Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Big Planet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

btw if you want to see what your competition is like, try out these levels. Astounding is the only word, I've played a few of them and they make the official SP LBP levels look like a child made them.

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=204589#post204589

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That site is great, seems to be a better community there for helping each other out than the Official Workshop. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Grayditch wrote: »
    That site is great, seems to be a better community there for helping each other out than the Official Workshop. Cheers for that.

Yeah it does, the people there really know their stuff also. Most cutting edge contraptions and devices seem to be coming from this forum. Check out their teleportation devices and complex logic arrays

I can understand why the devs of Mm are surprised by some of the levels, some of the contraptions are fairly heavily maths based, relying on arrays of boolean logic gates. I covered all of this whilst doing my electronic engineering degree, never thought I'd ever need to use it though... until now :p

First thing I'll be doing when I get home is building a bunch of reproducible logic gate devices that I can string together. I'd say they will come in real handy when building bosses with a series of weak points and variable destruction results.

Yeah I need to learn about teleportation.

The boss I made is kinda semi-complicated. He jerks around quite a bit, which used to make parts of him break off randomly, but it's all sorted now. I think it relied more on the fundamentals of puppetry than anything else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Grayditch wrote: »
    Finished my first level last night.

PSN - Snorkledork
    Level -Trouble At The Orphanage.

I can finally get some sleep now.

I'm shattered so i might chill out tonight playing LBP. I'll have a look for your level.

Tbh, I haven't given this game the time it deserves.

• Advertisement

Ah, cheers. Yeah, I gave it up for a long time to play Fallout 3, but I got back into it this month. It's such a time consuming game editing-wise, but you get back what you put in. I find mapping a level very hard, maybe drawing a level idea out would be better. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Grayditch,

You level is pretty good but i had trouble shooting the monster in the chest.

I also tried one of those levels from Lem's link. Escape From Transylvania! - The creators cut is really good. Looks amazing in HD.

I think I could do with slowing down that rotating tri-peice within the chest, it's too easy to hit the Danger buttons intead of the heart. Cheers for playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone still playing this?

Last time I played it was when they announced the 1 millionth level.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

hey havent got the game, just wondering what the exact goal of it is, like how do you finish it?

thinking of getin it....dwn to 20e most places now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cokeistan wrote: »
    hey havent got the game, just wondering what the exact goal of it is, like how do you finish it?

thinking of getin it....dwn to 20e most places now

There is a full single player game included. I forget how many levels maybe about 50 and they are split into several worlds. Just like any platform game the aim is to beat all the levels.

You don't even need to worry about the whole creation side of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I always loved the look of this, but i still havent picked it up yet. Its only €15 as well, so i'm not really sure whats stopping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Kiith wrote: »
    I always loved the look of this, but i still havent picked it up yet. Its only €15 as well, so i'm not really sure whats stopping me.
    There is a demo of it available now on the PSN store, so you could always try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Havent played it in ages, actually id sell my copy for €10 if anyone is interested. It's the US version btw :pac:

CC

Advertisement