Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Generation Nogi Submission Team Tournie!

Options
  • 09-01-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Finally (now that my life has got back to normal after my builder going bankrupt!), I'm pleased to announce the annual Next Generation Nogi Team Submission Tournament. The only team tournie and the only "pro" ie prize money tournament in the country (you also get the NOGI cup to keep for your school)

Slight Change in format this year. Teams will once again be pulled out of a hat on the day but this time placed in a pool, So teams will face off against each other to get out of the pool with the top two teams facing one another in the final.This means you are guaranteed more than one fight, possible a lot more.
    Next Generation NOGI Pro Team Sub Tournie
    Saturday 14th March 2009 at Next Generation in Loughlinstown.

Weigh ins at 10am. Competition at 11.

€100 per team of 5 to enter. (ie €20 per competitor)

Weight Classes -68kg, -75kg, -83kg, -92kg, +92kg

€500 and the NOGI cup to winning team

Closing Date for Entries is Monday 9th March 2009

Entries to dj_kimura@hotmail.com and once again, if you are missing a large (fat) or small (midget) competitor other schools im sure will help you out to complete your team (s).

It is a given that "team made up on the day" will always do very well in this tournament!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

Finally (now that my life has got back to normal after my builder going bankrupt!), I'm pleased to announce the annual Next Generation Nogi Team Submission Tournament. The only team tournie and the only "pro" ie prize money tournament in the country (you also get the NOGI cup to keep for your school)

Slight Change in format this year. Teams will once again be pulled out of a hat on the day but this time placed in a pool, So teams will face off against each other to get out of the pool with the top two teams facing one another in the final.This means you are guaranteed more than one fight, possible a lot more.
    Next Generation NOGI Pro Team Sub Tournie
    Saturday 14th March 2009 at Next Generation in Loughlinstown.

Weigh ins at 10am. Competition at 11.

€100 per team of 5 to enter. (ie €20 per competitor)

Weight Classes -68kg, -75kg, -83kg, -92kg, +92kg

€500 and the NOGI cup to winning team

Closing Date for Entries is Monday 9th March 2009

Entries to dj_kimura@hotmail.com and once again, if you are missing a large (fat) or small (midget) competitor other schools im sure will help you out to complete your team (s).

It is a given that "team made up on the day" will always do very well in this tournament!

ttt

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Just over 4 weeks to go, if any more clubs intend on sending teams could you email me if you have not already done so. dj_kimura@hotmail.com Remember even if you can only fill 2 or 3 weight slots, other clubs may have heavies or lighties to make up a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

This was a great competition last year - everyone should come down even if you have only a few people, there are bargains to be had in the spare bodies category!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Perfecting that shoulder throw Clive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

I've been working on the defence - a smaller upper body and larger midsection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

-68kg mercenary right here:pac:

Valmont wrote: »
    -68kg mercenary right here:pac:

Boo! We're gettin 2 teams in, none of that mercenary crap!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

will have at least two teams coming down to you sir

Just over a week to go, Medals have been ordered and the NOGI cup is currently being forged by hand at an undisclosed factory in Witthenshaw. :-)

If you havent emailed me to tell me you are bringing a team, half a team, just yourself in the hopes of getting on a team, then please do so ASAP.

Weigh ins at 10am sharp. 2 chances to make weight (yes loughlinstown have a Sauna!)

NG are on the look out for one or two heavyweights (we wont call you fat) so suitable candidates may apply.

• Advertisement

Weigh Ins this Saturday are at 10am. Please try to be on time as this will facilitate the competition starting on time at 11am or just before. Coaches or team captains will need to complete an entry form on the day at the registration table. Rules meeting will be 1040am approx with the draw for who faces who straight after.

Advertisement