Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere for lunch near Limerick

Options
  • 09-01-2009 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭

I will be meeting a friend on Saturday who lives on the NE outskirts of Limerick. Rather than going into town is there anywhere nice for a drink & a snack a few miles East eg on the Dublin Road ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

What about annacotty??? The bar there does lovely food or you could go to Zweeton thats is there too there lunch is fab

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Goosers in Killaloe is really nice. Its about 15 mins from Castletroy, but its worth the trip (if coming from Limerick, turn left at the roundabout just past Birdhill).

Edit: Just noticed the OP was 9th January.... I think we're a bit late with our recommendations. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Finnegans are lovely. but busy. probably too late now though. there's an excellent placy in birdhill. unbelievable food but the staff are wierdly rude for some reason. but the food really is unreal. one of the best i've ever tasted. can't remember the name of it but its the only restaurant on the main road going through birhill so you can't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finnegans has been really s**t for the last few years. I remember when it was so much better than it is now.

The place in Birdhill is Matt the Thresher.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yea thats it. I actually havn't been to finnigans in about 3 years but used to go there all the time with my parents. it could be ****e now for all I know. its still very busy all the time though isn't it?
    I remember the place in birdhill. It was so wierd. staff were unreal ignorent and the owner literally came over and threw you out. this was other people in the restaurant too except people he knew. really wierd cause the food was unbelievably nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

had lunch in Matt Threshers (Birdhill) also a few times and can recommend it

Advertisement