Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching Premiership Games in Madrid

• 09-01-2009 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Anyone here know a pub with a good atmosphere for watching english premiership games in Madrid? Ideally somewhere near central Madrid so I don't have to travel too far. I want to watch the Man Utd vs Chelsea game this weekend and need head out to the pub to see it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

There's an irish pub on the main street heading towards the roteiro if i remember correctly that shows premiership matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Redout is your man tbh, he is in Madrid currently and supports Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

O'Connell Street just off Sol is pretty good

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'll be needing a tip for amsterdam myself - going to be there for the pool vs. chelsea game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

gustavo wrote: »
    O'Connell Street just off Sol is pretty good

O'Connells just off of Puerta del Sol is a top place if you are in the city centre. Big, noisy and mostly full of ex-pats. They show all games. If you are into a more intimate atmosphere like myself then there is a nice little Irish bar off Plaza Mayor about a 3min walk from Sol. Moore's is the name. If standing in Puerta del Sol look for McDonalds and walk up that street (not the lane at side of McDonalds)It is on a little side lane with an entrance to the under ground carpark under Plaza Mayor. They have the big screen, Guinness, pub grub and a pool table.

Here is a link to some Irish bars.

http://www.madrid-tourist-guide.com/en/bar/madrid-irish-bar.html

EDIT: I just checked the tv listings and the match is on Teledeporte at 5pm on sunday. If you are in a hotel then that station should be on your tv as its a free station. Just check your tv. Its logo will be "tdp" on screen.

Check this handy little site as it tells you exactly what games are on tv in Spain every week.

http://www.futbolenlatele.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement