Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much should I expect to pay?

Options
  • 09-01-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Boards.ie people! 1st Post so hopefully It'll adhere to the forum rules!

I have a nissan almera, 2002, 3 Door Hatchback

I am looking to have some work done on it as follows:

Full Service
    Tighten Handbrake (Seems to be "biting" a bit too high for my liking)
    Adjust Front Lights (Beam too Short)
    Re-Align Front Wheels (Car is Fond of Driving to the left at times!)

It's essentially the first time I've had to bring a car to a mechanic so don't really know what to expect to pay.

Would appreciate suggestions on Price and any mechanics or garage recommendations, I'm based in North Dublin.

Thanks again folks, I look forward to your advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

About €150 in Dublin I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just guide prices:

Full service: Somewhere between 180 and 200 Euro

A decent mechanic would adjust the handbrake without charging you extra and also adjust the headlamps if necessary, again without an extra charge.

But you'll probably end up being charged around 20 Euro for headlamp alignment although if I was servicing the car, I'd treat this task as part of the service, same goes for the handbrake adjustment.

Advertisement