Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez not happy with Fergie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    On games played and results gotten thus far, liverpool are the best team in the league. Nothing matters beyond points, and pool have more then anyone else. We'll see if this is still true in a few months time, but as for now, the wheels have Not come off.

Ntlbell, did you not read what you quoted? It says a reporter asked a random question which rafa Did Not answer, instead saying everything he had planned to say.

The best team in the league is not governed by the current league, the holders are the best team in the league until they lose their title. Are you telling me you think the team top of the league on day one are the best team in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Ntlbell, did you not read what you quoted? It says a reporter asked a random question which rafa Did Not answer, instead saying everything he had planned to say.

which was a retort to alex's comments......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Draupnir wrote: »
    That's looking at it from the most self serving and abstract point of view though. That viewpoint ignores the fact that you are not the best team in the league and that, since medals aren't given out at Christmas, being top now wins you nothing.

Note the "so far" in my post.. I am not claiming victory, nor do I even think we will win the league. However, you saying that Liverpool are only top of the league as a result of the trailing teams being poor is also the same as Liverpool are only on top as a result of them being better than the trailing teams so far this season.

You can have your own opinions on Liverpool all you like but they are presently top of the league and deserving of this position considering they have beaten the two teams that you will argue are actually better than them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The best team in the league is not governed by the current league, the holders are the best team in the league until they lose their title. Are you telling me you think the team top of the league on day one are the best team in the league?

The year after Blackburn won the title, they finished 7th. Were they the best team in the league that year?

Ah give it a break will you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No, that wouldn't be fair to say, at that point everyone would have to admit that Liverpool were the best side in the league this season. It is the reason that clubs value leagues so highly, you HAVE to be the best to win them, you don't have to be the best to be top at Christmas though.

It's like the 10,000m at the Olympics, there is always some headless cabbage setting the pace until the last few laps. He doesn't get a medal though.
    Pretty nonsensical comparison. In a race like that, the runner can make a conscious decision to go ahead, to his detriment later. Liverpool have not sacrificed anything to be ahead of the pack. They have no handicap for the second half of the season and can continue to compete on the same level playing field as the rest. A better comparison is the runner who is peaking at the right time, surprising the favourites.

7th was their FINAL position. FINAL positions count, no other positions count.

7th was their FINAL position. FINAL positions count, no other positions count.

Thats bóllox, ive had enough of you now. We'll just have to wait for May to see how full of shít you actually are

Pretty nonsensical comparison. In a race like that, the runner can make a conscious decision to go ahead, to his detriment later. Liverpool have not sacrificed anything to be ahead of the pack. They have no handicap for the second half of the season and can continue to compete on the same level playing field as the rest. A better comparison is the runner who is peaking at the right time, surprising the favourites.

How often have you seen one of the gormless cabbages peaking at the right time, from the front, and winning the 10,000m? Correct, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

It's like the 10,000m at the Olympics, there is always some headless cabbage setting the pace until the last few laps. He doesn't get a medal though.

he's probably in a rush to get on boards and rage about pool being top of the prem :pac:

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    which was a retort to alex's comments......
    Not so much a retort, more a 'oh stop whingeing'. After alex's comments about the schedule and wengers agreement, rather then actually commenting on that issue on which he was asked, rafa instead pointed out just how much alex has these rants and questioned why they are tolerated.

And we have a new addition to the ignore list.. You can have boggles spot.

Not so much a retort, more a 'oh stop whingeing'.

but the original point was no one cares

my point. raffa does.

someone elses point it wasn't a retort

your point it was stop the whinging

why if he doesn't care what alex says?

the fact is he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

oh a random question from a reporter

and he pulls out a here's one i prepared earlier sheet?

yes very random...

Did I say it was random? Was it Random? Do you think Rafa went into that conference thiinking, he'll never ask me about Whisky nose and his latest pathetic attempt at undermining us, will he? It's called being prepared. YEs he did have a list, and unlike you, he also showed the opportunity to be able to read what was in front of him.
    Not so much a retort, more a 'oh stop whingeing'.
    Exactly.

but the original point was no one cares

my point. raffa does.

someone elses point it wasn't a retort

your point it was stop the whinging

why if he doesn't care what alex says?

the fact is he does.
    I just elaborated on my initial post. Rather then care about the topic alex raised, he instead ignored this and focused on the man himself. Ergo the comments didn't bring about his speech, the man himself did. As much as anything id imagine it was just a great oppartunity to have an unexpected pop at him before a big weekend

Hobart wrote: »
    Did I say it was random? Was it Random? Do you think Rafa went into that conference thiinking, he'll never ask me about Whisky nose and his latest pathetic attempt at undermining us, will he? It's called being prepared. YEs he did have a list, and unlike you, he also showed the opportunity to be able to read what was in front of him.

Exactly.

so my point stands.

he cares.

this penny has a long fall

I just elaborated on my initial post. Rather then care about the topic alex raised, he instead ignored this and focused on the man himself. Ergo the comments didn't bring about his speech, the man himself did. As much as anything id imagine it was just a great oppartunity to have an unexpected pop at him before a big weekend

so your saying if alex hadn't have said what he did raffa would of prepared that embarassing list?

i think not

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

*Rafa

It's not that hard., in fact, it's actually easier.

*Rafa

It's not that hard., in fact, it's actually easier.

your contribution has been noted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Looks like Rafa has a fair few of the United fans ruffled?

Why all the concern if he's gonna get sacked and Liverpool aren't gonna win anything?

Rafa 1 - Internet 0 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

themont85 wrote: »
    I personally thought it was rather pathetic that he came up with a dossier about Fergie. He lacks the quick wit or the ability to brush of comments without making a huge fuss about them.

Maybe if Mr Ferguson had to reply in Spanish he'd use notes also. Apparently Rafa has very quick wit in Spanish

zAbbo wrote: »
    Looks like Rafa has a fair few of the United fans ruffled?

While all the concern if he's gonna get sacked and Liverpool aren't gonna win anything?

Rafa 1 - Internet 0 ;)

he has us giggling...dunno about ruffled

your contribution has been noted.

Excellent, thanks.

I will say though, Rafa is not one to make hasty decisions and I'm almost certain he would've had something like this planned for quite a while. He would've also made sure that everyone at the club was aware of what he was going to do, from players to coaches to press officers etc, so it should not have an affect on the teams performance, which is really all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

Note the "so far" in my post.. I am not claiming victory, nor do I even think we will win the league. However, you saying that Liverpool are only top of the league as a result of the trailing teams being poor is also the same as Liverpool are only on top as a result of them being better than the trailing teams so far this season.

You can have your own opinions on Liverpool all you like but they are presently top of the league and deserving of this position considering they have beaten the two teams that you will argue are actually better than them.

ye are saying the exact same thing just in opposite ways...funny how tone can change how something sounds..

Excellent, thanks.

I will say though, Rafa is not one to make hasty decisions and I'm almost certain he would've had something like this planned for quite a while. He would've also made sure that everyone at the club was aware of what he was going to do, from players to coaches to press officers etc, so it should not have an affect on the teams performance, which is really all that matters.

raffa should of used the time to practice it in the mirror first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Is there no end to ntlbell's amazing humour i ask?

Definitely, he could've perfected a Jamaican accent too to make it seem as if he really had gone mental, that would've been a much better idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

It's amazing just how much some man u fans are getting in a strop over this.:D Rafa you are the man.

mormank wrote: »
    ye are saying the exact same thing just in opposite ways...funny how tone can change how something sounds..

That was the whole point of my post......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

It's mad that the wheels are coming off at Liverpool already, even before they start inevitably sliding down to their rightful place in third.

Benitez and his rant just highlights who the big club now is, just in the same way that Ferguson's rant in 1988 (in a very similar vein) proved exactly who the big club was then. It also tells us what we already know, if Benitez doesn't win the league this year he is getting sacked.

I for one just hope the tide doesn't swing wildly as it did after 1988....
    Oh dear.

• Advertisement

so my point stands.

he cares.

this penny has a long fall

I've already said that he did not address Fergie's points. Maybe in ntlbell-land he did, but not in this world. Now, why don't you move along, and stop caring so much?

Hobart wrote: »
    I've already said that he did not address Fergie's points. Maybe in ntlbell-land he did, but not in this world. Now, why don't you move along, and stop caring so much?

ok so as i have asked all ready would raffa have done what he did if alex didn't mention the pool?

really??

ok so as i have asked all ready would raffa have done what he did if alex didn't mention the pool?

really??
    I don't think it was the fact that the poll were mentioned, it was the fact that Fergie was up to his usual tricks, which presented the reporter with the opportunity to ask the question.

Rafa was smart enough to ignore that question, and the rest is history.....:D

imo alex made his comment, rafa looked at the fixture list and thought 'awesome, ill have some of this!'

Well, maybe more like 'for sure, this timing is good for us, it gives me options, no?'

imo alex made his comment, rafa looked at the fixture list and thought 'awesome, ill have some of this!'

and ended up making a complete idiot out of himself.

fair play raffa

This place is fast becoming a retard rodeo..

fair play raffa

How exactly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Trolling? How?

Do you not agree that Ferguson was only making the EXACT same point in 1988 because he was jealous of the Liverpool success at the time and needed to attack the obviously bigger club at that time? It's just a simple role reversal now.

Yeah but the difference now is that Benitez is not attacking a bigger club. :D

fair play raffa
    This part, my friend, is all relative! Thats obviously your opinion, but not everyone's. I couldn't care less really, not embarrassed at all, but i much prefer the game of football to the pantomime that constantly surrounds it. If it causes alex even a moments thought, good stuff, if it doesn't, meh nothing to lose in reality. Pool will keep winning or they won't. This won't be affecting it.

Melion wrote: »
    How exactly?

by fumbling around with a bit of paper couldn't even remeber what he was upset about and generally looking like a 12yr old dribbling child

very very embarassing imo

• Advertisement

by fumbling around with a bit of paper couldn't even remeber what he was upset about and generally looking like a 12yr old dribbling child

Damn spaniards, not being able to speak english

I think we saw different conferences..

Your one sounds awesome tho!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Some people would say falling out with half the media in Manchester is going on like a 12yr old.

Melion wrote: »
    Damn spaniards, not being able to speak english

this affects his memory how?

he's always spanish, he doesn't always look like a lost boy.

he's usually very well capable of putting his point across

looked lost out of his dept and not used to been in the position he's in.

he should of watched a few mourinho tapes or arsne to see how to it with style and a touch of class.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Some people would say falling out with half the media in Manchester is going on like a 12yr old.

I'd rather alex talk to no one than make a fool of the club with that sort of embarassing carry on tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

he should of watched a few mourinho tapes or arsne to see how to it with style and a touch of class.

Mourinho? Class?

Pass the crack dude!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'd rather alex talk to no one than make a fool of the club with that sort of embarassing carry on tbh

again it's still only man utd fan's who think he did anything bar speak the gos honest truth about your sham of a manager and a club.

mayordenis wrote: »
    again it's still only man utd fan's who think he did anything bar speak the gos honest truth about your sham of a manager and a club.

sham of a manager

as keane would say..

"raffa, show us your medals"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Now you know now it feels like for everyone else when they read your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

sham of a manager

as keane would say..

"raffa, show us your medals"

Show us your job first Roy. :pac:

Advertisement