Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Benitez not happy with Fergie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

copacetic wrote: »
    heh heh, poor response from ferguson there, just a couple of digs at rafa. didn't really know what to say, you could see he was well put out by rafa but was scared to say anything in case he got accused of being taken in by mind games!

Christ the Liverpool delusion continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Highsider wrote: »
    Should have been a red. Makes a mockery of the so called "respect campaign"....Doubt the press will talk about it mind you,but if that had have been Ballack or Drogba making that challange and then giving the ref a earful do you think they would'nt have been off ?

They would have, But if it had been ronaldo he would of been off straight away.

If john terry or gerard behaved the way rooney did they would also get a lesser punishment than a forien player.

I dont condone rooneys behavior at all today but I dont think being a utd player had anything to do with him not getting carded for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

heh heh, poor response from ferguson there, just a couple of digs at rafa. didn't really know what to say, you could see he was well put out by rafa but was scared to say anything in case he got accused of being taken in by mind games!

I think Ferguson let his players do the talking and they did it in style

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL at ferguson calling Rafa bitter, the phrase look in the mirror comes to mind.

LOL also at certain man u fans puting "sir alex" into almost all their posts, its fecking hilarious.

I do agree its English players treated differently more so than man u ones in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I suppose the fact that Rooney was correct doesn't have anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

Rafa has just ignited United's season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Bah this row between fergie and benitez is fairly crap.

Bring back morinio he knows how to wind teams.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Villain wrote: »
    I think Ferguson let his players do the talking and they did it in style

except he didn't, he came out and talked about it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

K4t wrote: »
    Rafa has just ignited United's season!
    woke the sleeping beast :pac:

So your feel Rooney was correct to kick a player from behind and then tell the ref to fcuk off?

The mind boggles :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

K4t wrote: »
    I suppose the fact that Rooney was correct doesn't have anything to do with it? :rolleyes:

Correct with the kicking out or correct with dismissing the ref when he called him over?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

except he didn't, he came out and talked about it:confused:

He said very little, about 15 words in the interview I saw, did he give any other interviews?

Villain wrote: »
    He said very little, about 15 words in the interview I saw, did he give any other interviews?

you said he didn't talk about it, he did. much more than 15 words too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Dcully wrote: »
    LOL also at certain man u fans puting "sir alex" into almost all their posts, its fecking hilarious.

Not half as funny as claims of Sir Alex being 'scared'. :D

He said "He's obviously angry about something", said his facts were wrong, then said we'll just concentrate on chasing the leaders.

If you take that as him being wound up I'd seriously question peoples sanity.

I didnt hear him say much either to be fair, he did take a dig calling Rafa disturbed but he certainly didnt go off on one or anything. Anyway, had Fergie come out with a rant it would have been seen as rising to whatever bait Rafa left with his remarks, making him every bit as bad if not worse.

• Advertisement

Who said scared?
    I think youll find Benitez used the word nervous :D

Although after todays results its both Liverpool and Chelsea who are nervous tonight.

He said "He's obviously angry about something", said his facts were wrong, then said we'll just concentrate on chasing the leaders.

If you take that as him being wound up I'd seriously question peoples sanity.

he called him 'disturbed' ffs. I call that wound up. You're right though, I'd question anyones sanity who can't see that.

making him every bit as bad if not worse

Seriously wtf are you on?
    What was bad about it?

It was just facts.

eddiehead wrote: »
    I didnt hear him say much either to be fair, he did take a dig calling Rafa disturbed but he certainly didnt go off on one or anything. Anyway, had Fergie come out with a rant it would have been seen as rising to whatever bait Rafa left with his remarks, making him every bit as bad if not worse.

agreed, thats what I said above. He had a few major pauses where you could see he was dying to say more imo, but didn't want to risk it in case he was seen as losing the 'mind games'

he called him 'disturbed' ffs. I call that wound up.

It was nothing more than a petty dig, perfectly within his rights IMO considering Rafa had a speech prepared

• Advertisement

Who said scared?
    I think youll find Benitez used the word nervous :D

Although after todays results its both Liverpool and Chelsea who are nervous tonight.

I think nervous is an understatement in Chelsea's case. On that showing, I'd be more worried about Villa.
    he called him 'disturbed' ffs. I call that wound up. You're right though, I'd question anyones sanity who can't see that.

He called him 'disturbed'? Yes, he's truly wound up. He could crush a grape.

eddiehead wrote: »
    It was nothing more than a petty dig, perfectly within his rights IMO considering Rafa had a speech prepared

again, agreeing with you:confused:. You don't come out with 'petty digs' like that unless you are wound up. He is within his rights to say whatever the feck he wants.

On that showing, I'd be more worried about Villa.

Very true.

Ive always thought Man U were the ones for Liverpool to worry about more than chelsea but i wouldnt rule out any of the top 3 for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Benitez needs to keep his mouth shut in future, especially just before big games. He's rubbish at mind-games. His comments cost us dearly in the CL last season and cost us again this weekend.

Ardent wrote: »
    Benitez needs to keep his mouth shut in future, especially just before big games. He's rubbish at mind-games. His comments cost us dearly in the CL last season and cost us again this weekend.

I think Benitez was trying to take pressure off his own side but succeeded in exactly the opposite. Everyone will be watching for them to falter now. The title has been handed back in United's hands.

He's baiting. Like I said there are some delusional Liverpool fans around at present moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

im making an official request that this thread be closed until further notice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

mormank wrote: »
    Not an OFFICIAL request?! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

mormank wrote: »
    Its pointless at this stage.

And I'm making an "official request" that it isn't!!! Why close it? It'll just get talked about in the club threads....

• Advertisement

again, agreeing with you:confused:. You don't come out with 'petty digs' like that unless you are wound up.

I see where your coming from, all Im saying is he didnt seem even remotely rattled(well I suppose his team just beat Chelsea 3-0), I think it is slightly unfair to say he was wound up in any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Chong wrote: »
    Its pointless at this stage.

What's pointless? I just joined this thread late - you want to close it because...??

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I think Benitez was trying to take pressure off his own side but succeeded in exactly the opposite. Everyone will be watching for them to falter now. The title has been handed back in United's hands.

So what exactly was everyone doing BEFORE Rafa opened his mouth?:confused:. Be it right or wrong the majority of people were bangin' on about how Liverpool would blow it anyway, IMO what Rafa said made feck all difference.

Ardent wrote: »
    What's pointless? I just joined this thread late - you want to close it because...??
    Because its going to degenerate further in to a United V Pool Battle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Well the thread title is "Benitez not happy with Fergie" - Who do you want to talk about FFS, West Brom?

Fergie seemed genuinely concerned about Rafa's mental health. Hope he will be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

even i had enough of that

i dont want this forum closed tbh

but i can see it happening

The fundamental structure of the PL.

As much as I'd hate to see the Scousers win the League (or anything else), it's good to see two teams with an abundance of history and 'real' rivalry fighting it out for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Dave! wrote: »
    Not an OFFICIAL request?! :eek:

hmm lets hope i can make an official request to ban people i dont like....

Fergie wrote:
    Hopefully he will reflect and understand what he said was ridiculous.
    *Ouch* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

LOL at ferguson calling Rafa bitter, the phrase look in the mirror comes to mind.

Getting a bit bored with this but I have to call ya up on this one. Surely whether Benitez was right or wrong on his comments calling Fergie up on complaining about fixtures is as much pot n kettle as anything.

For someone who called for this thread to be closed, Rafa is only at it again.

RAFA Benitez has followed up his rant at Sir Alex Ferguson by questioning David Gill’s dual role as Manchester United chief executive as well as FA decision maker.

Gill has been on the FA board since replacing David Dein 30 months ago and is highly regarded.

Benitez, who will have a third operation to remove kidney stones on Wednesday, alleged that United had influenced how their fixture list was drawn up and that the FA were lenient in disciplining Ferguson.

Talking about Gill, who is also on the FA World Cup board bidding for the 2018 tournament, Benitez said: “It’s another fact. So maybe we will talk in another press conference about facts.

“One fact is that a person that has a lot of power and control and is on a lot of committees is in the FA. So, something is very strange.”

Benitez is ready to meet Ferguson face to face following his fierce criticism of him and says he has got massive support from fellow managers.

Benitez is fed up of Ferguson’s attacks on Liverpool, and is not afraid of getting the infamous hair-dryer treatment.

He said: “Would I meet Mr Ferguson face to face? I don’t have any problem.

“I have a lot of respect for him as a good manager. If he wants to talk about the weather we can talk about the weather.

“I don’t need to put pressure on Manchester United. They are under pressure, they know they are, because when you talk too much about another team that means you are under pressure. I need to change my mobile phone because it is blocked with messages.

“Are they from managers? I can’t talk to you about what they have said to me.

“It was the right moment for me to say these things about Mr Ferguson.

“Mr Ferguson was talking too much about Liverpool and for too long a time so I think it was the right moment to say, ‘enough is enough’.

“And a lot of people think the facts I put on the table were right. We will wait and see what happens now.

“If Mr Ferguson continues saying things, OK, maybe we will have to look for more facts and maybe in 22 years we have a lot of facts. It is a situation that he has created.”

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/79470

Another story: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2120102.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Rafa: "because when you talk too much about another team that means you are under pressure"

My god, the irony

Draupnir wrote: »
    Rafa: "because when you talk too much about another team that means you are under pressure"

My god, the irony

thought that was funny all right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I can understand what he is saying though, I think Gill being on the FA board is a terrible conflict of interest, just as I thought the same about Dein being on the FA board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,454 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Draupnir wrote: »
    I can understand what he is saying though, I think Gill being on the FA board is a terrible conflict of interest, just as I thought the same about Dein being on the FA board.

indeed - does the position have to be filled by a chairman or director of one of the premier league sides? Also, I think the premier league club chairman vote for the position, is that so?

• Advertisement

What a petty and bitter little man...... I hope the FA slap him with a fine. You know SAF would get one despite Benitez's claims to the contrary.

I agree with him to a degree but the way he's going about it is out of order. He has the right to question that, but do it with some degree of classy please.

Gill certainly influenced the FA when they banned Evra for 4 games.......

ridiculous comment tbh...

ridiculous comment tbh...

Exactly. Ridiculous everything tbh. Benitez infers that Gill being there favours United but it hasnt stopped th FA from their usual sh1te when it comes to United so his point is moot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,719 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Didn't they just come out and call some of the United staff blatant liars too.

Gill is a crap inside man.

Exactly. Ridiculous everything tbh. Benitez infers that Gill being there favours United but it hasnt stopped th FA from their usual sh1te when it comes to United so his point is moot.

what usual ****e?

• Advertisement
Advertisement