Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amp/speakers or PC speakers

• 09-01-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I have a Sony LCD TV W4500 and a Shuttle SD11G5 as a HTPC with a built in Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit, 7.1 channel EAX Advanced HD audio and Digital SPDIF I/O. No room for another sound card. I was wondering is it better to go for PC speakers like the Z550 or something like the Sony HT SF1300.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

My recommendation would be to go for separate amp and speakers - you get a mix of benefits including future expandability - you might want to connect other devices such as a dvd/bluray player, set-top box, games console etc to your set up in future and a separate amp makes this a straight forward possibility. I have limited experience of PC speaker setups, but those I have heard have far poorer sound quality than even entry level amp and speaker setups. You also have the option of upgrading the speakers separately at some point in the future.

Ritz.

Advertisement