Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb kicks me off when i start downloading

Options
  • 09-01-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi i want to know if anyone has any similar issues,normally it works grand and the speed is relatively ok but as soon as i start to download a torrent or any significant file it jsut start to go down and down untill i only have local access..any help would be appreciated,its weird because it only started to happen recently and it worked fine connected directly to my pc but its the laptop thats acting up which is brand new..beuler anybody ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

I dunno mate, But got mobile bb and the past couple of days when ever i go online to play some online games my Ping and Latency go through the roof and the game becomes unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

mobile internet is useless for gaming. You`ll never achieve playable pings

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Which Digiweb service?
    What OS have you?
    How is PC/Laptop connected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

I have digiweb metro broadband that receives the signal from a tower down near tyrellstown and i am in blanchardstown,the signal strenght seems strong..i used to use the same connection directly into my pc and torrents were fine..so i have the router in the bedrrom and keep the laptop in the kitchen to connect wirelessly to the router upstairs and its encrypted also

anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?..I had a feeling it might be my AV software??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what router is it?

quite a few routers will have a sh1t fit when faced with several hundred symultaneous connections from a torrent download.

i googled local access and vista doesnt like ipv6 so i disabled it and bobs your uncle!

Advertisement