormank : Well im glad you asked me that, here are a few notes i prepared earlier just for this question...

the sooner a european super league happens the better..i for one am sick and tired playing against these ****ttttttttyyyy premier league teams and just trying to break down 11 men all the time...its so boring when only one team tries to win a match...cut up what i just said all ye like, ye know full well what i mean and the prem league is two or 3 tiered anyway so might aswell just take out the top few and let villa and everton battle it out for supremacy..

it is soooooo annoying being a pool fan..honestly is. i remember last year my utd friends had so many days where they would jump for joy etc at results and games and then be confident of winning the league...even after the newki result i just knew we would mess it up...we always do!! this may sound like a huge overreaction to an away draw to stoke but its not, its genuine dismay at years and years of puttin up with this bull..week in week out we cannot even be confident of beatin mediocre teams, cant remember the last time i was truly confident of beatin a team..i know i said that i thought the pool would win by 2 but i didnt really believe that deep down..

i think itd be easier being a spurs fan, at least every year you know what to expect, im tired of constantly expectin(hoping) for a real challenge and never gettin it...i think the point people are making about liverpool only being on top cos no one else has made a real challenge is valid, yes we may win the league like this but nobody will ever look back at this potebtial title winning team fondly like they would utds last year or invincibles in 04 or whatever...

And that is how i think Torres played today...::puts away A4 sheets and relaxes::

*hands Mormank a note*

Mormank: "What? Top of the league? .. Are you sure?

*nods*

Mormank: :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

United weren't particularly convincing at Stoke, they only won after Stoke had a man sent off, up until then they weren't looking like scoring whatsoever. Arsenal and Spurs both lost this fixture so you have to give the home side some credit..

Shush!! These things only happen to Liverpool.

tommy tiernan cant make vicar street tonight wants to know can you stand in ntlbee

not tonight my friend

i'm having a stoke city celbration party in the gaff...

another time..

spockety wrote: »
    *hands Mormank a note*

Mormank: "What? Top of the league? .. Are you sure?

*nods*

Mormank: :D:D:D

so were hull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I would sign that donkey(actual Donkey not lucas) to play instead of nani.

Ye but nani will prob be getting the premiership medal at the end of the year either way...

so were hull

Not any more my friend, not any more. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

one of the most moronic posts i have ever read. Torres' career was in a real rut until Benitez took a chance on him. Now he's widely regarded as the best striker in the world. Cop on

widely regarded as the best striker in the world. Cop on

Widely regarded by Liverpool fans to be fair.

not tonight my friend

i'm having a stoke city celbration party in the gaff...

another time..

Me too, just to make up for the overflow of fellow stoke city appreciators from your gaff!

Not any more my friend, not any more. :D

i'd get used to that phrase ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Mascherano was no better than Lucas, btw.

Lucas seemed to constantly give the ball away with terrible passes and foul people. Mascherano was just anonymous

i'd get used to that phrase ;)

So would I if I were you.

Check, and mate.

To be fair, Stoke away is a very tough game.

one of the most moronic posts i have ever read. Torres' career was in a real rut until Benitez took a chance on him. Now he's widely regarded as the best striker in the world. Cop on

but he's not ronaldo is

• Advertisement

Stoke at home can be just as hard. :D

So would I if I were you.

Check, and mate.

want to have a friendly 1k wager?

i'm serious...

just to make to put a bit of excitimnent in it

so too is stoke at home... bahaha

yes it will be interesting to see how United and Chelsea do there...

oh wait...

the ref? linesman?

who dceided at anfield?

the cleaning lady?

I am lost as to the point you are making.

At Anfield, the officials disallowed a goal, that was in actual fact on viewing the replays, perfectly legitimate. Today, they disallowed a goal, which on viewing the replays, was two yards offside.

in summary.....decision at Anfield-incorrect, decision today, correct.

thank fcuk xavi is in bed

want to have a friendly 1k wager?

i'm serious...

just to make to put a bit of excitimnent in it

A 1k wager you say?

Ok, I bet you 1,000 euro that Liverpool beat United at Anfield earlier this season.

lolz didn't see that one coming did ya! Pay up mofo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the boggles - ntlbell tag team in full effect here i see. Legion of Doom eat your heart out.

terrible match. liverpool were awful. sloppy, unambitious & disappointing. our starting line up was questionable to say the least and to say the most - why the hell are we starting kuyt up front with torres and keane on the bench. sure torres may not be fully fit but robbie was grand.

A 1k wager you say?

Ok, I bet you 1,000 euro that Liverpool beat United at Anfield earlier this season.

lolz didn't see that one coming did ya! Pay up mofo!

come on seriously...

1k....

and i'll promise not to post in a liverpool match thread for the rest of the season

how can you refuse that?

Jazzy wrote: »
    the boggles - ntlbell tag team in full effect here i see. Legion of Doom eat your heart out.

sorry what

0,,10424%7E3193232,00.jpg

• Advertisement

come on seriously...
    1k....
    and i'll promise not to post in a liverpool match thread for the rest of the season
    how can you refuse that?

What odds are you giving me?

I presume you are going to take account of the fact that Rafa is a rubbish manager, Liverpool have a cr*p squad, and I don't actually personally think they are going to win it?

I'll give ya 10 quid if United win the league, you give me 1000 if Liverpool win it. Come on, seriously. How can you refuse that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement